Re: FilaWinder Documentation

Can you give me please a detail image of the correct position of the jumper can come.

Can it be that you were not plugged in correctly?

Do the other buttons and switches work properly, can you calibrate the sensor and get it to control the motor?

It might be the connection of the wires to the button aren't good.  However I've run in to a couple of Arduinos which wouldn't respond to the left switch for no reason.  I put the leads of my multimeter on the metal tabs in the wire housing for the button wire so I could check continuity.  I wanted to see if the button press signal was reaching the board.  As soon as I pressed the button the guide moved, and the button worked from then on.  If you don't have a multimeter, you could try replacing the multimeter leads with both ends of a short piece of wire.

The jumper in the picture is set for troubleshooting mode.  For 3mm mode it would be on the set of pins to the left of it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sc/1oy00hndxpcpgwv/sg1TmLRwHA/0?dl=1&token_hash=AAGlaKyM4SI3zg145XshG65P_9QjOYq7xdaDKq3gxA9ORw

128 (edited by fredaxe 2014-02-22 06:59:22)

Hi ian
Yesterday. I ve try  the extrusionbot. With filawinder v9b firmware and the 15rpm gear motor
The spool. Doesn't work fine The filament  pla was so fast and the motor run more slowly  so i ve changed the motor gear with an 70 rpm motor gear. But no more good result.could you bost the v9b firmware for the motor turn more quickly and correctly?or have you got another  file. Stl. drive gear with more teeth ? Please
Thanks
fredaxe

How fast is the extrusion bot running?  I've started using 30rpm motors, and I timed it at about 152cm/min of filament at full speed.  Is the top speed in auto mode as fast as manual mode?  I had found that auto wasn't outputting the full speed of the motor (255) so I added a multiplier to scale it up.

Double check that the pull control section looks like this-

void pull_control()
  {
    qtra.readCalibrated(sensorValues);
    unsigned int line_position = qtra.readLine(sensorValues, QTR_EMITTERS_OFF, 1);  

Input = line_position;                 //Get line position from sensors
    pullPID.Compute();  //Run the PID 
  int ScaledOutput = (Output * 1.7);             //Scale the Output from 0-150 to 0-255)       
  if (ScaledOutput <= 0) {ScaledOutput = 1;}         //Limit the output to the range of 0-255) 
  if (ScaledOutput >= 255){ScaledOutput = 255;}
  puller_speed = ScaledOutput;
  analogWrite(motor_spoolerPin,puller_speed);   //Set the spool speed to the PID result

}

I don't have any other gear sizes.  It would also require changing the distance between the motor and the spool hub.  If you can find or make a spool that had a wider hub, it will pull filament faster due to the larger circumference.

Hi
The extrusion bot.  Work around. 56cm/minutes
Can i raise. The power around. 2,5volt. Before the regulto. 7805 the motor  will run so fast?

The arduino is supposed to be able to take up to 20v, with 12v the recommended max.  You could probably boost it a little without hurting the Arduino, but that specification is for the official version.  The regulator used on a clone may not be so robust.

If you run the 70rpm motor in manual mode can it go fast enough?  Based on how fast the 30rpm motor goes, it's hard to believe the 70 is too slow.  You can run in troubleshooting mode and watch the serial monitor to see if a full 255 PWM is getting sent to the motor.

hi
i can modify the screw speed controller...12v for max rpm  so if i reduce at 11v
the screw speed will be more low ->min rpm

Hey,

here I am again.

So now I'm back a piece came on.

Now I have the problem that when I press the left button and with the potentiometer position the servo, the servo always goes back and forth, quite easily. If I let go of the left button then hold the power not the position.

Do you understand what I mean? Not like you do in the video.

I can with the potentiometer, the speed of the motor control but if I want to control the speed via the sensor filament nothing is happening.

Firmware V9a jumper in the picture.

http://picload.org/image/ldlpiww/20140222_192419.jpg

Greetings

I don't understand what you mean by "power"-

If I let go of the left button then hold the power not the position.

Power would be the switch on the bottom right which turns power to the winder on and off.

When it is in Auto mode, does holding the middle button let you move the servo?  Since the middle button starts the sensor calibration in manual mode, you can test if the button works by using it to set the guide position in auto mode.

i mean the left Button to calibration den Servo.
When i push the left button und calibrate with the poti.

then when I let go of the left button, the servo moves somewhere else.

If the board otherwise correct. Jumper connected properly?

136 (edited by fredaxe 2014-02-24 05:33:10)

hi all
if you fit extrusion bot with filawinder   you must changed the motoreductor 15rpm to 70 rpm
and change the   drive gear with  my new  drive  gear16 teeth

Post's attachments

drive_gear_16.stl.zip 124.1 kb, 31 downloads since 2014-02-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

When you calibrate with the left button, it is setting the place where the guide will change direction, which is not the same as the place where the guide is currently winding filament.  After you set the limit with the left or right button, the next time the magnet passes the hall sensor on the control board the guide will move back to the current winding position. 

If it is moving back the moment you let go of the left button, it is possible that the magnet has been stopped over the hall sensor so that the move back to winding position gets triggered instantly.

Since the Filawinder uses photoresistors to detect the position of the loop of filament, I was wondering how well can detect clear plastic filaments such as the PLA which I received with the Filastruder.

(sorry if this question is off topic for this thread)

It works fine.  I've used clear ABS with it, and the filament isn't so clear that it doesn't cast a shadow.  When you calibrate the sensor, it saves the brightest and darkest values it records as you wave the filament over it, and uses those values to determine what the shadow looks like.  So even if the shadow isn't very dark, it will still be able to detect it.  It might have more trouble with clear filament if there is a high level of ambient light, so if you are doing natural PLA in a sunny room it might be a good idea to shade the sensor.

hi all
NOTSTARMAN   i ve used  natural clear  pla  from nature work 6152 and the ldr detect  correctlly the filament.
IAN i ve got another error the motor doesn't stop when power on  .In auto i can't fix filament on spool  because the motor turn
always (knob max or mini).in manual i ve stopped  it   when knob mini

what can i do  in auto mode?

Is the problem only auto mode?  Does the knob control the motor properly in manual mode?  In auto, the knob does not control the motor.  I often find that after I calibrate the sensor and switch to auto for the first time, the motor will spin at full speed until I pass a piece of filament over the sensor.   Then it begins to be controlled by the sensor and stops when I move the filament up and away.

142 (edited by fredaxe 2014-02-27 14:58:15)

yes  the problem is  only in auto mode ,motor is   full speed  and  it's difficult to stick filament on spool when it turned .
in manual the knob controll speed no prob

Is the sensor working to control the spool at all in auto?  You can test it by waving a piece of filament around in front of the sensor before you start extruding.

You could just leave it in manual, stopped until the filament has reached the spool while the loop is above the sensor.  Turn off the extruder motor for a few moments while you attach the filament to the spool, then switch the extruder back on.  When the filament loop has dropped into the sensor, switch the winder to auto.

If the sensor does not control the speed of the motor in auto, open troubleshooting mode. Check that the middle button responds (changes from 1 to 0).  Check that calibration happens and it shows the Min and Max sensor values when complete.  If Calibration occurs, check to see that Loop Pos changes while moving filament in front of the sensor in Auto mode.  Finally check that Mot Speed is changing while Loop Pos changes.

144 (edited by fredaxe 2014-02-27 15:14:40)

yes the sensor working to control the spool in auto mode no prob
just it start in full auto mode

fredaxe wrote:

yes the sensor working to control the spool in auto mode no prob
just it start in full auto mode

So run in manual until you have stuck the filament on the spool?

Hey

http://picload.org/image/ldwdrdw/text.jpg

whats wrong with my Filawinder?
The Handmode drives with the knob. But in the Automotor the Sensor does not respond to filament. is the magnetic wrong way in there?

Nice greetings

What happens when you press the center button?  Does it change to 0 and then show a set of minimum and maximum values?

When i push the center

http://picload.org/image/ldwdadw/pushcenter.jpg

Push the center button while in manual mode so the sensor calibration begins.

So I have now calibriert the sensor. Then I go to car I drive through with filament, coil starts to work.

But if I then the filament raushole from sensor range then continues the coil.

How can that be?

Stay the configurations so spoked or you have to make over and over again?