Re: Taurino Power + RAMPS 1.4 Bundle install

http://soliforum.com/i/?RxGtSLx.jpg

And in the Arduino program, you're set to Com4 in Tools / Serial Port?

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

I think so

http://soliforum.com/i/?kkWRRQx.jpg

Very strange...a stock Marlin profile (with MB 33 selected in configuration.h) should upload seamlessly...

Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate

mb33? how do I know I have that?

When you open the Marlin.pde file in Arduino, you should see a bunch of tabs across the top:  Marlin, BlinkM...stuff like that.  One of the tabs is configuration.h...click on that and scroll down slightly to #define MOTHERBOARD and it should have a following number (33 in your case).

Save the sketch and try to upload.

this?

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_13_EFB
#endif

That's the one and it is correct...this version of Marlin is slightly different than mine.

Darn, I thought I found something.

Can you jump on Chat for a few min?

sure, if I can figure out how

OK, try this...disconnect the USB and the power supply plug (do that first), then unplug ALL connectors to the printer.
Then put just the USB back and try the upload...

that didnt work either

Try switching your USB cable

I'm just thinking out loud, but do I need to place a jumper anywhere?

I never had to...

I just got it to upload on a different computer. I noticed in device manager it installed it as a teensy usb instead of the other. don't know why.

Cool!  Look forward to your next post!

hooked it back up to the other computer, and the extruder will heat up. Thats it. I can here a very quiet hum coming from the motors. I wonder if they are wired diferent on the press.

45 (edited by IronMan 2015-12-16 20:48:37)

You may wish to loosen and remove the drive belts prior to trying to move anything to avoid crashes.  This way, you can at least verify that the pulleys are driving in the right direction when you hit "Home" for a particular axis, and then hit your end stop switch manually to make sure they are working correctly before hooking the belts back up.

EDIT:  You will most likely need to adjust the vrefs on the stepper driver chips for the motors in concert with what is described above.  The vref is the tiny trim pot on each individual stepper driver.  Try to jog an axis for 100mm or so, and then with a non-conductive screwdriver, adjust the pot until the motor runs smoothly and strong without whining.

The Extruder motor works. It doesnt seem to have enogh power to push filament through. either that, or the extruder isnt really 230 C

47 (edited by IronMan 2015-12-16 21:05:24)

EDIT: Is ANY plastic oozing from the nozzle at 230?  Can you push the filament and extrude by hand if you take pressure off of the idler bearing?

How about the heat bed?

I can tell its heating up. I can smell it and feel the heat. No, the bed wasn't working. The motors make a very low hmm, almost quiet. When I adjust the screw, I can change the hmm into a clicking. It's almost like there isnt enough power. I'm still using the press motors BTW.

hopper_child wrote:

I can tell its heating up. I can smell it and feel the heat. No, the bed wasn't working. The motors make a very low hmm, almost quiet. When I adjust the screw, I can change the hmm into a clicking. It's almost like there isnt enough power. I'm still using the press motors BTW.

Can you post a pic of your connections to the board? Also did you install all the jumpers under each stepper driver?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

the stepper drivers were already installed when i got it.