101 (edited by Crazy1pilot 2014-02-16 06:29:04)

Re: Filastruder Documentation and CAD/STL files

So after running my Filastruder for a total of about 15 hours, I've noticed some black "dust" or "powder" on the base right below the thrust bearing,, any reason for this to happen?

Crazy1

Post's attachments

photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG 1.93 mb, 2 downloads since 2014-02-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Did your kit come with a white thrust plate?

It has a Nylon spacer piece that goes behind the thrust baring and in front of the metal plate (you can kinda see it in the picture) my kit arrived last week and is version 1.4 #841

Crazy1

IanJohnson wrote:

Crazy1pilot wrote:

It has a Nylon spacer piece that goes behind the thrust baring and in front of the metal plate (you can kinda see it in the picture) my kit arrived last week and is version 1.4 #841

Crazy1

IanJohnson wrote:

I think he means the laser cut plate that you can see between the rear collar and the thrust bearing. See this picture. (It looks black in the picture, but that's the laser cut edges.)  Basically do a "what's the difference" between the two pictures below and you will see what is missing.

http://www.soliforum.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4258&download=0

http://www.soliforum.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4642&download=0

Masterbatch, ABS and PLA Pellets available for UK and Europe.
http://www.emakershop.com/Seller=1324

There's no lasercut plate in the 1.4s.

Not sure what the dust is, but I wouldn't sweat it. Possibly just the nylon spacer wearing into the flange. Is the trust bearing turning properly?

elmoret wrote:

There's no lasercut plate in the 1.4s.

Oops, my bad...

Masterbatch, ABS and PLA Pellets available for UK and Europe.
http://www.emakershop.com/Seller=1324

My 1.3 did this a little at the beginning.  I assumed it was the auger being worn in.

The thrust bearing does appear to be spinning as it should and the nylon spacer isn't moving at all which is good, so i guess ill just keep an eye on things. I am getting pretty contestant diameter flatmate which is good +-.05

Crazy1

I'm about to start my build. Its version 1.4 and the instructions say to attach the clamp collar 95mm from the end of the auger and also to ensure that 1/4" of the auger sticks out the end of the barrel. The auger isn't long enough to do both (the end of the auger is 1/4" inside the barrel with the clamp collar 95mm from the auger end), so which is more important?

The 1/4" measurement is more important, but if it's off by half an inch I wonder if something is set up wrong? Could you post a picture of your setup?

I'm too new to include images in the post. You can find a couple of pictures here

i.imgur.com/f2Sja24.jpg
i.imgur.com/0fObGRU.jpg

Distance from the back of the clamp to the end of the auger is 65mm (it looks more like 70mm on the photo, but that is just parallax)

Hmm. Looks like I cut that one too short. The way you've got it set up will work just fine though - now you have a more compact 'struder!

113 (edited by Tomek 2014-04-13 21:50:46)

I am wondering what the major difference is between 1.4 and 1.5. I have purchase order no.1416 but I can't find the serial number sheet anywhere, so I'm not certain if I'm 1.4 or 1.5.

EDIT: Nevermind. 1.5 has square shaft, mine does not.  I think I'm 1.4 .

please let me know if my logic is flawed.

Indeed! That's why I keep a public facing change log. smile

Tim video is unavailable , I am getting error from YouTube that video is private. Will really appreciate if you can share the assembly video.

The video is for version 1.0 only. People were attempting to use it on other versions and blaming me for problems, so I pulled the video. If you can show me you have a v1.0, I'll send a link.

My serial number is 992 i.e. V1.4 but we are having issues in assembly in identifying couple of items like how to join screw to motor ? Our coupler is not fitting properly on motor rod possibly I m missing some component. Video may help us through the process. Will really appreciate the link

We are trying to understand part where dowel pin need to be placed on motor flat and tapped

Video would not help you, there's no dowel pin in v1.0. There's a picture of what to do in the instructions. Did you read them?

I can't get the v1.5 documentation to download. help?

Thanks!

Works for me, what do you mean "can't get it to download"? Are you getting an error message? Have you tried with a different browser?

I have tried with both IE and Chrome. I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" or "This webpage is not available", respectively. Also had a friend try it on another computer - same issue.

Have you tried right clicking on the link and saving the target?

Just tried that -- it says "Filastruder Documentation_rev5_zip couldn't be downloaded.

there is a chance your inet provider is blocking the website https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com does this link give you a internet explorer error or the blue and while dropbox error?