Re: RepRapDiscount "Bulldog XL" Geared Metal Extruder on a Solidoodle 3!

Any chance you had more than one made?
I'd love to have one of those for my bulldog.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I would also be very interested in one. How much?

Ulitmaker 2, a few repraps, Custom Big FFF 3D printer with heated chamber.

My Blog http://ggalisky.weebly.com/
My Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXShYo … aDUpebDAOw

Even if you would share the file I would be willing to check with the local machine shop to see what it would cost for a run of say 10 or 20.  Setup is the hard part so no sense having just one made.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

@Stevos758: I'd be interested in one of these as well if you or wardjr made up a batch... 

@wardjr:  I looked at moving the probe to the left side BUT because it offsets off the built platform when homed, when it goes to do the z-home, it won't work.  Since it offsets by 205mm for the print head to be off the build platform, if I was to offset the probe, it would end up being on the right side anyways smile  The firmware seems to force it to the x/y home position before it allows z-homing.

On a side note, I'm SOOO close on this autoleveling.  Last night got it taking readings from the 4 points, but for some reason it's not raising the bed when ready to print for the offset, so guess I will be digging thru the configuration.h file for a bit sad

SD3, Lawsy Carriages with GT2 belts on x axis, BLTouch, Bondtech BMG extruder, E3D v6 via bowden, MIC6 bed with 200W heater w/SSR relay and a RUMBA controller

230 (edited by mloebl 2014-11-22 15:42:37)

mloebl wrote:

@wardjr: The firmware seems to force it to the x/y home position before it allows z-homing.

ARGH, I may be lying, as after a full power cycle, after I x/y home, for z-home it's going to the center...  not the first time I've seen that where after a firmware upload it does that.

SD3, Lawsy Carriages with GT2 belts on x axis, BLTouch, Bondtech BMG extruder, E3D v6 via bowden, MIC6 bed with 200W heater w/SSR relay and a RUMBA controller

231 (edited by Stevos758 2014-12-01 14:40:16)

Sorry, I thought I included the STL.

I can check around if anyone finds anything before let me know. I'll text my machining buddy today.

I could do it on mine but it might take ages. I have a larger machine but I don't have it CNC'd yet.

BE ADVISED, Tolerances are not correct on this. Use model at your own risk! I will adjust them as some point soon and get it re posted.

Post's attachments

Bulldog XL Mount E3D V5.stl 255.26 kb, 7 downloads since 2014-11-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Looks like the probe got pushed out a bit last night while testing, so at a slight angle... but sooo close smile

Nice!

Looks like my buddy can make some mounts for us.

I'll get you guys pricing after he quotes me. Shouldn't be much.

Awesome, I used to have a buddy like that but he changed jobs. No more free machine work for me! At least until I get my own equipment wink

Mine just started there! Should hopefully stay there for a while!

Headed to the CNC shop in an hour. Prototype hopefully in hand tonight.
D

Stevos758 wrote:

Headed to the CNC shop in an hour. Prototype hopefully in hand tonight.
D

Nice and good luck! smile

We came close! Hes going to adjust a few tolerances. I forgot to snap a pic. But from the prototype it will work!

I have to ask him how much per unit. I wouldn't think it would me more than $30-50.

I'll let you know as soon as I have something. He will be back to work after thanksgiving.

That place was like heaven!

Thanks to you and your buddy for the effort.  Just let me know how much for 2.

240 (edited by Stevos758 2014-11-24 13:27:31)

Teaser! Prototype 1

http://i.imgur.com/cOoMY9o.jpg

Thread bump for picture update! Hopefully have something for you guys early next week.

Looking good!!!

Sorry for not following, but why exactly do you need a new mount?  My E3D popped into the stock XL mount perfectly...

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

IronMan wrote:

Sorry for not following, but why exactly do you need a new mount?  My E3D popped into the stock XL mount perfectly...

The groove in the E3d is larger than standard which allows it to move up and down.  This just has a thicker lip that goes in the groove.

wardjr wrote:
IronMan wrote:

The groove in the E3d is larger than standard which allows it to move up and down.  This just has a thicker lip that goes in the groove.

Geez...I'll double-check mine, but I think it locked up solid as a rock...

Thanks!

Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate

IronMan wrote:
wardjr wrote:
IronMan wrote:

Thanks!

Note this is for a V5. Not sure if they changed the fit on the V-6

Stevos758 wrote:
IronMan wrote:
wardjr wrote:

Thanks!

That could be it!  Mine's a V6...

IronMan wrote:
Stevos758 wrote:
IronMan wrote:

Thanks!

That could be it!  Mine's a V6...

Nope! I have them both in front of me and they have the same dimensions at the mount.

v6 is a little different than v5 in that the first fin is closer to the groove mount.

elmoret wrote:

v6 is a little different than v5 in that the first fin is closer to the groove mount.

True but that won't affect this issue.  I am working on some photos to better explain.