Re: Introducing the Solidoodle 3

just to know i'm veryimpatiently waitng on mine i'm hoping i wil;l get one in my hands before the apocalypse which soem feel will be next february

I'm curious to see when they start shipping the 3 where they are at in the queue for the 2. With how fast they've been shipping lately hopefully it won't piss too many people off.

Solidoodle 3 revealed on camera and video
engadget.com/2012/12/15/solidoodle-3-hands-on/

Any updates on the solidoodle 3, such as whether it is on track to ship in january 2013?

Its been exactly 4 months since i ordered the S2, and a bit over a month since i ordered the upgrade.

Still anxiously waiting.... Hope its worth it!

velvetcream wrote:

Any updates on the solidoodle 3, such as whether it is on track to ship in january 2013?

Its been exactly 4 months since i ordered the S2, and a bit over a month since i ordered the upgrade.

Still anxiously waiting.... Hope its worth it!

The only thing I've seen is in the last shipping update email they briefly mentioned the 3:

November orders should begin on January 19th. We anticipate November orders to take 2 weeks to clear, finishing in full by February 4th. This of course excludes Solidoodle 3 orders, which should begin shipping earlier in the month. November orders involve order IDs 5473 through 6196

My upgrade was 11/18.  When I asked for an approximate ship time frame recently, I was told it would be within the first 2 weeks of January.  But,,, I was originally told I could expect 6 to 8 weeks on the SD2, so we all know stuff happens.  Anyway, my order number is 5840.

Thanks for sharing what you know.

If i stayed with the original s2 order, i would have a 3d printer in my hot little hands right now. Oh well, i guess the Christmas to new years break from work should be spent with family and friends instead of tinkering with my toys.

Anyway, i would be glad to receive updates from solidoodle on how progress is going.

With the approaching delivery of the SD3's, is it possible for Solidoodle to release .1 and .3 slicer ini's?  I realize that the big (and perhaps only) difference would be platten size, center info, and dump area information, but with no experience at this time, I would be confused at what settings should be.  Any help there Solidoodle?

Here are the settings. http://www.solidoodle.com/2012/11/1495/. I think the only changes would need to be in the firmware, not the profiles.

BotBot wrote:

Here are the settings. http://www.solidoodle.com/2012/11/1495/. I think the only changes would need to be in the firmware, not the profiles.

I believe these reference build limits and centers as well as dump areas of the printer.  My queistion is what those numbers need to be set at for the sd3.

We're approaching mid January... Anyone heard from Solidoodle regarding the latest on the S3?

Yea I sure wish there were more updates.I would like to  see updates  on the SD site and here. Some who have ordered may never  come to the forum, updates on the SD site would be a big plus  IMHO

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

Jeez, after seeing all these posts I feel like I'm never going to get mine... order #7655 sad

89 (edited by chuk 2013-01-20 03:06:57)

velvetcream wrote:

We're approaching mid January... Anyone heard from Solidoodle regarding the latest on the S3?

Got an email on Thursday saying "The S3's should be going out toward the end of January. We will be making an official statement the moment we are ready to launch."

chuk wrote:
velvetcream wrote:

Got an email on Thursday saying "The S3's should be going out toward the end of January. We will be making an official statement the moment we are ready to launch."

Was that a general email, or were they responding to your specific enquiry?

SD have never responded to any of my emails.

paramite12 wrote:

Jeez, after seeing all these posts I feel like I'm never going to get mine... order #7655 sad

Don't feel bad, my number is 77xx. It should be here around the beginning of march if they keep to the 8-10 weeks the website says it takes, but after reading things here I am guessing mid-June.

92 (edited by chuk 2013-01-20 19:05:36)

velvetcream wrote:
chuk wrote:
velvetcream wrote:

That was a reply to an email I wrote them, they got back to me in less than 24 hours. I used the support at solidoodle.com email address.

chuk wrote:
velvetcream wrote:
chuk wrote:

That was a reply to an email I wrote them, they got back to me in less than 24 hours. I used the support at solidoodle.com email address.

Just as a general heads up: Our google mail system seems to erratically drop e-mails. We've worked with Google on this, but they can't seem to find the issue.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

then get something that works and drop google

Manx wrote:

then get something that works and drop google

Not quite that simple, I'm afraid. We would also need to track down the source of the
issue before we moved. A while back I made a call for the headers of lost e-mails.
This would have proved to google (who has been eternally skeptical of our issues)
that there was a problem, and given them the means to solve it.

Only one person replied, and I got one set of e-mail headers, which
was completely inconclusive. Remember, we need proof of the issue
before we can make positive improvements, and in this case we
need the cooperation of the customers to get that proof.

We have found that some of the folks who claim to have missing e-mails
cannot reproduce them. Others seem to have been trying to work through the
forms on the Solidoodle official website, and did not e-mail support directly.
While a missed e-mail from the on-line form is an issue to itself, it is not necessarily
and issue stemming directly from our e-mail system.

Still others have been confused by the existence of other blogs and forums
and have sent us messages later on saying things like:

"I tried to talk to Ian Johnson in support"
(by the way no hard feeling on that! We love the help you guys give!)

Others were trying to e-mail Sam directly (by guessing at e-mails like [email protected] and such), or were guessing at support e-mails like "[email protected]"

Still, we continually get reports of e-mails being lost in space. We respond to every e-mail we
receive, every day. If you'd like to help us resolve this issue, please do send us an e-mail with
the header of the lost e-mail to: [email protected]

To be honest, I do not see an e-mail system changeover in the near or medium term future as Google works 99% of time, and we are unable to verify Google's culpability in the issue. If we do not respond to your e-mail immediately, please do e-mail us, or skype us, or use our IRC chat room, or private message us here, or message us on facebook, or message us on twitter, or message us on reddit, or give us a call. We aren't holding back tech support from anyone.

Regards,
John

what is your link to the IRC chat room?

Manx wrote:

what is your link to the IRC chat room?

We can be found at #solidoodle on freenode.

If you don't have an IRC client you can get to it through this link - http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=s … xMT0xOTU1d

Is there a reason why the S3 is not offered in an expert variant with cover?

Is it simply because the covers were not popular on the s2?

I'm asking because I wonder if I need to think about making a cover for the s3 when it arrives.

velvetcream wrote:

Is there a reason why the S3 is not offered in an expert variant with cover?

Is it simply because the covers were not popular on the s2?

I'm asking because I wonder if I need to think about making a cover for the s3 when it arrives.

Personally I plan on making a removable cover for mine when I receive it because it seems that controling the local environment has a great effect on successfully printing large parts.  With the larger area, I am assuming environment control will be even more important.