Re: Orders Shipping List

I canceled my order and was told I would see a refund on my card in about two weeks.

Over a month later still no refund. I am now discussing chargebacks with my credit card company but am having trouble with that because the purchase was so long ago.

They effectively made it hard for me to even dispute the claim by stringing me along for so many months.

Solidoodle is a scam. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!

It happened exactly the same to me. And the more I search in internet more cases like this I find. Lot of people that dont know how to get their money back

I can tell you my experience: Bought a printer in April, paid printer plus shipment. Never got a printer. Asked for refund. They don't answer me in any channel I'm trying to reach them: Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Google groups, Linkedin, phone, mail. In each place I look I see customers complaining about the same: paid their money, dont get anything, and I see a similar pattern in all the cases: communication has stopped from their side a few weeks ago. Looks like they have a strategy that is answering in public Forums that they will continue the discussion in Private Messaging, but then they dont respond (check Facebook). I'm discussing with credit card chargeback, and submitting claims with different consumer protections entities (NY, FTC, fraud protection entities, etc). At least I want to assure other get aware and dont waist their money and time like a lot of us already did.

I can tell you my experience: Bought a printer in April, paid printer plus shipment. Never got a printer. Asked for refund. They don't answer me in any channel I'm trying to reach them: Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Google groups, Linkedin, phone, mail. In each place I look I see customers complaining about the same: paid their money, dont get anything, and I see a similar pattern in all the cases: communication has stopped from their side a few weeks ago. Looks like they have a strategy that is answering in public Forums that they will continue the discussion in Private Messaging, but then they dont respond (check Facebook). I'm discussing with credit card chargeback, and submitting claims with different consumer protections entities (NY, FTC, fraud protection entities, etc). At least I want to assure other get aware and dont waist their money and time like a lot of us already did.

Hi guys....

My name is Jason and I'm new here.  I purchased my SD4 in July and still have not received it, which I see is a common occurrence  with this company.

Solidoodle has got to be one of the saddest excuses of a company I have ever dealt with.  When I first purchased my printer they were great answering all my questions within 24 hours.  Now that I want to know where the hell my printer is I get no responses.

I finally received the email from Daniel on 10/1/15

Daniel (Solidoodle Customer Service)
Oct 1, 12:34 PM

Hi Jason:

Thank you for your purchase and for reaching out to us. Here is where are stand:

We have several SD4 models ready to ship, unfortunately, all they are missing is the outside door. We are expecting to receive a shipment of doors in 2 weeks. I would like to ship you a printer, right now without the door, with a couple of rolls for the delays and inconvenience. Then as soon as we receive the shipment of doors, I will have shipped out to you. please let me know how you would like to move forward.

Best,
Daniel

So, I emailed him back immediately and still have not heard anything back from him or solidoodle...  Im at my wits end with them, and I'm about ready to cancel my order, report them to the BBB and go and purchase a Lulzbot. I can only imagine if I end up getting the printer and then have issues with it the trouble i will be in.

Sorry for the rant
Jason

1,581 (edited by KWICK 2015-10-13 20:14:17)

I'm pretty sure they are as good as out of business...a BBB report won't phase them...

Well I may have won.... 

Luckily I paid using Paypal, so i contacted them Tuesday and they said I should file a claim, so that is what I did.

And then guess what?!?

I received an email from Solidoodle saying my printer was ready to ship on Friday, but they noticed I initiated a chargeback.  Shockingly they then called me around 3:00p.m. but I missed there call.  I called them back but they don't ever answer so it was pointless. 

I told Daniel that I haven't heard from them and now they are  trying to do everything, so that I don't file a chargeback with paypal.  They gave me some BS about being short staffed.  I told Daniel on October 1st to ship my printer and its been over 2 weeks Im pretty sure you could have found sometime to email back.  Especially when I set up a fake account asking questions about buying a printer and they responded back religiously with answers. 

Here is the email they sent...

Hi Jason:

We apologize for the delayed response, we are experiencing a higher than normal volume of calls and emails, and we are currently short staffed in your customer service, as one of our representatives has taken leave to deal with some personal matters. Good news is that we have received the shipment of doors that we were awaiting, and we can most like have your printer shipped out to you by the end of the day tomorrow. I noticed that you have initiated a charge back with your card holder, and we completely understand why. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this process has caused you. I can see that there is no filament on your order, if we include a free roll of filament, and have your order shipped out to you by tomorrow, will you consider keeping your order?

Best,
Daniel

I responded back saying that I do not want there printer and how awful of a company they are.  He told me that he will allow the chargeback, which I could careless what he would allow because paypal said my funds will be back in my account 10/24 no matter what he said. 

I am now probably going to purchase a lulzbot next week.  Unless any members could suggest something else which I would be grateful for the input.

jlake29 wrote:

Well I may have won.... 

Luckily I paid using Paypal, so i contacted them Tuesday and they said I should file a claim, so that is what I did.

And then guess what?!?

I received an email from Solidoodle saying my printer was ready to ship on Friday, but they noticed I initiated a chargeback.  Shockingly they then called me around 3:00p.m. but I missed there call.  I called them back but they don't ever answer so it was pointless. 

I told Daniel that I haven't heard from them and now they are  trying to do everything, so that I don't file a chargeback with paypal.  They gave me some BS about being short staffed.  I told Daniel on October 1st to ship my printer and its been over 2 weeks Im pretty sure you could have found sometime to email back.  Especially when I set up a fake account asking questions about buying a printer and they responded back religiously with answers. 

Hi Jason:

We apologize for the delayed response, we are experiencing a higher than normal volume of calls and emails, and we are currently short staffed in your customer service, as one of our representatives has taken leave to deal with some personal matters. Good news is that we have received the shipment of doors that we were awaiting, and we can most like have your printer shipped out to you by the end of the day tomorrow. I noticed that you have initiated a charge back with your card holder, and we completely understand why. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this process has caused you. I can see that there is no filament on your order, if we include a free roll of filament, and have your order shipped out to you by tomorrow, will you consider keeping your order?

Best,
Daniel

I responded back saying that I do not want there printer and how awful of a company they are.  He told me that he will allow the chargeback, which I could careless what he would allow because paypal said my funds will be back in my account 10/24 no matter what he said. 

I am now probably going to purchase a lulzbot next week.  Unless any members could suggest something else which I would be grateful for the input.

I've owned a business for 24 years. It's run by my wife and I. We are always short staffed and always return calls and emails promptly. I always know my inventory and I always can tell you to the day when your order will ship if I am out of stock. I was at the www.TechShop.ws this morning producing parts I sell, and took two phone calls while I was running the metal lathe.

Solidoodle is a sorry excuse for a business...

jlake29 wrote:

Well I may have won.... 

And then guess what?!?

Hi Jason:

Best,
Daniel

Its funny. It happen almost the same to me. I answered the same. Let see if they deliver.

jlake29 wrote:

Well I may have won.... 

And then guess what?!?

Hi Jason:

Best,
Daniel

Its funny. It happen almost the same to me. I answered the same. Let see if they deliver.

Has anyone heard from Solidoodle in the last few weeks? It seems like they've gone completely radio silent.

I would think the better question would be, has anyone ordered a printer and have they been willing to take your money?

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

As far as I am concerned, Solidoodle is out of business.

1,589 (edited by jagowilson 2015-10-30 03:55:56)

So glad I got a printer before all of this madness started.

1,590 (edited by widespreaddeadhead 2015-10-29 16:59:56)

Wish this company would get their sh*t together. The school I work at has a Workbench, and after getting everything running, the thing is awesome! 12x12x12 bed size with dual color, should have an enclosure but that's easy enough to make your own. I'd love to buy a Workbench but after our experience with Solidoodle, I'll just wait to build my own CoreXY.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

Hey Guys

Just read this article and if anyone has an outstanding ordering with these $^&# I recommend doing whatever you can do to get your money back ASAP.  I luckily paid using paypal and i consider myself lucky because I had my money back in 10 days.  So, please act sooner then latter.  This year is fastly ending and who knows what they pull at the start of 2016.

http://3dprint.com/110023/solidoodle-ou … ney-rumor/

jlake29 wrote:

Hey Guys

Just read this article and if anyone has an outstanding ordering with these $^&# I recommend doing whatever you can do to get your money back ASAP.  I luckily paid using paypal and i consider myself lucky because I had my money back in 10 days.  So, please act sooner then latter.  This year is fastly ending and who knows what they pull at the start of 2016.

http://3dprint.com/110023/solidoodle-ou … ney-rumor/

I said that months ago....

When they had the original SD2s, if you threatened to ask for a refund they would magically ship your SD2 within a week tongue

But it looks like they don't have the cash now, it may be operating like a ponzai scheme, hoping to take in new orders and pay off old refunds.

Brad wrote:

When they had the original SD2s, if you threatened to ask for a refund they would magically ship your SD2 within a week tongue

But it looks like they don't have the cash now, it may be operating like a ponzai scheme, hoping to take in new orders and pay off old refunds.

"The old "Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease" trick, eh?"
--Maxwell Smart

Since Solidoodle has closed shop. This topic is being closed.

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/