Re: Introducing Three New Solidoodle Models

Kickstarter printers show up at Chinese printer expos before getting delivered to backers, so it could happen.  If they do it and piss off Solidoodle, what is Sam going to do, start from scratch with a different factory?  Hopefully they have some kind of Chinese IP protection in place.  I suspect that is something that most Kickstarters don't have the savvy or money to do.

I canceled my press but my son didn't.  It looks like it might get to his place in Las Vegas about the time I get there for CES. 

Are any of you SolidDoodle folks going?  If it all works, I'll buy you a drink.  If not, bring your tools to the bar smile

SD2, glass bed, MK5 setup with E3D lite extruder
NX and Solid Edge CAD user
PI, Galileo, and arduino hacker
Code Monkey and Twitter user @burhop

I mean a twin to it was already being sold from China a month ago under different name and was posted on this forum with denies from SD

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I wonder long before there is a chinese Press clone.

As soon as solidoodle stops buying all the factory makes?
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

580 (edited by Ggalisky 2014-12-17 01:02:52)

n2ri wrote:

I mean a twin to it was already being sold from China a month ago under different name and was posted on this forum with denies from SD

Link?

Ulitmaker 2, a few repraps, Custom Big FFF 3D printer with heated chamber.

My Blog http://ggalisky.weebly.com/
My Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXShYo … aDUpebDAOw

Geeetech has a SD2 clone, but not a Press.

sooo has anyone recieved an email saying there press has shipped?

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

My order should be in the first batch, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Same here! Cant wait to get that update that it has shipped

desertstriker2008 wrote:

Solicountdown?

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

solijohn wrote:
desertstriker2008 wrote:

Solicountdown?

Iv been doing that for months smile

So did anyone get their WBA? They said those started shipping on the 5th. Figure the forums would be flooded with posts about it by now.

From what they said in the blog post (Which is throwing a malware warning when you go to it) My order number was about well within the first 20 of the block marked for today. (Hard to say which of those are Press, WB, WBA, filament or anything else in their online store) I was expecting a email today with some kind of status of the order. Judging from the forums, It looks like no one got that email saying that theirs has shipped. Judging how things are going and SDs pass record. These are all going to ship passed the holidays. And most likely they will start shipping out of order.

This is very Kickstarter like. Don't share any info until it's too late. Don't ship when you say you are going to ship. I am sure SD disagrees with those statements. But actions speaks louder then words. They have missed every deadline that they placed on themselves. Even the Q&A was a couple days late. The Q&A about SoliPrint. Was a couple days late- An even when it was posted it was about paragraph with the shortest demo. Which makes you question what was the additional delay? *shrug*

Oh well- At the end of the day it's another disappointment.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

From their blog -Workbench printers will begin shipping between 12/15-12/19.If that is true ,someone should have one by now.

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

I still don't think they will ship much this year if any.

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

26284 - still " in production"

kiss goodbye to having it for Christmas then :-(

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

Big time Bummer. I really want to email again and ask if the Press Printers even arrived from overseas yet? Hope we get some sort of update.

592 (edited by MacGyverX 2014-12-23 23:21:30)

Another update and more delays. http://blog.solidoodle.com/2014/12/pres … ng-update/

Which they would had shared that when they found out. Not a close to a week after they own preset deadline.
I also wish they didn't use facebook as a means to convey this info.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

umm seems the norm for SD.No wonder folks are canceling their orders and being that the SD4 is current model there should  no reason for  for the delay in shipping them. They should have them built and ready to go. Just my .02 worth.

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

Press and Workbench orders are both being affected by the heavy West Coast port congestion which is a result of the ongoing contract negotiations between the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) and the Pacific Maritime Association. While we took this into consideration when we made our shipping estimations, these port related delays have increased in the past week since our last update.

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

So did the first batch of press printers that Sam "personally packed" get shipped then?

jagowilson wrote:

So did the first batch of press printers that Sam "personally packed" get shipped then?

Did you not read the linked post?

The first shipping container of Press printers arrived by sea at the Los Angeles port on December 17th. However, due to the ILWU slowdown, the ship carrying our products is unable to land at the port and is currently being held outside the Los Angeles harbor. As soon as the ship is permitted to land, our first container will be unloaded and Press printers will begin shipping to customers. Our shipping agent informed us today that they now estimate the ship to land in port around December 30th, after which products will be sent to our warehouse and then on to our first customers. Please see below for detailed shipping estimates for all models.

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

Haha somehow that did not click in my brain... thanks.

598 (edited by n2ri 2014-12-24 03:09:59)

dont have any other issues of getting packages from China, whats this about?
wish my old boss would have believed such fairy tales when i didnt get things done on time. I would have still been getting a pay check from them 6 years later ;^P

next week the boat anchored off shore will sink and printers will be gone.

hope Sam bought the Solicare insurance on his printers.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Do you think Solicare covers water damage ???
ha ha

SD3, RAMPS 1.4, Lawsy's carriages modified by me, 2 SSRs, E3D V6, 2 Power supplies, Independent monitoring of both power supplies (amps and volts) also extruder and bed temps, Blue Tooth connectivity, bearings in all axis & rotational points, Y axis direct drive.  Remotely controlled power box on / off . Gecko Tec build plate . Renamed FrankenDoodle

I have seen many small companies go under due to lesser issues. its part of the 'all eggs in one basket' your Mom warned of.