Re: E3D All-Metal Hotends - US Distributor

LdyMox wrote:

Ok ran through those little metal tubes in an attempt to set up the new thermostat with no luck in the last 3 hours.

Not sure what this means? Maybe you mean thermistor?

I think what you call "little metal tubes" are ferrules. What issues are you having? Slide wire from thermistor into ferrule, slide wire from high temp cable into thermistor, crimp with pliers. Job done!

LdyMox wrote:

Someone said I could use the old one from the stock SD2 hotend, but I don't see how. The hole is too small to fit the SD2 thermometer inside the block.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drill_bit

big_smile

Also, it'd probably be best to start a new thread, this is getting off topic.

Ok, sorry. I'll stop posting questions.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
E3Dv6 Hotend, MK5 v6 version, Glass Bed, Anti Z backlash slop nut, SureStepr SD8825 1/32 Extruder Driver, makeshift breakaway plexiglass case; . L-Cheapo 3.8 Watt Laser Attachment w/Custom built enclosure
From Buffalo, NY, USA

LdyMox wrote:

Do not stop posting questions just please move to the help repair section.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Also check your PM's

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

LdyMox wrote:

Please ask away! You're just likely to get more responses in the appropriate section.

132 (edited by LdyMox 2014-05-20 02:51:28)

After 6 hours trying to get the e3D installed, I think I need a new Thermistor + 2 ferrules. But what about that white wire I am attaching it to? I don't see that

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
E3Dv6 Hotend, MK5 v6 version, Glass Bed, Anti Z backlash slop nut, SureStepr SD8825 1/32 Extruder Driver, makeshift breakaway plexiglass case; . L-Cheapo 3.8 Watt Laser Attachment w/Custom built enclosure
From Buffalo, NY, USA

There should be a 4-6 inch long wire included in your bag. It looks like this:

http://e3d-online.com/image/cache/data/new%20images/thermo%20ferrules-228x228.jpg

If you order the new thermistor and PM me your order number, I'll do the kapton tape and crimp the ferrules to that wire for you as a courtesy. I don't know what else to do, and I'm sorry it has taken you 6 hours to assemble. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to assemble one, and another 5 minutes to heat it to 300C and torque it.

Again, please make a new thread for further help!

Started a new thread with LdyMox's last three posts. Help will continue to be provided there.

http://www.soliforum.com/post/56650/#p56650