Re: Introducing Three New Solidoodle Models

any update on projected delivery times? is the original 6-8 weeks from order still standing?

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

Little surprised they haven't posted any new images of the new printers by now. Or any new functionally video's for that matter.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

selkess wrote:

good point  2 month delivery is realy hard  smile

Remember, its pre ordre,, thats meen, waiting time could be 8 weeks, before one's ordre even comes into produktion waiting list i guess.

so delivery time of about march next year lol?

Dont now, just a guess, i think SD get alot of ordre in, and that must be good  :-)
But i rather wait to get a good working machine that get in now and not develop finish.

TommyF wrote:

Dont now, just a guess, i think SD get alot of ordre in, and that must be good  :-)
But i rather wait to get a good working machine that get in now and not develop finish.

Trust me, after having received a Robo3D that was just barely functional and that I have about $900 in mods on (on a $600 printer), I'd rather they do everything right than ship a mostly complete product.  That said, if they were actually going to ship by the end of next week (6 weeks) I would have expected a few promo photos of actual products, an announcement of expected shipping start dates, teaser videos, etc.

So far, @Solijohn has answered some of our questions and kept us impatiently at bay but, at this point, I certainly don't expect to receive a shipping notice next Friday.

Boots Industries v2.5 Delta
Robo 3D with Pico Hot End, ViKi LCD, OctoPi, EZStruder, Precision Rods, Extended Z Height

Op will surely deliver soon?

Op will surely deliver soon?

This is what Frank from Solidoodle told me when I asked why 6-8 weeks haven't changed:

For anyone who orders a Press there will be a 6 - 8 week lead time before it ships.

You placed your order on August 13th, so it should ship sometime between September 24th (6 weeks) and October 8th (8 weeks).

We apologize for any confusion.

Best regards,

Frank

Solidoodle Press (waiting for it)

Order status on my Press has changed from in-production to processed...

well it's as close to news as we've got! tongue

211 (edited by leonmf 2014-09-16 21:39:18)

milks wrote:

Order status on my Press has changed from in-production to processed...

well it's as close to news as we've got! tongue

Fantastic!  I'm still "in-production" (26148) on an 8/5 workbench order but your status definitely alleviates some of my expectation that shipments would be delayed due to the lack of information out of SD of late.

Robo 3D with Pico Hot End, ViKi LCD, OctoPi, EZStruder, Precision Rods, Extended Z Height

26075 shows "processed" as of August 5th, when I placed it.

elmoret wrote:

26075 shows "processed" as of August 5th, when I placed it.

yeah mine shows up as the same date I placed the order though previously the status was 'in production'

there's different ways of interpreting it, could just mean payment processed and every chance it's a non-event

26284 05/08 still in production :-(

215 (edited by Skyblue 2014-09-17 12:48:34)

26450  8/6 still in production-bummed

26894 8/8 in-production as well.....

217 (edited by Stigern 2014-09-17 09:04:19)

Well, they are alteast producing the printers.

I really miss some information on their page, or blog. Just a small status post telling us how things are moving on.

Solidoodle Press (waiting for it)

Stigern wrote:

Well, they are alteast producing the printers.

I really miss some information on their page, or blog. Just a small status post telling us how things are moving on.

My guess is that they're too busy trying to get the first printers out the door to stop and provide information.  It's a common mistake amongst Kickstarter campaigns and 3D printer companies in general.  They never realize that taking an hour out to write an update of any sort can buy them days of peace. 

Right now, the attitude is "Hey guys, it's been six weeks, what's going on?"
In two weeks it will be "Guys, you *said* 6-8 weeks.  We really want our printers.  Hello, is anyone there?"
In four weeks we'll start to see accusations of scam, etc.

It happens the same way every time with companies like this.  This is where I hope SD comes to this forum, sees the uptick of questions and puts *something* out there so I can get back to work instead of refreshing their website all day.  My boss is getting kind of annoyed with me... wink

leonmf I sincerely you are wrong. I have been scammed already by makibox. If this happens again...

Fat kids are harder to kidnap!

220 (edited by leonmf 2014-09-17 13:56:29)

madfalcon81 wrote:

leonmf I sincerely you are wrong. I have been scammed already by makibox. If this happens again...

I'm not saying that Solidoodle is a scam or is scamming anyone. 

They've been in business for several years now.  What I was saying is that around the 10 week mark, people will start claiming that.  Likely, it will be the people who came to get the cheap SD Press without knowing anything about the history of SD as a company that will yell the loudest.

I was also an unfortunate casualty of the Makibox.  By the time they ran out of money, their printer was so far behind the times that I didn't care any more.

My post was a cautionary tale on the need for SD to get on top of the communication before their 8 weeks is up and nothing more.  I have 100% faith that SD will deliver the product.  It's just a matter of when and whether it avoids the shortcomings of previous generations.

Big Plus 1 to what you said leonmf

I'm an August 5th person too, although I can't check my status as my wife ordered it for me as a present.

Anyway, Solidoodle would be smart to make sure the early August machines are in good shape given all the squeaky wheels on this forum that ordered those days tongue

SD2, glass bed, MK5 setup with E3D lite extruder
NX and Solid Edge CAD user
PI, Galileo, and arduino hacker
Code Monkey and Twitter user @burhop

OK, I'm mildly annoyed that they haven't shipped a single Workbench and I paid full price and now there's a sale for $200 off.

*GRUMP*

tell them to deduct it from your order since its still at their shop

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

leonmf wrote:

OK, I'm mildly annoyed that they haven't shipped a single Workbench and I paid full price and now there's a sale for $200 off.

*GRUMP*

Wow.