Re: Introducing Three New Solidoodle Models

Yes, me too, but I figured as it is part of the deal it would be interesting to give it a try.  I assume this isn't locked somehow to the Soliform tool like other proprietary machines are.

SD2 highly modified, SD Press coming 1/15! :-)

Spoke to a rep today about this over the phone while i was inquiring about my press tracking number. He said that the software is finished and should be added to the website soon seeing the first wave of presses have begun shipping!

http://www.blargh.co/2015/01/solidoodle … sions.html

Found this while searching thru Facebook.
It looks like someone has received their press and Soliprint has not been made available yet...

I wonder if he can just use RH for now?

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

warranty should not start til printer can be used. Solidoodle has NO excuse for this kind of stuff at this point.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

656 (edited by Dream-Cypher 2015-01-13 16:45:09)

satman49 wrote:

They have said that you can use Repetier Host, but that's kind of beside the point.  Some of us don't already have 3D Printers and existing software workflows... While I'm sure that I will quickly outgrow Soliprint, and should probably just take the time to learn the traditional software tools up front, that is not the product that Solidoodle sold.  Soliprint was part of the package.

657 (edited by erickphd 2015-01-13 16:53:27)

Just tested the link in that blog and the software is now live - Windows and Mac versions both.

http://support.solidoodle.com/hc/en-us/ … =soliprint

And I tried the Windows version - the download page shows a list of known issues - and I got several of them already.... though I don't have my printer yet. It does use slic3r.

SD2 highly modified, SD Press coming 1/15! :-)

Nice good to know software is up! Now they gotta work on the bugs, i will have to download once home

1. Some STL models will not load at all.
2. Some STL models are not centered correctly.
3. Some STL models do not land correctly.
4. Some STL models bounding box is incorrect.
5. You cannot view the gcode.
6. Models always print in the center of the platform.
7. The font is over-sized (OSX only).
8. The estimated print time is not displayed.

Wow.  Those are some pretty big issues for "finished" software.  The getting started guide also notes that only ABS is supported in SoliPrint.

-Solidoodle 2 Pro with glass bed and custom enclosure.

660 (edited by slowjoe 2015-01-14 13:46:00)

Solidoodle workbench(not the apprentice) status changed to shipped today.
Delivery date 1/16/15
(Also posted this on the order update thread)

SD3 with 1/8" glass on bed, sprayed with Suave extra-hold hair spray. Acrylic enclosure.

Dream-Cypher wrote:
satman49 wrote:

They have said that you can use Repetier Host, but that's kind of beside the point.  Some of us don't already have 3D Printers and existing software workflows... While I'm sure that I will quickly outgrow Soliprint, and should probably just take the time to learn the traditional software tools up front, that is not the product that Solidoodle sold.  Soliprint was part of the package.

thats only for workbench series. not press as it has new features like the 1 button start that the printer is named for

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Says win7 or higher , don't they know about 30%  still use XP? Imho XP is the most user friendly . I still like it. I have 8.1 on the other pc .

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

MLA wrote:

It looks like someone has received their press and Soliprint has not been made available yet...

Hey, that's me! Anyway, as has been posted here, SoliPrint is available now. I updated the blog posting with more pictures and a first print.

earhornjones wrote:

Wow.  Those are some pretty big issues for "finished" software.  The getting started guide also notes that only ABS is supported in SoliPrint.

Yeah, the list of issues is pretty disappointing. I couldn't load any of my STL models. I can confirm though that PLA is listed in the filament drop-down menu in SoliPrint.

jleichty wrote:
MLA wrote:

Hey, that's me! Anyway, as has been posted here, SoliPrint is available now. I updated the blog posting with more pictures and a first print.

earhornjones wrote:

Yeah, the list of issues is pretty disappointing. I couldn't load any of my STL models. I can confirm though that PLA is listed in the filament drop-down menu in SoliPrint.

I was very surprised to see they had released the software. I sure hope they iron out the bugs soon!

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

solidoodle posted on their FB a tech support customer service link but after all the comments to the reverse they deleted the post already. seems we need to look elsewhere for printers from competition that has beat them the past 6 months of this nonsense.

666 (edited by n2ri 2015-01-14 03:59:28)

many posted they been trying for weeks to cancel but no response. ya know 6 months ago I wished I had money to order an apprentice. now Im glad I didnt. there are better clones for same or less money. with all the mods we been asking them for the past 2 years while being ignored.

Tried Soliprint on my SD3 last night. Wanted to get it tweaked before my Workbench arrived tomorrow. The SD3 works fine with Repetier Host. Couldn't get the Soliprint software to recognize the printer. Anyone else have this problem?

SD3 with 1/8" glass on bed, sprayed with Suave extra-hold hair spray. Acrylic enclosure.

slowjoe wrote:

Tried Soliprint on my SD3 last night. Wanted to get it tweaked before my Workbench arrived tomorrow. The SD3 works fine with Repetier Host. Couldn't get the Soliprint software to recognize the printer. Anyone else have this problem?

Are they advertising support for SD3? I thought it might be only for the press.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

You are absolutely right about only the press being supported by Soliprint. Guess I should have read it closer. No support for new new Workbench either. I probably would have stayed with Repetier anyway.

Thanks

Quick video of me unboxing the Press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybuasq_G24w

More videos on the way.

mangels09 wrote:

Quick video of me unboxing the Press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybuasq_G24w

More videos on the way.

Good luck mangels09 and welcome to the beautiful and frustrating world of 3D printing smile. Thanks for the video. The machine looks pretty slick. Kudos to solidoodle for the nice design. Now let's see how it prints! smile

anyone try mattercontrol full 3d printer software free  i not have my printer yet but i downloaded it and its looking good shows everything
and can send you email or sms when finish

Got my Solidoodle Workbench yesterday, order#27262. Here is the Youtube link to the unboxing video:

youtu.be/W956M69iJ9Q

Haven't had time to get it going yet, but as soon as I do I'll try to post a first print video.

Joe

slowjeo170 wrote:

Got my Solidoodle Workbench yesterday, order#27262. Here is the Youtube link to the unboxing video:

youtu.be/W956M69iJ9Q

Haven't had time to get it going yet, but as soon as I do I'll try to post a first print video.

Joe

Nice teaser video!
Thanks for sharing smile

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

I am new to this forum, but since I am looking into getting the workbench I though it would be a good idea to join.  I have talked to solidoodle and they say that they have only tested PLA and ABS, and dont warranty more exotic filaments. Has any one tried to print nylon or ninjaflex or even polycarbonate on their solidoodle printers with any success? 

Thanks guys