Re: print gcode files to miniMaker

Hello ,

just wanted to note that miniMover doesn't always seem to detect the printer's com port when attached over USB.
Im running Linux and and the printer was showing up as /dev/ttyACM0 which is linked to COM33 on my wine config. However, miniMover was only able to communicate with the printer when the port was explicitly passed as an argument: 'wine miniMover.exe -po COM33 -s'

Not a huge issue, but it might be good to know that you can find the correctly mapped port with: ls -la <WINEPATH>/dosdevices

Thanks for the great tool smile

What slicer and settings are recommended for working with a minimaker?

When printing with cura-sliced gcode and 50mm/s print speed the print head moves very quickly and is unable to extrude enough filament in time / have it attach to the print bed. It appears to be moving a lot faster than the standard print speed for the printer (60mm/s).

Is there something I'm missing here? I am using the example cura configuration from the first page of the thread.

Sinitax wrote:

Hello ,

just wanted to note that miniMover doesn't always seem to detect the printer's com port when attached over USB.
Im running Linux and and the printer was showing up as /dev/ttyACM0 which is linked to COM33 on my wine config. However, miniMover was only able to communicate with the printer when the port was explicitly passed as an argument: 'wine miniMover.exe -po COM33 -s'

Not a huge issue, but it might be good to know that you can find the correctly mapped port with: ls -la <WINEPATH>/dosdevices

Thanks for the great tool smile

I have a similar issue, when I have an arduino plugged in the printer doesn't always grap ttyACM0.  I thought I'd be able to solved this with a udev command to give it a permanent name like xyzprinter, I have tried, but so far the miniMoverConsole will not accept anything but ttyACM0.

Anyone know if you can use udev rules to solve this?

Hi everyone, and thanks to david.tucker for this awesome project and to all for the commentshttp://soliforum.com/i/?iJE8ngZ.jpg!

I'm facing with temperature trouble. Although I set the temperature up (in CURA) at 190°, Minimower shows every time that temperature is 214/210.

Is it a visualization bug or Minimover can't control temperature?
Does someone has the same problem?

Which is the latest version of Minimover? I'm running v0.9.5.

Hi! I have an xyz printer jr 1.0 w, and I can't find a way to print with a slicer different from xyzprint.
I would like to print using Cura. I'm using this method: save the file obtained with Cura, open it with Notepad+, delete the first part of the code replacing it with the "start code" taken from this page and doing the same for the end of the code.
After the command Base64 Encode I save it like .3w.
Then opening the file with xyzprint it doesn't work sad((((
The error message is:
You do not have the appropriate material cartridge to print this file.
This is my e-mail: [email protected]
If someone is still following the forum please contact me.
Thanks in advance
Manuel

I am having the exact same issue as Captchaaa had on page 14 of the forum, minimover does not detect my minimaker com port.
It seems no matter what usb port I use, changing ports manually, restarting pc, or trying another pc resolves my issue, still the same result.
Has anyone else ecnountered this and/or know of a solution?
Using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

https://i.imgur.com/qz0KGAg.png

I'm getting an error no_casset how can I fix this

Many thanks to david.tucker for developing such useful utility. Using 0.96 beta to print with DaVinci 1.0 pro 3 in 1, works well.
It had been challenging to get printable gcode, but after many hours struggling I made it! The most challenging was to optimise the code for printing speeds, because the printer sets itself according to comments in the code. The working solution is to remove all the comments generated by slicer and into the header place following 3 lines:

; filename = Task.3w
; machine = daVinciAS10
; extruder = 1

Hello

miniMoverUI.exe (CRC32: 53667538) crash at startup on my Win7-64bit computer. Isthere anything I can do to find out why this happens?

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    miniMoverUI.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5c3177e9
  Fault Module Name:    miniMoverUI.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    5c3177e9
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0001c64a
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1053
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Thanks!

Hello all. I've been reading through this and everyone seems to be able to print with gcode using the mini mover, except me.

I have MiniMoverUI v0.9.5, and any gcode or .3w files I send with the MiniMover, signals the printer but nothing prints. The printer beeps and shows its busy while the file is transferred, but nothing prints and MiniMover freezes multiple times.  I have used the gcode header and footer for the XYZ printers.  I am using a XYZ Da Vinci Mini w+

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rbland wrote:

Hello all. I've been reading through this and everyone seems to be able to print with gcode using the mini mover, except me.

I have MiniMoverUI v0.9.5, and any gcode or .3w files I send with the MiniMover, signals the printer but nothing prints. The printer beeps and shows its busy while the file is transferred, but nothing prints and MiniMover freezes multiple times.  I have used the gcode header and footer for the XYZ printers.  I am using a XYZ Da Vinci Mini w+

How big is the file you are trying to print. This setup does not like large files.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
rbland wrote:

How big is the file you are trying to print. This setup does not like large files.

One gcode file I am trying to print is 1.36MB

363 (edited by carl_m1968 2019-12-09 19:22:59)

rbland wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
rbland wrote:

That could be the issue. Try a small file like the common 20mm calcube and see if it works.

The largest file I have printed on any machine is 31 hours and that file was 92KB.

1.36MB seems like a very large file or it has a lot of open area in it.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
rbland wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

That could be the issue. Try a small file like the common 20mm calcube and see if it works.

The largest file I have printed on any machine is 31 hours and that file was 92KB.

1.36MB seems like a very large file or it has a lot of open area in it.

The 1.36MB file would only take a few hours but I also tried the MiniMover with another file that would only take 30 mins to print. I think the issue has something to do with the gcode. When I imported the gcode (with the new XYZ heading) into XYZware, it states I do not have the correct filament and won't allow me to print.

What chance someone can take the knowledge here and turn it into something that would allow octaprint to integrate with our XYZ minis? does the octaprint plugin API provide for driver development in a way that would allow this?

I have just downloaded the 0.95 version and in the ui there is no option to print can anyone help me with this please

Minimaker owner since 2017
Using third party filament since August 2019

I download today and it works pretty well and didn't meet your problem. Have you connected to printer first?

The Mad Scientist wrote:

I have just downloaded the 0.95 version and in the ui there is no option to print can anyone help me with this please

Hi folks, if I go to GitHub it shows lots of file I have no idea how to make on windows. how do I make the exe from all this source code?
Thanks!

So this looks really cool, but I have no idea how to open the program...there is no .exe I double click. How do I open the script? How do I get that window you all have up? Please help...

ace192 wrote:

Hi folks, if I go to GitHub it shows lots of file I have no idea how to make on windows. how do I make the exe from all this source code?
Thanks!

You got to download the from the poster, which is a link right under his post. There are two files click download and put in the same folder you downloaded the git hub files.

Anybody got this working in MacOS? I can compile, but when I run the script nothing happens and there is also no output to the terminal...

Hi!

Probably this topic isn't the best place to put my question, but I didn't find better. New topic is useless for now.

So, the question. From where I can get the list of recognizable G-codes for different DaVinci printers, which this software will translate to 3w. A list with M-codes are welcome too.

Regards!

Can I please have a Mac version

try to print directly from Cura on mac, minimaker support Cura direct printing after firmware upgrade.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

carl_m1968 wrote:

Your SDcard in the printer is bad. Or your comment section in your file is too large.

Hello
I am using da Vinci nano with miniMover 0.96beta. The program is super.
I get the same message as user "alexis_martins_silva" (...error_sd_card) when I try to print the .gcode file created by KISSLICER v 1.6.3. My SD card is OK. The .gcode file is 500 KB.
Is the problem really with the size of the comments section? - if so, what can be safely removed from comments?
Maybe it's a bug in miniMover 0.96beta? - is it still possible to fix this error by the developer of the program?
greetings