Re: E3D All-Metal Hotends - US Distributor

OK, just so I know... a stock Sang board with stock PSU will run this and a stock SD2 with no problems?  I read that you need a bigger power supply, but if it will run as normal (albeit a little warmer) then I'm better off for a while. 

I was going to wait to install until I had enough $ to replace the PSU, but if it works I'll work to get it installed when it comes in.

It works just on stock electronics but it will push your PSU right to the limit

28 (edited by Boz 2014-02-21 13:13:46)

Thanks for this!  I just ordered one to replace my dying SD3 hotend.  Now I just need to find a power supply.  I wonder if an old Xbox 360 power block with work?  I don't have one with me to check the specs.

The e3d is negligibly more power than the regular stock...Don't worry about a new power-supply, unless you simply want a higher quality setup (since the stock is barely capable enough.)

Bump - in stock now, ready to ship. If you ordered and didn't get a shipping notification today, you should tomorrow.

E3D raised their prices on their site by £5 ($8), but I'm able to hold the same price ($69.99). What a deal!

Hey elmoret I just ordered a new hot end and wanted to get two but like an idiot I clicked on the wrong thing.  Now I am getting two .4 nozzles which is fine but is there a way you can just add another hot end to my order or do I need to do a separate order?

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Sent you a PM.

elmoret wrote:

Sent you a PM.

Those must take a bit to come through I am not seeing it.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

wardjr wrote:
elmoret wrote:

Sent you a PM.

Those must take a bit to come through I am not seeing it.

Thanks, Got it, did it, Done
Tim I love the instant response time don't see that very often anymore.

Tim's response time is great he knows that a happy customer will be a returning customer. and word of mouth will bring in more customers. an unhappy customer can spread the word & cause you to loose business.

Ultimaker S3.

Any idea when you will be getting some bowden style if any?  I am going to be ordering one soon so if possible id like to order it from you.

I'm not sure if I will, only a couple people have inquired about it and it isn't worth it if I can't purchase them in bulk.

Even if I could, the bowden version is $30 more. You might want to just get print an adaptor:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:163856

If that doesn't suit you, let me know. If I get more than a dozen requests, I'll put in an order.

All E3D orders to date have shipped.

Now carrying the bowden version!

http://www.filastruder.com/products/all … e3d-hotend

Oh... Great!!!, one more reason I have to start building a delta sad

Love the new hotends!  Need to order one after Xmas (funding at a low)!!

But just out of curiosity, I was looking up the properties of PEEK, and it states the general melting point is roughly 343c...So why would the PEEK have an issue with hotend temps up to, say, 280c?

Just wondering...

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Hi Iron man, the deal with peek is it starts to soften at ~240C which quite a few people have found out when they set the extruder temps even a few degrees below that  wink

PEEK will start softening at around 248C, enough for the threads to give way and drop the nozzle on to the bed.

45 (edited by IronMan 2013-12-03 19:09:37)

Thanks Guys...must have something to do with "glass transition" points...I wonder if a polyimide slug like Dupont Vespel would work any better...it claims no mechanical property loss at up to 300c.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEEK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespel

Might try to get a sample slug...Dupont used to make them available (free) for bearing trials. (Edit) The material machines pretty easily...

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Bump - lots of new spare parts added.

35 E3Ds heading to the post office tomorrow:

http://i.imgur.com/xAhjkQr.jpg

Congratulations, I hope this means users are actually listening when we recommend they switch.  I bought my second and third E3D from you and I'm not sure they will ever leave their packaging.  1st one just always works... Got to love good design and engineering.

alright..... I only count 31 boxes there wink

Mine have all left their packaging smile and are working great!!! Thanks Tim

ronsii wrote:

alright..... I only count 31 boxes there wink

Mine have all left their packaging smile and are working great!!! Thanks Tim

A few people ordered multiples. smile