Re: XYZ Firmware Flash Tool [Downgrade daVinci to any older Firmware]

kithmo wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

If you got the file from Soliforum then it should be safe and is just a false flag. If you got the file from some place else it could be infected.

I got it from the link in the post above, should that one be ok ?

That one should be Ok, it is probably just a false flag.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Hello
I have tried on nano but every time it turnes back on last version 1.1.1
Nice job by the way, hope it can work for me.

Da Vinci mini maker version 1.1.8 tryed it on mine. Sadly did not work still on 1.1.8 sad

jor19_ wrote:

Hello again,

After the last firmware update of my DaVinci miniW to 1.3.1, all my filaments were displaying an error "filament serial number was temporarily suspended". I thought from the beggining that the issue was due to the firmware update, but I was wrong, the rule was injected by the software XYZprint 1.3.2.

I was trying to find in the web the old version XYZprint 1.3.0 without success.. but using the Windows restore point I rollbacked the version and now all is working fine again.

Then using XYZprint 1.3.0 + firmware 1.3.1 I'm able to use again ReelTool app and use all my filaments.

I hope this helps to someone else with the same problem.

If someone post from where we can download XYZprint 1.3.0 will be great. smile

Thanks

Thanks for this one jor19_, I'm now back on other filament. I initially thought I had inadvertently updated my firmware but it turned out to be the XYZprint software update that had stopped mine working with the NFC stickers. And thanks to Outbreak for the link to XYZprint 1.3.0.
I'm now a happy chappie big_smile

Hello,
thank you for the hard work done.
my concern is that I injected into my Da Vinci Mini W:
dv1MW0A000 + 1.2.3.bin
dv1MW0A000 + 1.2.3_Atmel_dump.bin
dv1MW0A000 + 1.2.2_SPI_dump.bin
with XYZ_Firmware_Converter the original xyzprinting thread is not recognized, let alone the TAG213 written by retool.
I tried all versions of the 3 categories (atmel dump.bin spi dump.bin, .bin)
I realized that serial number was bad so with XYZ_Firmware_Converter I recorded a file atmel_dump with my serial number, it worked but the wire is still not recognized and whether for good or bad.
thanking you again for this pharaonic work

prusa CTC i3 modifié, prusa i2 DYI, Da Vinci MINI W

based toulouse, FRANCE

I forgot to mention that I'm French and that google-trad is my friend

prusa CTC i3 modifié, prusa i2 DYI, Da Vinci MINI W

based toulouse, FRANCE

Any chance of an update for the latest firmwares.  Just getting this sorted with Linux but thought it would be a good idea to put the Davinci Jr W on the WIFI.  Now my prints made via minimover no longer print.

XYZ suite updated the firmware to 2.4.6 I wasn't given a choice.  New I should never have hooked it up to windows.

Using the flasher it connects but does not show a printer finger print / Firmware version.

This tool sound brilliant.  Thank you so much for all the hard work you have done.

58 (edited by QBall1977 2019-08-06 01:20:07)

Please ignore my last post.  I'm not entirely sure what state the printer was in XYZWare declared it was offline / busy.  In the end I setup my phone as a hotspot, connected my laptop to this, then the printer to the laptop.  Changed the WIFI settings of the printer (and then disconnected).

Killed EVERYTHING XYZ that was running, ran Firmware flasher again and downgraded to 2.3.4 and now I can convert and print using minimover with custom filament!  Thank you all so much.

For anyone else reading this, if you run the tool and it does not list the printer current firmware check all the things I have mentioned and try again.  It will work.

Now I just need to dial in the settings.

Happy printing.

Hi. First at all, thank you for your work, I think it is very useful. My problem is that I updated (unconciously) the firmware of my DaVinci mini w (printer fingerprint dv1MW0A000) to version 1.3.3. I tried to downgrade to v. 1.2.9 and the result of the program was Ok, firmware updated. But the firmware has not been downgraded, it didn't work. Any clue to solve this problem? Would you try to update the program to take into acount the version 1.3.3?

Thank you,

60 (edited by vervv92 2019-08-16 02:48:24)

Hello!
I've been desperately trying to downgrade my printer (dv1J00A000) from 2.4.7 to...literally any other version.
When I try the firmware flasher, it says "successful" but the printer says "updating failed."
Is this because the program isn't updated for 2.4.7?

Thank you for all that you do, btw. I'm one step away from going crazy here and this thread gives me hope.

61 (edited by modfreakz 2019-08-19 19:24:35)

give me few days, i will update the program and you can give another try.

EDIT: Updated the fist page.

XYZ Firmware Flasher - Version History
------------------------------------------------------
(v1.40)
- Add support all known firmware August 2019

You are a godsend, thank you so much for putting your time into this.

63 (edited by isaryk 2019-08-22 20:44:00)

Dear 3d printers colleagues.
As an active jerk I installed in my Junior 3in1 fw version 1.2.0, but since then it does not read my paper tags, just the original. I tried to load an older firmware with flasher 1.40 (yes, downgrade pressed smile ), but Flasher says ok and Printer says FAIL.
FW verison stay the same.
Do you have any advice, please?

Thank you in advance and have a great day.

Vaclav

UPDATE: I noticed that when I set the paper tag to length of 200m, the printer has no problem with that, but anything over is identified as wrong. I'll try to use it.

Regards

Vaclav

So what exactly are the benefits to downgrading the firmware? I own a mini w and I was just curious.

I have the same problem, but I no longer read any paper tags.
Unfortunately I was unable to downgrade, but I was able to upgrade (making it worse).

Thank you for all your efforts, as well as all those on this forum who made using 3rd party filament possible. IT's been a good run so far.

I've spent the last 3 days reinstalling Windows and all my software.  Not thinking, and being in a rush I updated the firmware on my Da Vinci Jr. 1.0 to 2.4.7 and can't use paper tags anymore.  I've already tried the Firmware Flasher 1.40 with version 2.4.4 and it says updated successfully, but the printer says it failed.

Are we expecting another update to get around this, or am I missing a step, or should I use this as an excuse to buy a new printer?

67 (edited by guus46a 2019-09-01 21:31:57)

I have tried the new firmware flasher on the da vinci nano and it flashes fine. But my problem now is that after flashing, it doesn't see my filament anymore. This is for tag and original the same. Someone any ideas?
At last i tried version dv1NX0A000+1.1.3 and now i can not go back anymore to a lower version and still no filament found.
Is it possible to enable firewall for xyzprint and try to update the firmware to get original filament working  or am i getting in more throuble?

68 (edited by NL MrWolfe NL 2019-09-01 12:28:41)

bgreganti wrote:

Thank you for all your efforts, as well as all those on this forum who made using 3rd party filament possible. IT's been a good run so far.

I've spent the last 3 days reinstalling Windows and all my software.  Not thinking, and being in a rush I updated the firmware on my Da Vinci Jr. 1.0 to 2.4.7 and can't use paper tags anymore.  I've already tried the Firmware Flasher 1.40 with version 2.4.4 and it says updated successfully, but the printer says it failed.

Are we expecting another update to get around this, or am I missing a step, or should I use this as an excuse to buy a new printer?

Same here but not flashed by me, my son wanted to show his friends what this 3d printer
Can, he started xyzprint and got a messege upgrade firmware and he clicked yes:(

Now no paper tags usage possible tried everything nothing helps, flasher says flashing done printer says upgrade failed.

The strange thing is when i open xyzprint the open a new project and let it build then xyzprint sees and reads the papertags if you press print printer says unidentified spool and stops printin

Hopefully there will be a fix soon

Maybe a stupid idea but is there no way to change the version number from version 2.20 to 2.4.8
So that the accepts it is being an official upgrade? And flashes 2.20 for instance??

NL MrWolfe NL wrote:
bgreganti wrote:

Same here but not flashed by me, my son wanted to show his friends what this 3d printer
Can, he started xyzprint and got a messege upgrade firmware and he clicked yes:(

Now no paper tags usage possible tried everything nothing helps, flasher says flashing done printer says upgrade failed.

The strange thing is when i open xyzprint the open a new project and let it build then xyzprint sees and reads the papertags if you press print printer says unidentified spool and stops printin

Maybe a stupid idea but is there no way to change the version number from version 2.20 to 2.4.8
So that the accepts it is being an official upgrade? And flashes 2.20 for instance??

On the older 1.0 you could name a newer firmware to an older official name and it would work. I doubt however it would work any more. XYZ is getting pretty fast at plugging holes in their money making garbage.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
NL MrWolfe NL wrote:
bgreganti wrote:

On the older 1.0 you could name a newer firmware to an older official name and it would work. I doubt however it would work any more. XYZ is getting pretty fast at plugging holes in their money making garbage.

well that doesnt work anymore;)

hopefully modfreaks finds out a solution anytime soon hehe;)

only way at the moment is to erase the Atmel flash and reprogram with BOSSA program + Atmel dump.

for more info look here:
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17845/do … rmininano/

modfreakz wrote:

only way at the moment is to erase the Atmel flash and reprogram with BOSSA program + Atmel dump.

for more info look here:
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17845/do … rmininano/

Looks very risky if i read some replies, or is this easy done??

When i read the flashing method with bossa, i see that the microcontroller is sam 4e8e. But in nano sits sam 4s8c, should this be a problem?
And where can i erase the firmware?

Post's attachments

IMG_20190905_211036.jpg
IMG_20190905_211036.jpg 3.22 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

@ NL MrWolfe NL

Yes. But you have to make sure you have compatible Atmel dump for your printer.

@ guus46a

there is no Nano Atmel dump available at the moment.

75 (edited by guus46a 2019-09-06 22:38:51)

modfreakz wrote:

@ NL MrWolfe NL

Yes. But you have to make sure you have compatible Atmel dump for your printer.

@ guus46a

there is no Nano Atmel dump available at the moment.

So now i have a pricey paperweight