Re: XYZ Firmware Flash Tool [Downgrade daVinci to any older Firmware]

outra pergunta como consigo o dump da impressora davinci jr 1.0 pro wifi?

Without atmel dump from davinci jr 1.0 pro w it is not possible at the moment.
They use different AES en/decryption key.

To extract atmel dump from the PCB is a bit tricky at the moment, there is only one way to use the JTAG (SWD) hardware.

Another way could be the 4MB external SPI Flash on PCB. If you can read out this chip and send me the dump, I can extract the proper atmel dump.

eu não tenho a jr 1.0 pro estou atras de uma para comprar se eu conseguir eu mando uma copia do chip para você.
tentei ler o firmware mais e impossuível de entender sem ter o copilador original.
uma coisa que notei nos firmware das impressoras da serie davinci jr e que todos são iguais muda pouca coisa de um modelo para o outro.

você esta usando qual programa para descompilar o firmware?

IDA Pro

modfreakz

obrigado por compartilhar seus conhecimentos.

uma pergunta. e possível que a " ferramenta Flash de firmware XYZ "  faca a instalação for firmware sem checar a versão que já esta na impressora. se for possível podemos trocar os firmware entre os modelos. possibilitando instalar um firmware que não seja do modelo que esta em teste.

binwalk  para descompilar o firmware

A big update and lots of new features!

Now the program has three modes [Offline]  [Online]  [BOSSA Recovery]

Offline Mode:
Load original encrypted Firmware files to Update/Downgrade.

Online Mode:
Choose compatible Firmware version for connected 3D Printer to Update/Downgrade.
Also let you download the Firmware files to local drive.

BOSSA Recovery:
In this mode you can upload any Atmel dump or Repetier firmware to the SAM3/SAM4 flash chip.

This printers have full downgrade support at the moment, others are partial possible.

- dv1MW0A000   daVinci Mini w
- dv1MW0B000   daVinci Mini wA
- dv1MX0A000   daVinci Mini Maker
- dv1MW0C000   daVinci Mini w+
- dv1J00A000   daVinci Jr. 1.0
- dv1JW0A000   daVinci Jr. 1.0 w
- dvF200A000   daVinci 2.0A Duo

http://soliforum.com/i/?DxI2tmt.png
http://soliforum.com/i/?IAenjY1.png

Download Link on fist page!

XYZ Firmware Flash Tool - Version History
----------------------------------------------------
(v1.60)
- Add support to update old 3D printers (SAM3 based)
- Add new online firmware update mode
- Add BOSSA recovery/flash mode (for Atmel dumps or Repetier firmware)

modfreakz wrote:
A big update and lots of new features!

Great work!
Thank you for the AES keys and FTP with firmware ;-)

modfreakz

parabens meu amigo. ficou excelente seu trabalho...

Barnes and Noble sold me a da vinci jr 1.0w that turned out to be a demo. The firmware version shows as D.E.7. It prints ok but I would like to try other firmware versions and maybe get it working with Cura.

I tried updating the firmware with your tool. The tool says "upgrade successful" but the printer says upgrade failed. Same behavior on multiple firmware versions. Any advice?

Hi, are you sure it is "davinci jr 1.0w" ??

could you please post photos of the printer, mainboard and screenshot of the program?

modfreakz wrote:

could you please post photos of the printer, mainboard and screenshot of the program?

I am sure. The serial label on the back confirms it is davinci jr 1.0w. Are these photos what you need?

https://imgur.com/gallery/LC1b7TU

If by 'mainboard' you mean you want me to take it apart and photograph the computer inside I can do that tomorrow.

Thanks!

modfreakz wrote:

And here is a screenshot of XYZPrint.

https://imgur.com/gallery/F7QrvH7

The Update button (I think that is for updating the firmware) is greyed out.

Hi, thank you! Yes please one photo of the mainboard/pcb of the printer (open on the back side).
And one screenshot, my program (XYZ Firmware Flash Tool) connected to the printer.

Hi, first of all...thank you for doing all this for us.
Unfortunately it didn't work for me.
I have davinci 1.0A (https://i.imgur.com/fHiXTun.jpg)
I've downloaded newest version v1.6 and connect printer. (https://i.imgur.com/LwB27IN.png)
Program recognized my printer and fw version 1.0.6 (https://i.imgur.com/iggEflO.jpg)
I choose to downgrade to version 1.0.3...click on "Online" tab, choose version, click on "Downgrade Firmware".
Program started working...heard "beep" sound and massage pops up: "Updating" on printer. (forgot to take picture of that)
After cca 10 seconds, printer makes another "beep" sound and the program gives massage "Update completed successfully !!" (https://i.imgur.com/YOh7wLx.png)
But printer said "Updating fail" and he still have fw 1.0.6(https://i.imgur.com/dDvvXqc.jpg)

After that I've tried same proces in "Offline" mode but when I load the firmware file the button for downgrading is grey and won't allows me to click on it.
I also tried to downgrade on version 1.0.5 but still same problem.
Am I doing something wrong?
Please help me...thank you in advance.

Hi!

this is first generation printer. not tested personally.

Please try to use the online mode and Upgrade button. (also if you like to downgrade)

let me know if something change.

Hi buddy!

Nice work.. I've been using my Davinci Jr 1.0w since 2017 and tried many stuffs to cheat it like Emutag etc.... All of that I got here at solidforum...

So I have my printer at 2.2.9 version and thinking about to upgrade, but still afraid that my stick tags stops to work... do you know if it could happen?

When I try to connect to my printer, on the Flashtool 1.6 at COM3(printer connected there), it stuck for seconds and release, and nothing happens... if i try COM4 (the printer is not in that COM) it shows connecting blinking forever...

Could you help me with this?

Tks!!!

Are you sure this is the correct COM port? go to the device manager and check it.

120 (edited by luckyearl 2020-03-31 06:23:09)

modfreakz wrote:

Hi!

this is first generation printer. not tested personally.

Please try to use the online mode and Upgrade button. (also if you like to downgrade)

let me know if something change.

Hi Modfreakz, similar 1.0A, firmware 1.0.6, tried to flash 1.0.3, also 1.0.5 (both upgrade/ downgrade). would not work

Any suggestions
Thank you

Dear modfreakz, I have followed your thread carefully and it looks great, but I have the problem that my firmware is version 2.4.9, you could update your program, you would do me a great favor.

By the way, to avoid future updates, is it recommended to block with firewaal from windows, access to the xyzprinting web?

Thank you very much for all your effort.

@Tuxeker: what type of printer do you have? For better support please send photo of the tool  with connected printer.

@luckyearl: Could you please make photo of your mainboard pcb? I will also check the flashing routine.

Tks for the reply modfreakz! Yes it's COM3, and it's not working until I read the posts after mine and one guy asked if there's some need to block firewall....When i blocked my norton antivirus it worked!Now i'm with the last version, let's see if things going good...

It worked perfectly but my tags weren't recognized... Do you know what is the latest firmware version that supports writeable paper tags?

Thank's for the help!

modfreakz wrote:

@luckyearl: Could you please make photo of your mainboard pcb? I will also check the flashing routine.

Hi this is the PCB 1.0A
Thank you

Post's attachments

1.jpg
1.jpg 1022.12 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2.jpg 961.08 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hello, i have the same question like Ieopec, all of the new firmwares can read the paper nfc tags? I can update mi printer to the latest vercion?