Re: FilaWinder Documentation

It's not commented, I guess I started out with 3 and decided 4 would be more accurate.  The four sensors are given to the QTR library with this line-

QTRSensorsAnalog qtra((unsigned char[]) {3, 2, 1, 0},

hi all
this is on side pcb with 7 shunts and layout for people can't made double side pcb like me
work fine!

Post's attachments

filawinder 7 straps .pdf 2.8 kb, 43 downloads since 2014-02-11 

typon 3 final filawinder strap .JPG
typon 3 final filawinder strap .JPG 60.4 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-02-11 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

hi ian
i've just made some tests

ALL functions  work fine
THANK YOU

Can you post a picture of your PCB?  I always enjoy seeing homemade PCBs.  This is the testing jig I made for the control board-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sc/4c3c971w9l7zruz/In8p0u1gF2/0?dl=1&token_hash=AAHUs36szWNb1IiI8Ix9QeMvOcv59V9SbsFAVpr4STLJpQ

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sc/vgyqh8h6pez639b/lx9XOIerOc/0?dl=1&token_hash=AAH8ElgyKQSalV4re9bU8PAZjNCqhXAYw58zph7-7YU3iw

I need to come up with a new one that connects to the winder components so I can test button pushes and motor movements rather than just having some LEDs to show that the connections are good.

hi again
can i plug an i2c lcd on a4 and a5 pin on arduino     A4 for SCL pin  and A5 for SCA pin ,please?

regards
fredaxe

ok no prob
more pictures next time

w*3  .hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=927016IMG0439.jpg
thx

Post's attachments

IMG_0439.JPG 2.53 mb, 1 downloads since 2014-02-12 

Yes, that was the idea.  I don't have any code written for LCD, but I wanted to make those pins available so it would be possible.

108 (edited by fredaxe 2014-02-12 18:45:08)

yes it would be possible  to writte on lcd the time or number  turns left and when the spool is full the arduino stop the filament  extruder
i've made this with 2 arduino uno near  arduino nano
pictures next time

i hope you understand me
because my english is very bad , sorry
but if someone wants i speak french no prob

w*3.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=296455DSC0556.jpg

Post's attachments

DSC_0555.JPG
DSC_0555.JPG 2.79 mb, 1 downloads since 2014-02-12 

DSC_0563.JPG
DSC_0563.JPG 3.14 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

DSC_0564.JPG
DSC_0564.JPG 3.17 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

The number of spool turns won't give you a correct count of filament, because the amount of filament spooled with every turn gets larger as the spool fills up.  A better solution would be to make the filament turn a rotary encoder knob, and count turns of the encoder.  You might need Pins 2 and 3 so you can use hardware interrupts with the encoder. 2 and 3 are used by a button and a switch, but you could reassign those to the expansion pins at the bottom of the board.

yes but it's the magnet who give  the number of spool turns small or hight filament diameter doesn't influence the count .i've just add an magnetic sensor bulb to increment +1 to arduino when the magnet goes near the sensor

It's not the filament diameter, but the circumference of the filament wrapped around the spool.  As the spool becomes full, it takes a longer length of filament to wrap one time around the spool.  If the spool hub has a diameter of 5cm, 1 turn of the spool at the beginning will wrap 15.7cm of filament.  As the spool fills, the hub diameter grows.  When there is enough filament loaded on the spool to make a diameter of 8cm, each turn of the spool will wrap 25cm of filament.

As the length of filament pulled with each rotation increases, the speed of the spool will decrease to maintain a constant feed rate.  At the beginning of spooling, the circumference of the hub is known, and you can calculate an average feed rate based on the time between counted rotations before the filament begins to overlap.  Then you can count the length of filament extruded based on the amount of time that has passed since that measurement.

A simpler method would be to position a limit switch close to the spool where the spooled plastic will press it when it gets full enough.

i'm not ok with your method  .if you know exactly the number of turn spool when it's full  you stop the filastruder.

example  you need  1500 turns as the spool become full after each turn by the magnet near the magnet sensor  arduino -1 turn  to 1500   when arduino reach 0000 turn it'll stop the power

That will work, you just need to wind a full spool first to count how many turns it takes, and do it for each size of spool you use.

yes each size  i forgot that
it's because i 've got  all the same spool size
ok
it's time to sleep here now
bye

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i … SC0565.jpg

What is the yellow box with the other temperature control for?

117 (edited by fredaxe 2014-02-16 17:24:44)

hi ian
a second pid  is for the hot end of extruder just on the exit
and a spoll turn counter left  lcd
the left knob is a fan speed controller

Post's attachments

IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG 1.77 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

Careful with those knockoff PIDs, they catch fire easily.

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,243 … msg-243664

ok elmoret
i ll be carefull
  but the pid only will work 1h30 max for one full filament spool

Hello Ian.

Thank you for your work.
Super package has already arrived.
Thank you.

Too bad you do not answer me on private messages.

What firmware should I now play for the 3mm filament? The printed board, so now has the jumper in it.
And what mm for 1.75 filament?

friendly greetings

I recommend using the 9a firmware so you can use the jumper to switch back and forth between 3mm and 1.75 if you need to.

Any tips on getting V9a to compile?  I have V4 on my homemade board now.

Brian

v9 comes with the libraries in the folder with the sketch.  If you already have the libraries installed in the Arduino Libraries folder, they may fight with each other.  Try taking the QTR and PID_v1 folders out of the Libraries folder in Arduino and then try to compile.

Thanks.  That was the problem.

Brian

Now I have the power to it all okay.
The firmware is also uploaded V9a okay.

Wiring is done.

Now do I turn on power and the servo motor moves short. Power LED is on.

Now I turn on the automatic, then do yourself in first place.

Then I want to set the servo motor. Press the left botton and turn at the podium, but nothing happens.

Wodran could be the reason? He moves so short when I turn on power.

Can you help me?