301 (edited by david.tucker 2019-01-06 03:44:02)

Re: print gcode files to miniMaker

Here is an early beta of 0.96, it mostly was an attempt to get the v2 protocol in, but has several small bug fixes as well.  Try it out and let me know if it works.  Note that this build has the v2 protocol disabled.

Post's attachments

miniMover 0.96 beta.zip 272.29 kb, 71 downloads since 2019-01-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

david.tucker wrote:

I have the belts and wheels setup nicely, and I upgraded to the latest Marlin with manual mesh bed leveling and am getting a good first layer.  The extruder feed rate was off by 15% but that is not enough to account for the under extrusion I have been getting.  I tool the extruder apart and made sure it was not cracked, that the gear was snug on the shaft, and that the idler arm was not on to tight.  I have just gotten in some higher quality bowden couplers, I'm hopeful that will fix things up.  Overall this is a nice printer, it just needs a bit of hand holding to get it going.

If you get a good first layer, but under-extrusion after that, try raise your nozzle temperature. The layer cooling fan turns on after first layer, if the layer cooling fan is not aligned right and blow directly towards nozzle, this will also happen. If that is the case, raise nozzle temperature or align/turn off layer cooling fan will help.

Heat creap can also cause this since it takes time for heat to build up in nozzle and lead to under-extrusion. Picture of the print may help for troubleshoot.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

david.tucker wrote:

Here is an early beta of 0.96, it mostly was an attempt to get the v2 protocol in, but has several small bug fixes as well.  Try it out and let me know if it works.  Note that this build has the v2 protocol disabled.

I can not test your beta version, because I am a Linux user only. Is the source of this version available ?

In the commit 2e73c83 Jan 6, 2019, could you in miniMover/miniMoverConsole/makefile replace xyzprinterlist by XYZPrinterList

Thank you,
Happy printing !

Cyx wrote:
david.tucker wrote:

I can not test your beta version, because I am a Linux user only. Is the source of this version available ?

In the commit 2e73c83 Jan 6, 2019, could you in miniMover/miniMoverConsole/makefile replace xyzprinterlist by XYZPrinterList

Thank you,
Happy printing !

A transcript from the same master version:
./miniMover/miniMoverConsole/minimover -d /dev/ttyACM1  CFFFP_eyeball4_2.gcode
starting print file
uploading file to printer
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
monitoring print

Serial::clear leftover data: 'ok
ok
'S: print end process done, temp: 98 C / 0 C Error: (0x0000020d)Unsuported file version
print file succeeded
run took 84.7316 seconds

hit any key to continue.

Thank you,

First off, have to say..  Awesome software, works amazingly on my Di Vinci 1.0 Pro.  The only bug I have found so far is that I UI information for the software and front display while it is printing, and the machine control in MiniMover do not seem to work on my machine. Now to be fair I do need to control my machine from MiniMover.... However, I used to get a time and temp readout while printing, but the new code does not show it.  It only show the initial "building initializing please wait" screen.  This would not be a big deal except it mean I lose my ability to access menus access in printing menus that allow for pausing and canceling of prints from the machine.  Thank you, for all your hard work on this phenomenal job!

To show the menu with the "Cancel" option you should add M191 to the G-Code file after temperature setup.

Like this:
M190 S45.0
M104 S200
M109 S200
M191

To make working "percents done" dialog you should add a header to your G-Code with the ; total_filament = X value.

My headers for my test model is

; filename = 1.3w
; print_time = 117
; machine = daVinciAS10
; total_layers = 21
; version = 18101610
; total_filament = 69.8061
; nozzle_diameter = 0.40
; nozzle_type = 2
; extruder_filament = 69.8061:0.00
; layer_height = 0.2
; filamentid = 54,54
; extruder = 1
; threads = 1

You can uncode your .3w file saved from native program with the miniMoverUI.exe to find your "machine" code and "version"

Where is post processing plugin for CURA which adds headers automatically (you should change your printer code manually in the code.

https://github.com/RafalZajac/com.xiont … eConverter

I will be giving this a go tonight!! Thank you so much for your efforts.
neil

308 (edited by david.tucker 2019-01-22 07:41:13)

Sorry I have been so quiet over here.  I got carried away with actually using my 3d printer for a change smile  My brother in law has a dart club and I decided to convert a child's toy crossbow into a dart launcher as a gag gift for him.  It worked out fairly well and you can grab the files over on thingiverse if you want to make one yourself.   Anyway I will try to get all caught up over here when I get some quiet time this week.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3373102

http://soliforum.com/i/?cNSARTR.jpg

niceman wrote:

To show the menu with the "Cancel" option you should add M191 to the G-Code file after temperature setup.

Like this:
M190 S45.0
M104 S200
M109 S200
M191

To make working "percents done" dialog you should add a header to your G-Code with the ; total_filament = X value.

My headers for my test model is

; filename = 1.3w
; print_time = 117
; machine = daVinciAS10
; total_layers = 21
; version = 18101610
; total_filament = 69.8061
; nozzle_diameter = 0.40
; nozzle_type = 2
; extruder_filament = 69.8061:0.00
; layer_height = 0.2
; filamentid = 54,54
; extruder = 1
; threads = 1

You can uncode your .3w file saved from native program with the miniMoverUI.exe to find your "machine" code and "version"

Where is post processing plugin for CURA which adds headers automatically (you should change your printer code manually in the code.

https://github.com/RafalZajac/com.xiont … eConverter

Thanks for that info, I don't have a working printer that has a display so I'm out of the loop, this helps a lot.  I will post a note on github on this with a link to your plugin.

david.tucker wrote:

Sorry I have been so quiet over here.  I got carried away with actually using my 3d printer for a change smile  My brother in law has a dart club and I decided to convert a child's toy crossbow into a dart launcher as a gag gift for him.  It worked out fairly well and you can grab the files over on thingiverse if you want to make one yourself.   Anyway I will try to get all caught up over here when I get some quiet time this week.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3373102

http://soliforum.com/i/?cNSARTR.jpg

thats a bad ass crossbow. STL? i wanna print a bunch and give them out to random kids

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

0.96 beta is connecting to my Jr. 1.0 Pro, but I can't do any commands like home, bed leveling etc. . Only the "convert function" works. Thanks

mishu_28nmv wrote:

0.96 beta is connecting to my Jr. 1.0 Pro, but I can't do any commands like home, bed leveling etc. . Only the "convert function" works. Thanks

Sadly only the mini and micro machines support the control commands. That is a limitation in the machines firmware and I can’t work around it.

You should still be able to convert from gcode to 3w and back. And you should be able to start a print and monitor it.

Thank you for your time. Do you know a g-code command to PAUSE the print that really works with xyz printers?
Da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Pro

mishu_28nmv wrote:

Thank you for your time. Do you know a g-code command to PAUSE the print that really works with xyz printers?
Da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Pro

It takes a special controller to be able to pause a print as it needs to remember and store the last known coordinates when it was paused and most controller don't have their memory setup to be accessed that way. Also requires firmware that supports pausing as well.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

You could try to add gcode that moves the printhead out of the way then executed a long delay, but there is no interactive pause and resume for the xyz printers.

david.tucker wrote:

You could try to add gcode that moves the printhead out of the way then executed a long delay, but there is no interactive pause and resume for the xyz printers.

Do you know the commands for that?

mishu_28nmv wrote:
david.tucker wrote:

Do you know the commands for that?

You would literally have to manually generate the gcode that will move the head the desired number of mm in the desired direction and wait for x time all the while keeping the extruder hot, releasing it for your control and then moving it back to the original position after you are done assuming you have not moved the head even one step in any direction. If you did then it would ruin the entire thing. Once you created that section of gcode you would then manually add that section of gcode to the correct location in the already generated gcode from the slicer.

What you are wanting to do requires a dual head printer, or the pallet system. All options that should have been thought of before wasting money on the Da Vinci as that money plus another $500 to $1000 could have been used to get what you want.

Now you could also take sections of filament and weld/melt them together but there is no real accurate way to control where the color change will happen and your weld would have to be secure and the same diameter as the existing filament.

318 (edited by mishu_28nmv 2019-02-05 16:02:36)

I am new to g-code commands, that is why I'm ansking for those commands.
move the extruder X mm:?
delay so you can change filament Y seconds:?
resume print:?
Already tried in Simplify3D with 3 colours (first 0-10 mm, second 10-20 mm, third:20-30 mm). First colour prints ok. The problem is when I try to resume print for the second colour, than the machine is only 5mm raised and hits the print even if the extruder will print from the 10 mm height. If I only knew a command to raise the extruder 20 mm (for safety) so it doesn't hit the print sad

Post's attachments

MultiColour.jpg
MultiColour.jpg 283.65 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

319 (edited by carl_m1968 2019-02-05 16:30:26)

First go here and get an overview of various commands.

http://marlinfw.org/meta/gcode/

Next the command you are looking for is G1.

The usage is G1 F500 Zxxx.

F500 is the speed you want it to move at and Z is the axis to move then xxx is the distance in mm you want it to move.

Note if you move it up you will also have to move it back down. It will not return to the height it was automatically.

What you are trying to do in S3D is supposed to be done by the printer using multiple extruders. Not by you doing it manually.

Sorry for filling your post with my problem! smile
I did insert now G1 Z10 F6000 as start script for the second colour. In 15 minutes I will see the result.

mishu_28nmv wrote:

Sorry for filling your post with my problem! smile
I did insert now G1 Z10 F6000 as start script for the second colour. In 15 minutes I will see the result.

If you did that then it is going to move the head to the 10mm position, not 10mm. So if you print is above 10mm it will crush the print. If it is below the 10mm point it will move to it. You have to figure out at what height you want the change at and put that the value in you need to be at in regards to that height.

The issue is what system is your printer currently set at. Relative or Absolute positioning. If set for relative which is usually not the case by default it will move in regards to the last position and simply add the value to the current value.

If set for absolute then it will treat the value used as the target coordinates and move to that value meaning if the value you put in is less than the current value it will crush what has been printed.

G90 and G91 – Set Positioning Mode
Your printer can use either absolute or relative positioning. Absolute positioning means that you will be telling your 3D printer to move an exact XYZ coordinate. Relative positioning is used when you want to tell the printer how far it should move from the current location. Send a G90 command to tell your printer to use absolute positioning, or a G91 for relative positioning. The majority of your gcode file will likely use absolute positioning, since the slicer has already determined the exact XYZ coordinates to move to. However, if you don’t know the previous position of the toolhead, or you simply know that you want to move the head a certain distance along an axis, you can use relative positioning. While G90 and G91 control the positioning mode for the X, Y, and Z axes, you can also use M82 or M83 to set your extruder (E-axis) to absolute or relative positioning.

Arguments:
None

Example usage:
G90 ; use absolute positioning for the XYZ axes
G1 X10 F3600 ; move to the X=10mm position on the bed
G1 X20 F3600 ; move to X=20mm

G91 ; use relative positioning for the XYZ axes
G1 X10 F3600 ; move 10mm to the right of the current location
G1 X10 F3600 ; move another 10mm to the right

You need to look at your gcode your slicer is generating and see what system it is setting for when it begins the print to know how to set your move. You may need to add G90 or G91 to your move script in order to change the move system for the time you need it for then change it back if necessary.

322 (edited by mishu_28nmv 2019-02-05 19:26:56)

I wrote the first line in gcode like this:G1 Z100 F6000
The extruder is in home axes in bottom left corner.
When I give the command to print than the print is initializing and it goes to right bottom corner without lifting the extruder.
Than moves the bsae platform to me and then raises 100 mm and after that is printing at normal hight of 10 mm (the second colour starts at 10 mm hight).
So the problem is with the initialization. It is occuring before everything.
I will also read about the M82 and M83 commands

You can't add it to the start gcode. You have to manually open the sliced gcode and add the line to the appropriate spot where you want the lift to happen in the build. Anything you put in the start gcode will happen at that time, the start. I am guessing you want the change to happen 10mm into the build. So you would need to open and edit the gcode and insert the move part as well as a pause part then move back part into the 10mm point of the gcode.

To do this you will need to learn to read gcode and know when a layer change happens and how many it takes to reach 10mm based on your layer thickness.

Like I said this is something you want a machine that is built to do to do. It  is not something you can do easily or even hard, but with great difficulty with your machine and knowledge. Heck, even I would not try it with my 15 years experience. To be honest based on your questions and mistakes so far I am going to be blunt and tell you this is far above your current knowledge level. You need a good year of printing and gcode under your belt before trying stuff like this.

If you really want to print in dual  or more color I would suggest saving up a buying a machine made for such a purpose. Dual/multi Extruder printers start around the $800 USD range and go on up into the several $K range.

If you want to stay with the machine you have and not buy a new one you might want to consider the Pallate system I mentioned earlier. It is an add on for any machine that changes from one color to sever others.

https://www.mosaicmfg.com/

But at a cost of an additional $600 you have to ask how bad you want multi-color.

Thank you for all your support.
My job is very simple. I need to find a Pause command that I can write in the already sliced gcode (after you slice a model you can save the gcode and edit-just to clarify what I mean) so I can swap the filament. I know where to put these (I mean layer and height). But I need to find the right pause command that my firmware can READ.
da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Pro, firmware 1.1.2

Found some pause command and will test them:

G4 P180000 ; dwell for 3 minutes

M0 P180000 Click OK to continue ; stop for 3 minutes and displays a message
M108 ; resume print

M125 L20 ; retract 2cm of filament and park the nozzle

M600 X10 Y15 Z5 ; Do filament change at X:10, Y:15 and Z:+5 from current

There are several Cura plugins that will help you unload and load filament at a certain z height. I don’t know if any of these work with the davinci printers but in theory they should.

Your script needs to save the head position, move to a safe spot, unload the filament, pause for a moment while you swap filament, load the filament manually, possibly home, then return to the starting position. That all has to be done with straight gcode commands that don’t require user input (no pause till user hits a button commands).