Re: Filament Extruder - Convert pellets to filament

Me too, but I just didn't have it on me at the time.  Now just waiting for Tim to announce the Kickstarter...

Maybe I'll just get the $15 filastruder Tshirt option instead.  smile

There's a Tshirt option?  I was just thinking the keychain smile

So close to 1000 posts! I've decided I'll give the 1000th poster a free spool of filament.

elmoret wrote:

So close to 1000 posts! I've decided I'll give the 1000th poster a free spool of filament.

You could make it a stretch goal reward on the KS campaign... LOL

Kid you not, I'd do it for the filament.  The stuff I've gotten from Tim has been pretty top notch.  Even his not-so-great stuff works... abeit I have to monitor the diameter, but it's been pretty smooth sailing on this stuff.

elmoret wrote:

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

983 (edited by ysb 2013-03-14 09:53:00)

983.. big_smile

Hi guys,

Got side tracked with a show in London,

Anyways just wiring the kit up,

Re powers supply, I measure green wire as neutral, black as hot, and white as ground (goes to the central round pin on the male 3 prong plug),

This seams to me like green and white are switched, is this just an error in the PSU manufacturer?

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers,

Rob

985 (edited by ysb 2013-03-14 13:29:34)

a dangerous error in this case (harmless if you let it uncut)..... mine is normal (green ground, black hot, white neutral..)

I just hit 1000 posts yesterday, I was gonna suggest we lock the thread after 1000 smile

R.J.A.Allen wrote:

I measure green wire as neutral, black as hot, and white as ground (goes to the central round pin on the male 3 prong plug)

Well that's troubling, and might explain why a previous user had a shock! The good news is that the release version does not deal with mains power at all - everything is run off 15v, through a power brick, like the Solidoodle.

Yes all wired up and working but the colour coding of the wires was wrong! Indeed a worrying scenario, lucky I checked it with a multimeter first!

989 (edited by elmoret 2013-03-14 17:19:24)

R.J.A.Allen wrote:

working

Pictures?

990 (edited by cckens 2013-03-14 19:09:23)

990... but that don't mean anything wink

Tim, do you have an ETA on the Kickstarter?

Edit: I have to learn how to count.

1000th post, or 1000th reply?  I'm not in the running I'm already stocked up on filament but saving you from having to send out two spools.

cckens wrote:

990... but that don't mean anything wink

Tim, do you have an ETA on the Kickstarter?

Edit: I have to learn how to count.

Less than a week. The video is almost finished, the only thing holding up the submission to Kickstarter.

cmetzel wrote:

1000th post, or 1000th reply?  I'm not in the running I'm already stocked up on filament but saving you from having to send out two spools.

Going by the gray number in the upper right part of the post. This one's 993.

994 (edited by Randavian 2013-03-14 20:24:11)

Just wondering if anyone here has read this article about actual conductive filament.

http://www.wired.com/design/2012/11/con … n=Previous

This stuff is suppose to actually be used to conduct electricity.  The article even gives you the steps to make the filament... in an odd way.

If the ingredients could be used in the filastruder, that would be awesome.  And easier than the way they suggested making it.

995 (edited by nickythegreek 2013-03-14 22:36:45)

Randavian wrote:

Just wondering if anyone here has read this article about actual conductive filament.

http://www.wired.com/design/2012/11/con … n=Previous

This stuff is suppose to actually be used to conduct electricity.  The article even gives you the steps to make the filament... in an odd way.

If the ingredients could be used in the filastruder, that would be awesome.  And easier than the way they suggested making it.

You can use make's shapelock and carbon black with the filastruder to accomplish this task

http://blog.makezine.com/slideshow/2012 … -printers/

996 (edited by Lee 2013-03-14 23:30:39)

Randavian wrote:

I've had some success with making the material, and happily, I think I will be getting a Filastruder soon. So I'll be able to tell first hand whether or not its possible.

My concern is that the resulting plastic needs to be homogeneous - the distribution of carbon in the plastic needs to be even. This is tough to accomplish using chemicals, and it might be impossible by mixing it in the filastruder hopper.

But I am hoping that the filastruder will make turning my raw plastic into filament a lot more manageable.

Tim
Great work on you extruder. I'm waiting for the KS to start.
I sent you a email.

Beta tester, with out you guys, it would of taken Tim a lot longer to get this to KS.
Thanks

Rodney

I have no money and I really want this machine..  1000 get!

I edit my posts a lot.

elmoret wrote:
R.J.A.Allen wrote:

working

Pictures?

Give me an hour or two ..... smile

Great work going ahead here. I'm looking at building the same sort of thing so all the ideas here are really helpful. I would love to help back the KS once it's up. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this.