Re: XYZ Firmware Flash Tool [Downgrade daVinci to any older Firmware]

I found on my 1.0a that running 1.06 does not let me change to 1.03 or 1.05
upgrade to 2.0 and than down to 1.03 works

Hello

I downgraded from 1.3.9 to 1.2.9! My existing original reels aren't not accepted anymore by the "da Vinci mini w", all have error 020A!

Then I tried to upgrade again to my original 1.3.3 an later to 1.3.9. Same Issue, my reels aren't accept anymore. The only solution was to replace the NFC of an original Reel by a New Chip. Very frustrating. Now I know how to workaround, I want to find the best firmware for my printer (with the less errors as possible)

Modfreakz has publicized his Version History of the Flasher Software which goes to 1.6.0, superb!

I think more important should also be an Version History of the Firmware for the 3D Printer. For my Printer I see a list from 1.0.4 to 1.3.7. Official is the 1.3.9. It would be interesting to know the changes of each Firmware Version. I ask XYZPrinting, but never received an answer.

The most important reason is not the use of new NFC Chips but I want to reduce my errors 0061. With the 1.3.9, nearly every second print gives an error 0061. XYZPrinting advised me to change the Mainboard (Out of Warranty), which is a NoGo. With my 1.3.3 I never had error 0061 :-(

Gerard

128 (edited by GerardDirks 2020-06-09 09:40:37)

Hello

I have some issue with the downgrade/upgrade!

1) WLAN
When I downgrade to 1.2.9, I no longer have a WLAN, although the parameter for the WLAN is present and the message appears that the WLAN is connected correctly

When I further downgrade the Firmware to 1.1.9 the WLAN is available again ?!?

2) TAGS
after every change of the firmware my TAG isn't valid any more and I need to take a new TAG :-(

At last I recognized that some Paperchip TAGS generated by Modfreakz are blocked by XYZPrinting?
http://soliforum.com/i/?sgwcG8a.png

I'm desperate because of these problems. I only want to print without error 0061 and therefore I will tried to downgrade to a version which works and which has WLAN. 1.2.9 hasn't WLAN (or it is buggy)

Brilliant, Thanks mate I can now reset filament tags

130 (edited by tlogan23 2020-07-13 15:37:25)

I am trying to  downgrade my 1.0a.

The older version 1.70 of the firmware flash tool would fault when I tried the recovery. The new 1.72 doesn't. So I can now connect to my 1.0a. It says my MCU type is ATSAM3x8 version 1.1 on BOSSA com port 13.

It starts flashing and says it's done. But when I restart my 1.0a I still have the 2 black bars.

I've attached the screen shot.

Any ideas other than my 1.0a is bricked. :-) - TIA tim

Additional, I did try different firmware versions with the same results.

Post's attachments

XYZ_Firmware_Flash_Tool_Screenshot.png 14.15 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

My Minimaker is showing FW fingerprint dv1MX0B000 1.1.4 Which is not a Minimaker?
I do not know how this happened as I only use the XYZ software.
It will not detect new firmware and I do not appear to be able to downgrade etc.

How can I get it back on minimaker firmware?

Thanks in advance.

You can send the PCB to us or you can try this:

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17845/do … rmininano/

This will allow you to crossflash to any Minimaker model e.g: dv1MX0A000

Hello,

I wonder if someone try to flash davinci super motherboard.

I have a dead one. ( After extruder shortcut)
http://soliforum.com/i/?1d3xpyR.jpg

Can some one help?

Thanks in advance
Regards.

@modfreak
http://www.soliforum.com/user/17913/

I was hoping this would be a sweet solution to downgrade the firmware.

I just tried to downgrade the firmware from 1.41 to 1.40 on a DaVinci Pro 1.0. When it connected, it recognized the version as 1.41.

The program said it worked fine but the display on the printer said it failed and it stayed 1.41.

Too bad.

-Ross

Hi,

I need the Atmel dump from daVinci Pro 1.0 (dvF1W0A000) to make full downgrade support.

@modfreakz

Is there a way I can provide this from my stock Davinci pro?

Regards,
-R

Only possible if you have "J-Link" or similar JTAG/SWD device.

Presumably, access to the JTAG connector on the controller as well so some teardown of the chassis to gain access.

I Don't have one of these handy.

I can send you such device, you have only to solder or connect it, read out the firmware and send back.
Do you dare to do that?

Does this work with XYZ Colour?

I think not, but you can try.

If I need to downgrade my Mini W 1.3.9 to XYZprint 1.3.0 + firmware 1.3.1 to get paper tags working will this break the original nfc spools with filament left on them

It seems the links to the firmware downgrader are offline(hidrive gives me an empty page). Can anyone who still has them please reupload them?

hi

i have downlod all the zip files for the xyz printer.

A password is requested when extracting the ZIP file.

can you help me ?

My da Vinci miniMaker reports as firmware fingerprint dv1MX0B000 (instead of dv1MX0A000) and cannot be upgraded past firmware 1.1.4. XYZprint reports 1.1.4 as the most recent for this printer. It CAN use third-party filaments.

Through some (rather unhelpful) discussion with XYZ support, it seems there are two different printer being sold as "da Vinci miniMaker"

• dv1MX0A000 - latest firmware 1.2.4 - can NOT use third-party filaments according to support

• dv1MX0B000 - latest firmware 1.1.4 - CAN use third-party filaments according to support

According to XYZ support, both variants should support Cura 4.0, but it seems my variant actually does not - at least I haven't seen it work. (Either in 4.0 or more recent versions of Cura.) My efforts to upgrade to 1.2.4 are in order to get Cura to work. No luck so far!

XYZ firmware flash tool reports that there are newer firmware to apply (1.1.5, 1.18, 1.2.4) but none of them can be flashed successfully.

Not sure for who this information is helpful, but here it is smile

Thanks for your hard work modfreakz and associates!

146 (edited by modfreakz 2022-01-08 15:35:07)

Hi!

it is while ago, but if I remember well, it's possible to convert (cross flash) the dv1MX0B000 to dv1MX0A000.

First you have to flash v1.1.5 then v1.2.4. (after flashing 1.2.4 your printer will be recognized as dv1MX0A000).

Sorry about the v1.1.8, I have wrong managed files. (its not for this printers)

modfreakz wrote:

Hi!

it is while ago, but if I remember well, it's possible to convert (cross flash) the dv1MX0B000 to dv1MX0A000.

First you have to flash v1.1.5 then v1.2.4. (after flashing 1.2.4 your printer will be recognized as dv1MX0A000).

Sorry about the v1.1.8, I have wrong managed files. (its not for this printers)

So it's the same exact same motherboard in both A and B... and the reason why the Minimaker doesn't support cura is because XYZ wants their customers to either be locked in by hardware (NFC Filament) or software (XYZPrint).

This sucks.

Is there any hope in someone with a m uch bigger brain than me cracking the NFC requirement on the A version firmware or do we have to get a quantum computer to crack some encryption first?

New Update is out!

Visit the first page.

XYZ Firmware Flash Tool - Version History
---------------------------------------------------------
(v1.90)
- Add support for all known firmware Januar 2022
- Add full downgrade support for "daVinci 1.0 AiO"
- Add full downgrade support for "daVinci 1.0 Pro"
- Changed COM-Port detection and appearance for more read comfort
- Fixed bugs and optimized the automatic program update function

149 (edited by PeaBass 2022-02-16 23:43:14)

Hello, I don't know why but it won't even let me try, am I doing something wrong? I tried with version 1.8 and 1.9 but it does not enable the buttons.

Post's attachments

001.jpg 42 kb, 2 downloads since 2022-02-16 

002.jpg 36.55 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

150 (edited by modfreakz 2022-02-18 17:45:57)

Ups! that could be my fault.

try to press on the Offline|Online tabs, it will enable it.

I will check it.