Re: Introducing Three New Solidoodle Models

I have a large pinch of salt on standby smile what's worse is that I'm in the UK; if I see it before Christmas I'll be happy

they told on facebook that first shippment will be late september i ordered on the 8th so hoping first week in oct.

selkess wrote:

they told on facebook that first shippment will be late september i ordered on the 8th so hoping first week in oct.

We should be making a big announcement when printers begin shipping. It wont be ambiguous.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

Press filaments are available smile

http://www.solidoodle.com/filament/press-filament-abs

solijohn wrote:
selkess wrote:

We should be making a big announcement when printers begin shipping. It wont be ambiguous.

dont be teasing like that... give us some idea :-)

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

milks wrote:

Press filaments are available smile

http://www.solidoodle.com/filament/press-filament-abs

10 colors ABS more than b4

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

if anyone gets any of the new printers please start a topic on the model you get so we can see more pics and info not released by SD still. no details on extruders or pics of rear or left side of any of the 3 yet. I am most interested in the Apprentice.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri wrote:

if anyone gets any of the new printers please start a topic on the model you get so we can see more pics and info not released by SD still. no details on extruders or pics of rear or left side of any of the 3 yet. I am most interested in the Apprentice.

I'm likely one of the first Workbench orders (26148) but we're still a couple of weeks out from the start of the 6-8 week window.  I'm going to do my very best to not ride them for status in two weeks since I've yet to see a 3D printer launch proceed in anything approaching an on-time fashion.

Boots Industries v2.5 Delta
Robo 3D with Pico Hot End, ViKi LCD, OctoPi, EZStruder, Precision Rods, Extended Z Height

n2ri wrote:

That said, if I get mine before someone posts something, I'll be happy to do so.

Boots Industries v2.5 Delta
Robo 3D with Pico Hot End, ViKi LCD, OctoPi, EZStruder, Precision Rods, Extended Z Height

185 (edited by wire10ga 2014-09-03 11:57:12)

leonmf wrote:

I'm likely one of the first Workbench orders (26148)

Think I may be ahead of you Order # 25898 for my WorkBench

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

n2ri wrote:

I'll do a youtube video of it when I get mine.

Order 27384 for the Press, no hope for me lol.

I'm just wishing it will show up for my birthday, in late October. But I don't think so.

Solidoodle Press (waiting for it)

Stigern wrote:

Order 27384 for the Press, no hope for me lol.

I'm just wishing it will show up for my birthday, in late October. But I don't think so.

They're supposed to start shipping late September.

Well, if their order number is for continuous, There is even a long time to get the machine,, 14-08 27476 unless there is 20 peoble and assembling machinery:-)

TommyF wrote:

Well, if their order number is for continuous, There is even a long time to get the machine,, 14-08 27476 unless there is 20 peoble and assembling machinery:-)

They are not continuous.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

Pyhhhhh, :-)   but anyway,, i am sure its worth wating for, gonna be fun to have it home...

I know that its preorder sales still. but somthing new to show us buyers   There is only one tiny video of the new printer in the whole internet that showing the press printer just a fue seconds tongue
just 1 new picture and im happy.

the ad: picture of a printer.
Text:   buy this printer its realy good.
ok i buy it  now what smile

193 (edited by wire10ga 2014-09-05 14:25:04)

selkess wrote:

ok i buy it  now what smile

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=654.0;attach=1985

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

LOL dont think thats the picture he had in mind

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Gr02jd19mOU/Ti-lQFEdCCI/AAAAAAAAJf4/6lbDwgRHGmU/s320/Waiting...%2BWeds%2B2.jpg

196 (edited by TommyF 2014-09-06 21:45:28)

If they haven any finish machine they cant post picture, the one in the video might be a one of the kind and dismantle again :-)

you guys are like a bunch of kids waiting for Christmas morning to come so they can unpack and play with the newest toy.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

You ALMOST make that sound like a bad thing.    You know what they say about men and boys and price of their toys.....

SD3, RAMPS 1.4, Lawsy's carriages modified by me, 2 SSRs, E3D V6, 2 Power supplies, Independent monitoring of both power supplies (amps and volts) also extruder and bed temps, Blue Tooth connectivity, bearings in all axis & rotational points, Y axis direct drive.  Remotely controlled power box on / off . Gecko Tec build plate . Renamed FrankenDoodle

Of course you excited, or no reason to spend the money on it:-)

But SD could do it on the order page to update more, for example in my sitiuation is still 'in production' since the day I ordered it, which could for example be 'waiting list' next 'in production' next 'packing, dispatch', apparently give more info on the same page.
Just an idea.

good point  2 month delivery is realy hard  smile