Re: Introducing the Solidoodle 3

Diecrusher wrote:

Difference is that when you bought a 486, it worked as a 486 not a 386sx with a intermittently working 5 1/4" floppy that you would have to rebuild to get operational. 

ending rant now.......

No but my TRS80 with the tape drive loader really sucked, but I still loved the hell out of it looking back.  Step away from the ledge my friend.  It'll all be okay.  wink

My first was a wirewrapped 8008 with 1k of slavaged 1101 static memory chips.  I was always happy watching the progression going from the 8008 to the 8080, to the Z80, and finally the 8086, 8088, etc.  I guess this is much the same thing.

RGargus wrote:

My first was a wirewrapped 8008 with 1k of slavaged 1101 static memory chips.  I was always happy watching the progression going from the 8008 to the 8080, to the Z80, and finally the 8086, 8088, etc.  I guess this is much the same thing.

We sure hope so!

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

How do you intend to address the upgrade options?  Email?  Option on the order page?  Phone call?  I would like to know that I can secure an early position on the list.

RGargus wrote:

How do you intend to address the upgrade options?  Email?  Option on the order page?  Phone call?  I would like to know that I can secure an early position on the list.

We will offer an upgrade option in the store for everyone who requests it. As of now the list isn't too bad.

I need confirmation that to upgrade my current sd2 expert order to and sd3 is 100 and I need to make that happen on order number 2967, which is currently pending.  How can I do that?  I only see a new shopping cart available currently.

RGargus wrote:

I need confirmation that to upgrade my current sd2 expert order to and sd3 is 100 and I need to make that happen on order number 2967, which is currently pending.  How can I do that?  I only see a new shopping cart available currently.

We haven't made that available yet. We should have an answer by tomorrow afternoon. We will announce as soon as there is a way.

Any chance the frame can come in black?

shabby wrote:

Any chance the frame can come in black?

Great idea! We don't have any plans to do colors at the moment, but if we get enough requests we will consider it.

35 (edited by Diecrusher 2012-11-16 22:24:33)

cmetzel wrote:
Diecrusher wrote:

Difference is that when you bought a 486, it worked as a 486 not a 386sx with a intermittently working 5 1/4" floppy that you would have to rebuild to get operational. 

ending rant now.......

No but my TRS80 with the tape drive loader really sucked, but I still loved the hell out of it looking back.  Step away from the ledge my friend.  It'll all be okay.  wink

Yeah, but many that bought that TRS80 wanted to do more than:

10 for x = 1 to 10
20 print "hello world"
30 next x

Heck, it at least turned on and did what it was advertised to do right? 

No ledge it sight..... firmly on the ground. wink

http://memecreator.net/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/showimage.php/574/10-I-DON'T-ALWAYS-REPEAT-WHAT-I-SAY-20-BUT-WHEN-I-DO,-GOTO-10.jpg

cmetzel wrote:

http://memecreator.net/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/showimage.php/574/10-I-DON'T-ALWAYS-REPEAT-WHAT-I-SAY-20-BUT-WHEN-I-DO,-GOTO-10.jpg

+1! smile

Urrggh, this kind of will make it difficult for me to sell my solidoodle 2 without losses when it ships in a week. I think I'll see about canceling.

Unless anyone wants my solidoodle 2 pro model that I ordered late august. I'll sell for what I bought it + shipping, throw in the 3D parts for a panelolu (i'll need a day or two to print them well).

Dang I just saw on their site the new 3rd generation printer. I guess that's the nature of technology, you get to have the newest thing for only a short while before something bigger and better comes out. As much as I'd like that 8x8x8 build platform, I think I'll just make do with the one I ordered, that is, until they come out with a 12x12x12 build platform, then I'd jump for that. I hope you guys get enough interest for a bigger one cuz that would be just swell.

40 (edited by nathankau 2012-11-17 07:08:26)

Is the only difference between the SD3 and the SD2 the length of rods and such?

Why did the pro and expert models become $50 and $100 more expensive?!

If we want to cancel our existing order will the price be based upon the new pro and expert prices or the old ones?

nathankau wrote:

Bigger bed, bigger resistor, (hopefully) bigger power supply. It adds up.

nathankau wrote:

If we want to cancel our existing order will the price be based upon the new pro and expert prices or the old ones?

The higher price allowed us to ramp up shipping, and improve the quality of the product.

nathankau wrote:

I asked the same question about the price in an email and got the same non answer.  It seems that the responder does not answer certain questinos.

RGargus wrote:
nathankau wrote:

I asked the same question about the price in an email and got the same non answer.  It seems that the responder does not answer certain questinos.

To be specific:
If you are upgrading from basic:
$300
From Pro:
$200
From Expert
$100

I suppose if we went by the old prices you would have to pay even more, but I think this pricing set-up will suffice for now.

45 (edited by RGargus 2012-11-17 17:07:10)

How do we upgrade an existing order?  For lack of any other way, I have sent an email requesting this upgrade.

46 (edited by chuk 2012-11-17 19:54:31)

RGargus wrote:

How do we upgrade an existing order?  For lack of any other way, I have sent an email requesting this upgrade.

I asked through the contact form on the solidoodle site. Whoever get's an actual answer please let us know so those of us wanting to upgrade can do so.

chuk wrote:
RGargus wrote:

I asked through the contact form on the solidoodle site. Whoever get's an actual answer please let us know so those of us wanting to upgrade can do so.

I have asked via email, form, facebook, and this forum.  The only comment I have received regarding my questinos so far, is that they will honor the fact that we purchased a sd2 Expert plus $100 for the upgrade, regardless of the price at the time of our original purchase.  Beyond that, I have seen no means of requesting the upgrade on line, so I sent my CC numnber along with the request to upgrade to the sd3.  I have not yet received confirmation on my request, but I suspect they work a small crew a short day on saturdays.  Hopefully, I will get my confirmation monday.  I am sure they have a lot of details to work out yet, but I am trying to get on the list as early as I can.  So far, I have been waiting 17 weeks for the sd2, and it is still in pending status.

I sent an e-mail to John at 12:00 PM CST and here was his reply

Dale,
We will be sending out instructions for this later today - I hope this helps!

Regards,
John

Ultimaker S3.

Well i called john yesterday. And Spoke with him. He stated tehy did not have an established way of upgrading to the SD3 from the SD2 in the orders. They are working on it and will send out emails to those who are waiting on their units and that it will cost more so send em an email maybe statrt a thread for the upgrades or email them your request BTW i want minea midnight blue just letting them know colors would be nice

Manx wrote:

Well i called john yesterday. And Spoke with him. He stated tehy did not have an established way of upgrading to the SD3 from the SD2 in the orders. They are working on it and will send out emails to those who are waiting on their units and that it will cost more so send em an email maybe statrt a thread for the upgrades or email them your request BTW i want minea midnight blue just letting them know colors would be nice

I would take it ANY color... well, maybe not pink or purple.