Re: Orders Shipping List

Order # 817
Ordered: 7 May
still pending per website, still getting the bogus "your order will be shipped sometime in the future" auto-reply from support

Approaching week 8 for me, and it's painfully obvious it will still be quite a while before anything ships.

Because I purchased with a credit card (and therefore have 90 days to dispute, if necessary), I'll be giving them another couple of weeks before asking for a refund.  I don't want it to ship a few days before the 90 days is up (or likely AFTER), only to have a problem crop up and have no fallback position.  I'm not suggesting they wouldn't take care of any problems that arise, but I don't like being cornered.  I'll be happy to re-order when shipping times come down to a couple of weeks.

Technically, the Visa/MasterCard TOS does not allow for charging the card until the item has shipped (exceptions are made for custom orders)... since these are not custom orders, my card should not have been charged yet.  If things happened that way, I would have been content to wait quite a few months, if necessary, but the clock started when they charged the card.

MacGyverS2000 wrote:

Approaching week 8 for me, and it's painfully obvious it will still be quite a while before anything ships.

Because I purchased with a credit card (and therefore have 90 days to dispute, if necessary), I'll be giving them another couple of weeks before asking for a refund.  I don't want it to ship a few days before the 90 days is up (or likely AFTER), only to have a problem crop up and have no fallback position.  I'm not suggesting they wouldn't take care of any problems that arise, but I don't like being cornered.  I'll be happy to re-order when shipping times come down to a couple of weeks.

Technically, the Visa/MasterCard TOS does not allow for charging the card until the item has shipped (exceptions are made for custom orders)... since these are not custom orders, my card should not have been charged yet.  If things happened that way, I would have been content to wait quite a few months, if necessary, but the clock started when they charged the card.

Not that it's any of my business, but I have yet to see someone that has received their until say it wasn't worth the wait.  It's a legit company, they are experiencing the same thing that a lot of new companies go through when they have their first hit product.  They are adding capacity and making better machines faster and faster, but there's a reason that there is more demand than there is product.  It's a great machine at a ridiculous price.  My advice is to hold out and you'll end up being more than satisfied with the result.  There are enough helpful people here to get you through most if not all of the questions you'll have when you get it, even if you don't get the responses as quickly as you'd want from SD.  If you decide to cancel, all your doing is making someone behind you in line a little happier.

79 (edited by roughtyper 2012-09-11 15:06:41)

Order number 859
Order date May 8 2012

Unknown shipping date.

Edit:  Expert Model

80 (edited by dbgw 2012-09-11 17:49:53)

I have just received notice of dispatch from Solidoodle for my order:

Placed 4th May
Dispatched 11th September
18.5 Weeks Total

Hopefully this means other recent posters like Pat, Jason, Typer, etc with early May orders will be getting similar dispatch notices this week too.

I will likely have a 2 week wait for UK shipping and customs clearance, but will post when it arrives.

hehe congratulation dbgw

82 (edited by Diecrusher 2012-09-11 18:23:07)

The 1st post in this thread was:

Administrator

Lets see who's orders are shipping.

Post your order ID and date of ordering, and date shipped if it has shipped.

#1159 - 05/15/2012 - Shipped 08/03/2012 - arrived Aug 10th early in the morning.

My order was #1130 placed May 15th and I'm still waiting, going on 4 months now.

#1159 arrives Aug 10th but #1130 still not shipped as of Sept. 11 - something stinks here. 

No reply from my latest emails either....... I know this is a startup but this isn't cool.....

I am also thinking about asking a refund of my order as I am not comfortable with the way they are communicating about there production figures and delivery date. Nothing match reality.

What to say about one communication every 3 weeks with only a partial update with things as precise as "we’ve made a good dent in the May orders" and nothing about later orders when it is obvious that the delays are the main concern of there customer at the moment ?

There is something very wrong somewhere.

Invoice No.: 295
Order ID: 686
Date Added: 03/05/2012

Still waiting....

mike.doell wrote:

Still waiting....

WOW!  Now that's a long wait, have you tried to call or email support?

Printer ordered:
Order ID: #1553
Date Added: 23/05/2012
I have received absolutely zero updates.  Last query was responded with a delivery date that was a month ago.
I know it's a startup, but poor customer service will sink a growing company.
I bought the printer because is (expected to be) a really affordable printer.
Really disappointed at the response (or lack of).

Second order for additional filament that was listed IN STOCK and shows a 1-2 day shipping time.  Ouch.  That was August 10.  Once again.  No response.

Order ID: #3478
Date Added: 10/08/2012

Stoney wrote:

ordered. end of May .. order 1650 ish ..

got onto irc late last night (my time) to check status and was told shipped !
unfortunately the tracking numbers quoted say it went to italy instead of australia, some sort of number mix up I hope, I received no email on status. I hear about mass emails but have not received a single email since my invoice.
I was ensured 'its definately shipped' albeit no correct tracking yet.

Will try irc a bit later tonight and see if saturday brings further info.

I am optimistic though .. just ordered a couple of rolls of filament locally.

update in my status, despite being told in irc and also on the google group that mine had definately shipped, an email enquiry this morning said it would be built in 'at least a few weeks' time ..
so until you receive a tracking number, don't get your hopes up like I did.

I posted a rather furious post on google groups that I sort of wish I hadn't but what the hell, what else can you do.

I was patient but after being tokd it was on its way, allocated funds from other projects to buy filament, waste of time .. hence angry.

.. so it looks like they are just getting going in the May orders, I guess sams comment 'we have made a good dent in May orders' means they are at least into production now..

oh well, back to twiddling thumbs and finding cash elsewhere to pay for my delayed projects ..

cmetzel wrote:
mike.doell wrote:

Still waiting....

WOW!  Now that's a long wait, have you tried to call or email support?

Lots of emails, lots of different answers.

Lawsy received his order earlier than most because he was a community member adding a great deal of positive sentiment to what we were doing at the time. During the earlier part of the year we were having a great deal of trouble getting the original orders out, and customers like Lawsy were a great help.

Now, I must reassure all of you that we are for the most part going in order, and everyone's order will be served as quickly as possible.

Please understand that form e-mails are necessary with the sheer volume of support requests we have received. To be honest, these are the most accurate dates we have at the moment. We do not have any form of "to the day" numbers to give you. The majority of customers like the informative long format approach rather than a short answer like

"about three weeks"

Many customers would like something like:

"Saturday September 29th"

But we do not have the capability to estimate that at this time. We want you to know what we know, to the degree that we know it.

Things are improving here bit by bit, and our shipping numbers are getting easier to predict, but please understand that many of the specifics are still vague. We are at a point where we can predictably put out 10 orders a day, and are poised to increase. This has been the most stable area we have been in so far.

I should also emphasize that the "tracking" that USPS gives us impossibly vague. This is not a failure on our part, but a fact of life for those who use the U.S mail system.

Please understand that we love our customers, and we are working as hard as we can to make sure everyone is happy with their experience.

Regards,
John

lawsy wrote:

My printer has finally arrived:

Order: 1338
Order date: 05/18/2012
Shipped: 08/22/2012
Delivered: 09/04/2012

No toolkit.
Case included.
No tears on Kapton.
Edit:
Only one roll of filament sent out of the two ordered.
Can't find the PVC spool holder yet either.

lawsy wrote:

My details:

Order: 1338
Order date: 05/18/2012

Can anyone shed light on the tracking. According to the tracking, my printer has been "Processed Through Sort Facility" at "ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)" on the 22/8/12.

Now a week has passed and no update? Does this definitely mean that the printer is sitting there doing nothing or is it on the way and the tracking is sloppy?

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

"We are at a point where we can predictably put out 10 orders a day, and are poised to increase. This has been the most stable area we have been in so far. "

If thats the case, just tell us how many you have actually shipped and we can estimate from there.
Wont be super accurate but a million times better than we have been given to date.

Just a friendly reminder to ensure it didn't fall in the cracks:

Order ID: 862, placed 05-08-2012 

Thanks and best!

mike.doell wrote:

"We are at a point where we can predictably put out 10 orders a day, and are poised to increase. This has been the most stable area we have been in so far. "

If thats the case, just tell us how many you have actually shipped and we can estimate from there.
Wont be super accurate but a million times better than we have been given to date.

"To date we’ve shipped about 350 Solidoodle’s to customers all over the world. " from the Solidoodle Blog on 9/7/12.

I'm still waiting as well. Order #1723, 5/31/12. To whom are you all emailing to get shipping updates? I am just waiting to see a tracking number in my email when it ships. Do they do that?!!

...sativas are for smoking!

I saw the 350 estimate, I just dont think its accurate.
That would mean they have shipped 370 by now.
Being order number 686 it would appear that they are about halfway there, possibly closer if some orders are for accessories only.

So assuming they are about 300 more until they get to mine it looks like I have about six more weeks if they are comfortably building ten per day.

Not sure how they thought they would get through all of May in a couple of weeks.

It isnt optimal but there's not much you can do about it.

creationblur wrote:
mike.doell wrote:

"To date we’ve shipped about 350 Solidoodle’s to customers all over the world. " from the Solidoodle Blog on 9/7/12.

I'm still waiting as well. Order #1723, 5/31/12. To whom are you all emailing to get shipping updates? I am just waiting to see a tracking number in my email when it ships. Do they do that?!!

I had no idea until this thread that mine was pushed ahead in the queue. I can certainly reinstate that I never requested it.

Now I feel lucky and also guilty.

Hopefully others might agree with John, I've put a lot of time into developing the Panelolu instructions (video uploading now!) and updated Marlin firmware. Hopefully the community isn't too annoyed.

For the record the serial number on my printer is 0106.

Just rec'd this by email:

Date Ordered: 03/05/2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Shipped

The comments for your order are:

1 printer 1 roll of filament shipped on 9/12/12 GB
CJ164064942US(printer)  CJ164064956US(filament)

Sounds promising. I will post a follow up when it gets here.
It may take awhile to get to Canada though.

96 (edited by dbgw 2012-09-12 17:49:56)

lawsy wrote:

I had no idea until this thread that mine was pushed ahead in the queue. I can certainly reinstate that I never requested it.

Now I feel lucky and also guilty.

Please don't feel that way.

I'm afraid I used your order (amongst others) as a representative example in my communications with support purely because your posted order dates happened to be near my own, and offered a convenient example of non-chronological shipping.

Your contributions to the community are much appreciated, and whilst I don't feel that it is fair for Solidoodle to be making shipping decisions on the basis of community activity (or previous purchases, which has also been implied as a factor for some orders), I certainly don't begrudge your early shipment.

With that said:

Solidoodle wrote:

Lawsy received his order earlier than most because he was a community member adding a great deal of positive sentiment to what we were doing at the time.

This conflicts somewhat with previous reassurances that expedition was strictly on an 'extreme circumstances' basis:

Solidoodle (Shipping Update, August 17th) wrote:

Please understand that only a very small percentage of our customers can be expedited and then only in extreme circumstances.

A great deal of support's time could have been saved by simply reporting the last order number shipped each day on the blog (or even each week, if that were too much hassle). This has been requested many times across the Facebook, Forum and Google Groups threads.

However, that would immediately expose inconsistencies in the order of dispatch - a certain number of which are to be expected due to failures in the production process. A possible solution would be to quote a range each week, along with quick notes where appropriate; for example:

- W/C 27th August - Currently Building & Shipping 650 ~ 700
- W/C 3rd September - Currently Building & Shipping 680 ~ 740
- W/C 10th September - Currently Building & Shipping 700 ~ 760 (Slight delay previous week due to supply issues)
- W/C 17th September - Currently Building & Shipping 740 ~ 800
- etc

With such information, we wouldn't need to be chasing support for updates, and they'd have much more time to spend helping customers with real technical issues, rather than slowly going mad responding to the same questions over and over.

So far we've been given the rough total number of printers shipped in occasional updates from Sam/John. For the purposes of a status update, this information is mostly useless to us unless we also know:
- How many printers there are on order overall
- How many printers there are on order each week/month
- Which order numbers that total count correspond to

I'm grateful to the support staff for consistently replying to my messages quickly, and to Solidoodle in general for getting this product out to customers regardless of delays - but in my opinion it has been a needlessly frustrating process for many customers.

Order 1605 placed on may 24th, expert model.  Support said "it's relatively close in line".

What really annoys me is order 3538, placed on august 13th, for a single roll of natural filament: upon inquiring, i was told it was shipping "soon". (per last Wednesday)

Overall their communication, while being prompt with me, has only aggravated the situation. Right now I feel like I've been lied to, and I'm seriously considering the fact that I might've been had. Any information that we have gotten from them has either been off or has been proven by the community to be wrong.

No one has been had. Machines are being produced and shipped, just not at the rate some people are expecting. While that is unfortunate, and I feel for anyone still waiting, it is worth the wait in my opinion. You can't beat the price.

I've waited 16 weeks for a 600 dollar printer and 4 weeks for 50 dollar roll of filament with nothing but a guy on the internet saying "soon". I know others are receiving printers, I know they are a legitimate company, I understand their situation, but its hard not to think, at some point or another, that something isn't right about this. The complete lack of hard numbers troubles me, and their inability to adhere to the information that have been given to us smells funny.

Order #1400
May 20th
Pro model
Pending

I've seen several people say you can't beat that price. What about the printrbot? I hesitated for a long while between the printrbot and the solidoodle. But the printrbot was constantly out of stock so I ended up ordering a solidoodle thinking I'd have it sooner. Oh well.