Re: Beltless Drive X-Y Axis (Level 2 - Techie)

n2ri wrote:

yeah its like navy Capstan post winches for hundreds of years. and thats why the navy winches are shaped that way also. so pulleys may work better if shaped the same

Not sure I followed that could you post a picture?

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

102 (edited by redbarret 2014-11-20 19:51:10)

I don't think I need to screw holes. The SD4 carriage uses a press design wich presses the belt between a 3d printed part with teeth and the top part of the carriage. I can just remove that 3d printed part and tighten the lines under the screw (can add a washer).
http://i.imgur.com/mvrHuMy.png

Now, can I also replace the short Y motor belt rod with fiishing line? How?

Solidoodle 4

As long as the y-belts are tight and cant move that is all that matters.
The drive belt has to stay... There is no way that I am aware of to do that one.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I ll try this later on my second machine.  I wish there was a video or guide with pics but what i read on these 5 pages should do the trick.
Thanks guys