Re: Taurino Power + RAMPS 1.4 Bundle install

I hav t changed any temps, just the thermistor to 1.

I appreciate everyone's help. I've been working on this for 2 weeks. Time to take my kid to see Star Wars now. Thanks again

Enjoy the Break!!

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Well, I updated the different firmware as requested. Changed the items also that I was told to. I get an error when uploading. It's kinda long so I threw it on me dropbox instead of posting it here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i15l02eom0cuo … r.rtf?dl=0

Seems to be something to do with Autoleveling...in Marlin, either try commenting out that section and see if it uploads, or download a fresh Marlin and just make the necessary changes to it.

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

IronMan wrote:

try commenting out that section and see if it upload.

That didnt work.

IronMan wrote:

.....download a fresh Marlin and just make the necessary changes to it.

Don't know enough about it to know what changes to make.

Here are the files...view the Readme first and follow the basic instructions. 

https://github.com/ozadr1an/Solidoodle- … in_v1_beta

Do what it says for Solidoodle 3
Also, change the Motherboard type to 33

The following step may be unnecessary, but do it for now as I'm not sure how they were originally stepping the Z driver.  Due to the higher helix Z rod on the Press, it's better to underdrive it for now until you get it to run.
For the press, on the following line:
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {88,88,2268,138}  // default steps per unit for Ultimaker {SD Patch}
Change the steps/mm for Z from 2268 to 400...

If you are using your original thermistors then nothing else should need to be changed and you can flash the board.

If it uploads and before you do any Homing, do only X first and be ready to manually depress the end stop switches yourself in case things are running in the opposite direction.  Then do Y only and then Z.  Be sure the Z probe is extended before homing and again, be ready to trip the switches yourself if things look like they're going to crash!

Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate

I do appreciate the help. The problem is probably ME! I had errors again. here is my configuration.h:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4kdt2dpogui8 … ion.h?dl=0

Can you describe your procedure to flash the firmware?

I open the marlin.ino (i think thats what its called. have also tried the configuration.h) check to see if my card is selected and the correct com port. then I hit upload.

Just checkin!

Some folks have had luck trying another computer...do you have that option?

That's how I got it to work the first time. I will try a 3rd computer tomorrow

I don't know. I've tried different computers, different cables, different usb ports, different marlin firmwares. I cant get it to upload without errors. I can't even get the regular Marlin that I did earlier in the week to upload. I would try the repetier, but I can't figure out all the questions it asks before you download it.

Is there another program I can use to upload firmware?

You're using the Arduino program currently to perform the upload, correct?

Yes. I just went back a few versions to see if that would work. I still get this error:

Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'void servo_init()':
Marlin_main.cpp:492: error: 'servos' was not declared in this scope
Marlin_main.cpp:492: error: 'servo_endstops' was not declared in this scope

So these error messages are appearing during the verification of the sketch in Arduino and it never makes it to the actual upload process, correct?

Thats what happens when I do the Verify. It errors differently when I try to upload. It's all greek to me.

actually, I guess its the same error

I don't really know what I'm reading, but does my firmware think I have a servo operating the probe? It doesn't.

I found the arduino-0022 version, and the Solidoodle 3 firmware that was suggested uploaded fine. Nothing will move, but it still uploaded. I suppose I will purchase a new power supply next.

Definitely need the new power supply...but it is still strange that nothing moves even with the heaters off...

Now that it's flashed, does your PC recognize the board as a device?  When you unplug and replug in the USB, does the PC acknowledge it?

Are you using Repetier Host or Soliprint?  You may want to try RH.

hopper_child wrote:

I don't really know what I'm reading, but does my firmware think I have a servo operating the probe? It doesn't.

You are correct in your train of thought...

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

IronMan wrote:

Definitely need the new power supply...but it is still strange that nothing moves even with the heaters off...

Now that it's flashed, does your PC recognize the board as a device?  When you unplug and replug in the USB, does the PC acknowledge it?

Are you using Repetier Host or Soliprint?  You may want to try RH.

It always recognized it when I plugged it in. Even before I flashed it. I am using RH. Right now, All I have connected is X motor, X stop, USB, and Power supply.

While you're waiting for a new power supply, try fully connecting up the board again and see if that makes any difference...

IronMan wrote:

While you're waiting for a new power supply, try fully connecting up the board again and see if that makes any difference...

They all seem to groan like they don't have any power. The extruder doesn't heat up anymore tho.