376 (edited by n2ri 2014-10-23 21:02:01)

Re: Introducing Three New Solidoodle Models

maybe since they are soooo backed up covering ..it and they dont 'show' anything really. they should stop wasting time at tech shows and focus on meeting production deadlines and fulfilling promised features/product some time THIS YEAR.
this wasnt an early bird sale but an individual company ran 'upstart' capital investment ploy without the documentation a true 'Upstart offers investors for security. solidoodle duped their customers proving what they think of us as Ginny pigs

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

377 (edited by MacGyverX 2014-10-23 21:02:25)

The only thing that irks me about this is the Kickstarter like process/behavior. Get a pitch. Pay up front. Then wait for sporadic details. My assumption on this as this is not Kickstarter, When I paid and it said the delivery time was 6 to 8 weeks. I kinda expected it to be 6-8 weeks. And also, when SD started to pre-sale the new models. We all thought that the models have been vetted and ready for manufacture. Not still in the final process of R&D... This is very annoying. Mind you- Not getting the printer is not what's pissing me off. It's the lack of information and process that has lead us to where we are today.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

378 (edited by n2ri 2014-10-23 21:07:31)

MacGyverX wrote:

The only thing that irks me about this is the Kickstarter like process/behavior. Get a pitch. Pay up front. Then wait for sporadic details. My assumption on this as this is not Kickstarter, When I paid and it said the delivery time was 6 to 8 weeks. I kinda expected it to be 6-8 weeks. And also, when SD started to pre-sale the new models. We all thought that the models have been vetted and ready for manufacture. Not still in the final process of R&D... This is very annoying. Mind you- Not getting the printer is not what's pissing me off. It's the lack of information and process that has lead us to where we are today.

+1 and glad I didnt have the money to order one after finding my suspicions where correct on their way of doing business.
this is like the old reputaion businesses from that area had for years in the past. fast talk, fast sale

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

So why are you people canceling is it because of a bad product only or all the delays you talking about . I'm still in but all this talk don't make me any more confident in it

its the old phrase started long ago by Newyorkers since they dont listen to why you dont jerk people around on what your selling and when its delivered. "money talks, BS walks" hit em where they feel it and they respond. plus some of the promised features have been omitted also.

381 (edited by MacGyverX 2014-10-23 22:39:28)

I am not canceling. But I can understand why. At the time it seemed like a good deal and they may have already been looking for a printer. Or possible it was a Xmas gift. But with the delays and the fact that the new date in the the holidays, they are pulling out.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

I wouldn't have cancelled a $350 Press order.  I could have afforded to wait indefinitely for that. 

A $1,350 workbench order on the other hand...

Boots Industries v2.5 Delta
Robo 3D with Pico Hot End, ViKi LCD, OctoPi, EZStruder, Precision Rods, Extended Z Height

I new letter from ceo in mailbox new delay and it will be some mod to the press printer . But not what so it will be 1 more month wait for something better hopefully

Sent a message to support asking what the mods are that are causing delays

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

Honestly I am glad they are delaying. Let them delay as much as they need to deliver a solid product. Yes it's bad business to prematurely announce products until you're certain they're ready.  At the same time.... i'm one of the Press pre-orders and my sentiments are please, please hold onto them until you get them right.

Now Solidoodle listen very carefully.... if you don't deliver an excellent product now you are going to have over the top irate customers, and horrific reviews. Honestly I'm not sure they'll survive at all if they don't manage to have jaws dropping upon first use of their printer, after the repeated delays.

I'm patiently waiting. You better blow my flipping socks off:)

I am leaning towards cancelling.  In my experience with Kickstarter and other online companies - you rarely ever get a better product because of the delays.  In fact it's a sign that they don't have a good process.  The lack of communication is a sign that customers are not their priority.  So my bet is they will end up releasing a mediocre product that still is not ready for prime time.
I always see the comments from folks hoping for the best and saying be patient let them get the best product out.  Usually they end up being the last one's left and never get the product or their money back.

Possibly, to clarify I am encouraging no one to be patient.  I'm just saying I am willing to roll the dice on it.  Also I have slightly different purposes with my Solidoodle Press purchase.  regardless of the quality I wanted the bones.  More than anything else.

SoliEdrick wrote:

Hello All,

This is our latest update for the shipping time.

Greetings Solidoodle Customers

Thank you again for ordering a Solidoodle Press. We have been taking every measure to make sure the printer you receive lives up to your expectations.

At this time, we are making some modifications to the machine based on our findings from the extensive tests we have been conducting on our first production run. We believe that taking the extra time to deliver an exceptional product is necessary. As a result, Solidoodle Press printers will now begin shipping by December 5th and we are doing everything we can to ship earlier.

We are so sorry for this delay and the inconvenience that it has caused you. If you would like to cancel your order, you can do so without penalty, but we ask that you please be patient a little while longer. We promise that it will be worth the wait. Should you wish to cancel, please visit [support.solidoodle.com] (support.solidoodle.com) and our customer support team will help you.

We are so proud of the Solidoodle Press and believe it is the best consumer printer on the market. We sincerely appreciate your patience during these delays - we have a great product and we know you'll enjoy your printer once you get it.

We will be providing ongoing updates on the printer, videos, and information on our SoliPrint software on our Facebook.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sam Cervantes
CEO

I am sure glad  that I didn't preorder one and let them use my money without delivering a product in a timely manner.The last time I preorderd a product they didn't charge my card til it actually shipped.Maybe they think that they are the only game in town, their not!

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

389 (edited by Stigern 2014-10-24 05:13:45)

I'm also close to canceling. Anyone got some tips of another printer in the same price range?

This one?

http://www.replikeo.com/en/KIT001

Solidoodle Press (waiting for it)

Now it's slowly beginning to ruffle my feathers as well… sad

I hope they'll at least upgrade the shipping so that international orders arrive in time for Christmas, too, otherwise I might cancel, too. Meh. This annoys me, I thought solidoodle was a bit more experienced as a company than many competitors when I ordered, but this not to make a difference. And especially the lack of info is really disheartening.

Kinda worried and sad. It's like makible all over again sad

Fat kids are harder to kidnap!

desertstriker2008 wrote:

First post for me here, i am totally bummed out about this sad

Wondering if they will try and compensate by possibly giving the early adopters some extra filament?

I second that idea. While I am more than willing to wait for a better quality printer I think our loyalty for sticking around and funding all the R&D going into said better quality printers should be rewarded.

Oh and people please stop repeating yourself. If you have posted your negative sentiment already we don't need to hear it again. We get it, you're pissed, but some of us DO NOT want them to rush to get product out the door and do a half ass job on the first production run. Thank you smile

so what you think they will change on the press?

I dont care, take the time to get both software og hardware as close to perfect that can be done, i do have other hobby's anyway, 3Dprinting is just to try it and see thats the fuzz is all about..

395 (edited by wire10ga 2014-10-24 19:09:34)

Although I did not order the press, I do think that it is a bad business decision to take orders for a product still in the development stage. You can let your customers know what you are working on and keep them updated on the process if you want to generate interest in it, but to take preorders while you are working out the bugs only leads to bad publicity.

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

396 (edited by Skyblue 2014-10-24 18:25:00)

Just venting...

Pissed and saddened. Cancelled order. Bought a Robo.

398 (edited by soliryan 2014-10-24 14:40:12)

Hey guys. We know there have been a ton of questions about the Press, Workbench Apprentice, and Workbench over the past few weeks and we want to address as many of them as possible. Please send your questions to [email protected] by Monday 10/27. We will compile them and post a new FAQ page next Friday.

Former Solidoodle employee

ive submitted the following
1) will you be releasing a fan design file for those of us who felt lead astay by this
2) do you have a recovery plan for your poor communication ( suggested a weekly blog update)
3) are the WB also affected ?
4) what are the modifications which have pushed the date back ?

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

400 (edited by MacGyverX 2014-10-24 17:44:54)

Sent an email also. Here are my questions.

When will you provide actual images of all the printers on the SD page?

Can you release product video’s of all the printers in action? (i.e. Pick a model and print the same one on all three new units. Show the print in actual speed for a couple minutes then time-lapse to the end and show the last couple minutes printed at normal speed. And if possible tight shots of the models)

Is PLA Supported? (An actual position on PLA. Not just Yes and No. Or anything about it voiding the warrenty or having to mod the models to do so. Just what is the support for PLA out of the box.)

Can you provide more details on what controller is on the new units? Are they In-house designed? Or you using a reference design like the Printrbot board, and if so who is the reference?

Can you give a brief explaining on why SD has chosen a proprietary spool for the Press? I ask this cause the unit is pretty large and ‘looks’ like it could accommodate a standard size spool.

And what is the issue that is holding production back? (We are all technical here. We can handle it. Or maybe even help.)

Can you briefly talk about the new software that SD is going to use for the new printers? (i.e. Key features?)

Can you give any details about the new hotnends in the new printers?