Re: Filastruder Documentation and CAD/STL files

"auger mount" is the label used in Swapeasy's pictures. In the video, it's just called "the middle support".

"Front of the support" is the phrase used in the changelog.

Having a video available is *so* much more powerful a tool than the flat diagrams, it's very hard to ignore what's already out there. I hope the video for 1.3 isn't too different from the 1.2 version I have.

What would *really* be boss, would be some phptos showing the differences between the different revisions, to let us see what's changed, instead of having to translate some ambiguous language.

If the official instructions included a picture parts list like swapeasy made, that would really tighten up the nomenclature a lot.

Any chance there's a v1.3 of the assembly instructions available? I can't seem to find them anywhere, and the instructions for v1.2 don't match the parts I have.  (I can't even tell if I'm missing pieces from the kit or the instructions just don't match between v1.2 and v1.3)

I'd quite like to get the kit assembled but I can't figure it out from the v1.2 instructions. Thanks!

enimihil wrote:

Any chance there's a v1.3 of the assembly instructions available? I can't seem to find them anywhere, and the instructions for v1.2 don't match the parts I have.  (I can't even tell if I'm missing pieces from the kit or the instructions just don't match between v1.2 and v1.3)

I'd quite like to get the kit assembled but I can't figure it out from the v1.2 instructions. Thanks!

I'll post them tomorrow - I was able to get a batch of v1.3 in the mail before I finished up the instruction revision.

elmoret wrote:
enimihil wrote:

I'll post them tomorrow - I was able to get a batch of v1.3 in the mail before I finished up the instruction revision.

Well you said you would do it yesterday and I have been waiting like 5 days to put this together. Any chance today is the day

inkhed1 wrote:
elmoret wrote:
enimihil wrote:

Well you said you would do it yesterday and I have been waiting like 5 days to put this together. Any chance today is the day

Original post updated - two days late, my apologies.

That's our Tim!  Kickin' ass and shippin' Filastruders!

cckens wrote:

That's our Tim!  Kickin' ass and shippin' Filastruders!

+1

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

inkhed1 wrote:
elmoret wrote:
enimihil wrote:

Patience, Grasshopper... Tim has been really great at getting out the filastruders and he has consistently updated his information.  I like to think of the whole 3D printer experience as a journey, not an endgame.  In fact, I can almost guarantee that my first 'struder will be broken by some weird thing I try to do with it, I will learn more from trying to fix it, and Tim will be sending me another one in a year.

It really was my fault, I said I'd have it posted and I didn't. Thanks for the support though, guys. smile

Should the feed screw be slip-fit into the nipple? Even light taps with a hammer won't get the feed screw into my nipple/extruder body.

It should absolutely be a clearance fit. Check this thread:

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/4432/aug … -problems/

You ground down the lips on both ends, correct?

elmoret wrote:

It should absolutely be a clearance fit. Check this thread:

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/4432/aug … -problems/

You ground down the lips on both ends, correct?

Yep. They're both ground down and smoothed out.

Sounds like you need a replacement - shoot us an email.

I am receiving, "This webpage is not available" on all the links in OP.

Is this just an error on my end?

I just tried, they work for me. Does your ISP block Dropbox?

91 (edited by ddseeker 2013-11-13 00:13:40)

Must be blocked on my end, will try from my house tonight.

thanx

Update: Just tried at home with no issue... Thanx

Hello everybody - I am starting to assemble my Filastruder (serial #787) and I received a whitish thrustplate (made of some sort of laser cut wood product) and two flanges. I am unsure if I use both flanges and what the order of placement is for this section of the machine.

I hope I am asking this in the right place and I am sorry if I am missing something in the instructions, but thank you in advance for  any and all help!

Jacqueline

Instructions state:

3.)    Slide wooden thrust plate onto feed screw. If your kit came with two white thrust plates, use both. If your kit came with a single wooden thrust plate, email us – it has been recalled. If your kit came with one white thrust plate and two flanges, use one flange and the white plate in place of the block shown in the figure to the right. The flange goes on the outside of the stack, flat side towards the white plate. Proper order is: shaft collar -> thrust bearing -> white plate -> flange.

Here's what you're aiming for:

http://www.soliforum.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4258&download=0

Thanks elmoret for the quick response, the picture is perfect.

Jacqueline

Is it normal for the cutout in the pipe to be off about 15 degrees from being centered vertically? The threads closes to the cutout seam to bind up when it threaded in into the base plate where as the other side of the pipe threads in much easier,  I tried it with both base plates I cant get in to thread in quite as far as the other side which makes it off center. The auger spins freely and everything is aligned except the cut out.

Crazy1

Crazy1pilot wrote:

Is it normal for the cutout in the pipe to be off about 15 degrees from being centered vertically? The threads closes to the cutout seam to bind up when it threaded in into the base plate where as the other side of the pipe threads in much easier,  I tried it with both base plates I cant get in to thread in quite as far as the other side which makes it off center. The auger spins freely and everything is aligned except the cut out.

Hi Crazy,

Yes, this is normal, you are likely to find that once you actually run the Filastruder it will tighten things further and the cutout may move, in which case you may need to remove the 4 bolts and rotate the flange by 90 degrees.

The bottom line is to get it as vertical as you can.  The opening is large enough that even if partially obscured sufficient pellets will go through.

This point has been covered multiple times in the forum.

Masterbatch, ABS and PLA Pellets available for UK and Europe.
http://www.emakershop.com/Seller=1324

In case anyone was curious, I decided to do a noise test.

Now a little bit about the test, this is by no means scientific, but I just wanted to see what the dBA was of the Filastruder. I recently bought one, assembled it and am currently running the first batches of ABS through it. When I tested the sound I used the max sound peak out of a 10-15 second time frame. The test was done in an apartment with nothing running (no fridges, heater, fans etc..) But apartment will have a slightly elevated noise floor compared to the basement of someones house. The test was done in the kitchen where the noise might bounce off walls, also the distances were from the tip of the nozzle so the gear box was another foot behind that.

Control: 42.0 dBA

5ft: 59.3 dBA

10ft: 57.4 dBA

15ft: 51.2 dBA

The noise is pretty reasonable for the amount of torque/pressure everything is under, I went to a room right next to the kitchen and shut the door: 42.7dBA, you could still hear it but only a little.

Crazy1

Cool! What'd you use to measure it?

I used an iPhone app once to get a ballpark, and it showed 45-50dB at around 1m.

As the gearbox wears in, it gets a little quieter typically. This is the standard motor, right?

100 (edited by Crazy1pilot 2014-02-14 01:20:34)

I do a lot of Radio controlled things and happened to have sound meter I received over Christmas. It works really well and is pretty much spot on with everything I've used it for.

Also, I just received my kit on Monday, and everything is stock. Sometimes the iPhone app can be off from dirt in the mic.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor … Meter.html

Crazy1