Re: Introducing Three New Solidoodle Models

#26284 - still no update on shipping. Who wants to bet shipping gets pushed to feb?

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

blazin_penguin wrote:

A very real possibility. According to Sam he is waiting for his ship to come in, it is sitting waiting for its turn to get unloaded. Then the container gets loaded on a truck and off to NYC.
I can only imagine the journey this has been both for SD and the hundreds of waiting customers.

one of the QA's said that they were going to ship directly from their LA warehouse to cut down on transport time.

You are likely  correct. I made an assumption of NYC warehouse.
If the printers are coming into LA it would make sense to ship at at least the orders west of the Mississippi from LA.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

From what I understand the printers (Press) will still ship directly from their warehouse in LA.

Rumor has it the printers will be off the ship tomorrow or Wednesday and they are on track to start shipping by Friday.

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

MacGyverX wrote:

How is it that some people are getting extra spools with their press orders and others are not? If that's something they are entertaining for a few they should do that for everyone. I should not have to 'threaten' to cancel my order for proper customer service.

I bet you have a good chance of getting a free spool if you simply ask them to consider doing so, due to the delays they've had.  My guess is that their concern is for the customers that they know are unhappy. 

A few days ago, I sent a reply to my original order confirmation with a request for that consideration.  Today I got a response with the latest status (same as on their Facebook page), along with them asking for my color choice of filament.

SD Press
Modeling software: 123D Design

Okay. I sent a email politely asking if they where do anything to compensate for the delays. And mentioned that some other folks I know that also ordered a Press & WBA got compensations.

I basically got a response that looks cut & pasted about the shipping times and they are not doing any compensations of any kind.

Kinda of crappy really.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

Didn't they already compensate the pre-orders for having to wait by letting them pay a couple hundred less than retail?

My argument is the fact that they did for some (mostly for the folks that threaten to cancel their orders.) And not for everyone.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

IanJohnson wrote:

Didn't they already compensate the pre-orders for having to wait by letting them pay a couple hundred less than retail?

I somewhat agree

I'm in at $350 and although, yes the delay is a slight disappointment and communication could have been I feel I have been duly compensated for the lower price I paid, I really don't mind waiting.

Maybe it's just my crappy luck but, with the exception of some video games, I've yet to pre-order anything that has come out "on time." That or the item shows up on a retail shelf before I get mine in the mail. I'm so used to waiting for stuff, it just doesn't bug me anymore. Sure, I'm excited to get the Press and put it through it's paces but, stressing isn't going to get it here any quicker. sad I wish it did. wink Hopefully, someone will get a Press in the next few weeks and make some good videos.

Good news for the press orders, seems the ship has made it into the port today. Someone posted this on solidoodles facebook page not sure how they got the info but iv been following it for the past couple weeks.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho … pid:689859

I'm guessing there will be trumpets and fanfare when their crate is offloaded.  who here knows how long it takes to offload a ship like that?

Solidoodle Workbench

blazin_penguin wrote:

I'm guessing there will be trumpets and fanfare when their crate is offloaded.  who here knows how long it takes to offload a ship like that?

I think it took a week to 10 days for the Boots Industries ship to be unloaded and released from customs.  However, they had a customs broker that screwed up and they were doing it over the holidays so, hopefully, SD won't have to wait so long.

Boots Industries v2.5 Delta
Robo 3D with Pico Hot End, ViKi LCD, OctoPi, EZStruder, Precision Rods, Extended Z Height

638 (edited by blazin_penguin 2015-01-08 20:08:47)

actually I could have answered my own question, 

Solidoodle originally estimated that the first batch of press orders would be shipped out within 9 calendar days of the ship landing.  I wonder if they got lucky and will be one of the first crates off...

So that's for the Press which doesn't affect me in the slightest.  Has anyone got that wonderful E-mail about their workbench shipping?

Solidoodle Workbench

IanJohnson wrote:

That discount was for buying a printer that had't had (and hasn't had) any external reviews.

UPS labels have been printed for the Press;  so some folks (including me) have been able to find those on UPS and thus it appears that actual shipping is close.  Check the Solidoodle facebook page - Sam has updated that with details.

SD2 highly modified, SD Press coming 1/15! :-)

Saying " UPS labels have been printed" really bugs me as others vendors do that too. Just tell me when it is shipped.

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

Press is officially "in transit"!!

ETA: Thursday, January 15th

Ditto. On route, will arrive Thursday.

Press on the way-

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Thursday, 01/15/2015, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Departed - Cerritos, CA, United States, Saturday, 01/10/2015

This is bumming me out major sad What order# are you MacGyverX? i have found my tracking number but it seems to be just a pre printed label. Iv noticed people with higher order # than mine have a tracking number that works and says its been picked up by ups and will be delievered on XX date but mine even today still has no update and hasent been picked up sad Even solidoodle emailed me back yesterday and said my printer would ship by Friday. Looks like my label was also created on the 8th.

The wait continues ahaha

i cant search on ups dont know if they ship whit ups internationaly europe ?

selkess wrote:

i cant search on ups dont know if they ship whit ups internationaly europe ?

A post on solidoodles Facebook said they are shipping USPS for international orders.

If you are waiting on the Press, my son and I were able to do some filming of it at CES.  The machine looks good.  I'll be interested in hearing about the print quality.

SD2, glass bed, MK5 setup with E3D lite extruder
NX and Solid Edge CAD user
PI, Galileo, and arduino hacker
Code Monkey and Twitter user @burhop

erickphd wrote:

Press on the way-

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Thursday, 01/15/2015, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Departed - Cerritos, CA, United States, Saturday, 01/10/2015

Of course, now is the time to ask:  has anyone seen the Soliform software that is going to run this machine?

650 (edited by MacGyverX 2015-01-12 18:45:05)

I doubt it. I think everyone is going to use their existing workflows to operate their machines (I know I am). I think everyone here skill set it beyond what the SoliPrint software has to offer.