Re: Introducing Three New Solidoodle Models

i put down about a grand on 2 press models and a WB apprentice...

after seeing this http://zmorph3d.com/produkt/zmorph-2-0- … d-printer/

i am very close to cancelling

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

proctor_richard wrote:

i put down about a grand on 2 press models and a WB apprentice...

after seeing this http://zmorph3d.com/produkt/zmorph-2-0- … d-printer/

i am very close to cancelling

how much US dollars? never heard of ZL currancy and its just another design of an SD2 but no site like this for help.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I sent same questions I posted on their FB site with subject 'Q&A for the 3 new dream machines'

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

404 (edited by blazin_penguin 2014-10-24 21:39:14)

how much US dollars? never heard of ZL currancy and its just another design of an SD2 but no site like this for help.

ZL is Polish and I figured it was about $2k Canadian.

Solidoodle Workbench

You can change the currency on the site, it's about $1800 USD and around $200 for most of the toolheads.  It has very little in common with an SD2, being based on a Mendel with the sliding bed.  I would be interested in seeing how well it does with the milling.  There have been a few attempts at hybrid extrusion/milling machines, but I have never heard of one that actually shipped.

oh interchangeable heads. yeah thats why so costly

Cancelled my Press a week ago - still haven't seen my card credited.  There customer service continues to be underwhelming.

Where can the FAQ be seen?

maybe a delay on the facn faq ? =P
or was it next friday ?

410 (edited by blazin_penguin 2014-10-31 15:22:25)

Where can the FAQ be seen?

well I'm pretty sure the post originally said facebook, but now it's saying they'll make a new FAQ page for it.

Solidoodle Workbench

I am assuming this is what they are referring to. But it has not been updated yet.

http://support.solidoodle.com/hc/en-us/ … -Questions

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

We will have a new post on our blog by the end of today. I'll post a link here when it's up.

Former Solidoodle employee

nykr95 wrote:

Cancelled my Press a week ago - still haven't seen my card credited.  There customer service continues to be underwhelming.

Took them 7 days to credit mine.

Will there still be an updated FAQ Today?

desertstriker2008 wrote:

Will there still be an updated FAQ Today?

SD closes at 5pm ET. Unless they post on their site in the next 5 minutes, it will be...what's that word AGAIN?

Delayed.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

sad that what i was thinking. I Hope not

no doubt we will get a nice auto signed message from sam cervantes

"we really believe in our blog posts and want to take the extra time to deliver a really exceptional FAQ and so shall be posting the faq on 01/01/15"

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

Pretty disappointing that they can do something as simple as a FAQ on time. This is something they offered to do. Unless by end of day they meant 11:59pm EST.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

Heeeeey where is that faq faq ?:(

proctor_richard wrote:

no doubt we will get a nice auto signed message from sam cervantes

"we really believe in our blog posts and want to take the extra time to deliver a really exceptional FAQ and so shall be posting the faq on 01/01/15"

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bstngp.gif

421 (edited by MacGyverX 2014-10-31 22:13:55)

The blog has been updated.

http://blog.solidoodle.com/blog/

Dual MCUs and 24V? (For the Press)  Interesting.

http://blog.solidoodle.com/2014/10/soli … rinter-qa/

Former Solidoodle employee

but one of the MCU's is an ATTINY and not a staggeringly powerful chip (by today's standards) , It may just be used to replace a bunch of logic, or for peripheral functions.  (Please note the pure speculation on my part) 

I wonder if they would get any better performance by moving up to a 32 bit ARM cortex type processor?  I think in 3d printers the limitations are more mechanical then electronic.

On a completely different note, a question I forgot to ask in my E-mail was about the specific safety systems.  Between the sticky post about a 3d printer causing a house fire, and the fact that now they are going to be running fast and hard to pump printers out, I am a little apprehensive, and I would like to give a good check over the safety systems to make sure that they are in proper working order.

(note after almost 8 years of working in high reliability electronics, including life critical systems, I know a thing or two)

e.g. I know there are thermocouples attached onto the extruder hot ends, are they staked in, bolted on, or soldered/welded?  do they require any thermal grease to help get more accurate readings?

Solidoodle Workbench

Aren't the smoothie boards based off the cortex chips?

blazin_penguin wrote:

but one of the MCU's is an ATTINY and not a staggeringly powerful chip (by today's standards) , It may just be used to replace a bunch of logic, or for peripheral functions.  (Please note the pure speculation on my part) 

I wonder if they would get any better performance by moving up to a 32 bit ARM cortex type processor?  I think in 3d printers the limitations are more mechanical then electronic.

On a completely different note, a question I forgot to ask in my E-mail was about the specific safety systems.  Between the sticky post about a 3d printer causing a house fire, and the fact that now they are going to be running fast and hard to pump printers out, I am a little apprehensive, and I would like to give a good check over the safety systems to make sure that they are in proper working order.

(note after almost 8 years of working in high reliability electronics, including life critical systems, I know a thing or two)

e.g. I know there are thermocouples attached onto the extruder hot ends, are they staked in, bolted on, or soldered/welded?  do they require any thermal grease to help get more accurate readings?

+1 on all counts