Re: Taurino Power + RAMPS 1.4 Bundle install

hopper_child wrote:

the stepper drivers were already installed when i got it.

Well you still should power off the board completely and look under one of the drivers to make sure there are three jumpers installed under it. Just trying to cut down on issues.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Ok, do they just pull off?

hopper_child wrote:

Ok, do they just pull off?

They are in sockets. Just pull straight up. Careful not to bend the leads though.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

yes, the jumpers are installed.

I have a stupid question. I have the Solidoodle press Marlin firmware. I've noticed that some things are different. Can I change the board type to 33 and try that? Would that help anything or is that a bad idea?

56 (edited by hopper_child 2015-12-17 13:36:21)

It's not my power supply is it? It seems that there just isn't enough power to the motors. I did get my bed to work also by change the Thermistor type. The extrude motor does work until the filament gets to the nozzle. I'm going to check to see if it's clogged.

It's not clogged. I can easily push filament through it by hand.

Here's my power supplyhttp://soliforum.com/i/?AcxOFSB.jpg

If that Power Supply ran the printer OK before the switchover to RAMPS, then it's unlikely to be a problem now.

Can you post a pic of your RAMPS all wired up?

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Not very neat at this point.http://soliforum.com/i/?yjlODoP.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?0TPti9h.jpg

Don't have a press myself; where are the end stop switch locations on the machine?

Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate

http://soliforum.com/i/?RznS0s0.jpg

Most everything looks OK, and although it might not help with your immediate extruder issue, it seems that the X and Y endstop wire plugs are misplaced.  The first, third, and fifth set of pins are generally for MIN, so try moving them over.  Z Probe (MIN) seems to be in the right spot.

Do the heat bed and the hot end come to proper heat?

http://soliforum.com/i/?U5N8AcE.png

Yes, they heat up. I tried the stops in tose locations, but didnt change anything. I will change them back

That didn't change anything. My press had a power button. could that have anything to do with it? I cant find a spot for it on this board

You said the extruder works until the filament gets to the hot end...if you try to extrude, does the motor still turn and just grind the filament?

Ya. It seems to work. I did get it to squeeze some filament out, but towards the end it would start grinding.

Revisit that later...

Can you jump back on Chat for a few?

ok

Never mind...I'll need to jump into a meeting (darn Day Job)...

in the meantime; I assume you've adjusted the vrefs as suggested earlier...can you move the X, Y and Z axes using the manual controls on the PC?

No, I can't move them manually. When I do, the led on board starts to blink, and they make that quiet buzz. I did notice that if I push the z-probe button manually it disconnects the printer from the computer.

Typing covertly on iPhone now smile...

Try hitting the X and Y switches to see if they also cause a disconnect... Then try reversing the 3 wire plugs at the board and see if they continue to disconnect you when you press them.

71 (edited by hopper_child 2015-12-17 16:33:28)

Real Jobs suck. Please don't get yourself in a spot. The other switches did not. Reversing the probe fixed it disconnecting.

The motors sound like they are trying. But it is random that they work (make that quiet whine or buzz). Even the extuder motor only works sometimes.

So you really need to focus in adjusting those vref pots now to make sure the motors are getting enough power.

I've tried them in every position.

http://soliforum.com/i/?oNXQVHI.jpg

That's the ones, turn them all the way clockwise and leave them there until you get things moving.  Then we can help you tune them.  That will eliminate the possibility of them not getting enough power.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

When they are all the way clockwise, I can get them to do a slight clicking...sometimes