Re: Android App for resetting/writing blank ntags

modfreakz wrote:

Here is new version!

Working as usual with EmuTag, original Tags and blank Tags (Paper Tags).

@modfreakz, have you had a chance to upload your app source? I'd like to make a few tweaks to test out some PETG stuff.

Thanks!

127 (edited by jinzou ningen 2018-08-09 19:16:55)

Hello everyone, I have some questions. Yesterday, my main 3d printer wanhao duplicator i3 broke and it will take a while to repair it, I have a spare xyz da vinci mini w I bought as second printer but I haven't used it much ahah. Well, I want to do  this sort of mod, and here the questions:
1. Besides the NTAG213 Tags Sticker, do I only need a nfc compatible smartphone, right?
Do these stickers work?
https://www.amazon.it/Fongwah-adesivi-N … &psc=1
https://www.amazon.it/10-NFC-Sticker-NT … ds=ntag213

the second ones cost less (2 euro difference, not much), will they work or I better to stay with the ones on the first link?

2. Once I have done the procedure with the phone, where I need to put the sticker? 

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, with these stickers, I will be able to use 3rd filaments, right? So I can use no-brand filaments I used with the wanhao i3, right? big_smile

4.My printer mounts the  firmware 1.9, in case it will update the firmware, do this method still work?
Thanks.

jinzou ningen wrote:

Hello everyone, I have some questions. Yesterday, my main 3d printer wanhao duplicator i3 broke and it will take a while to repair it, I have a spare xyz da vinci mini w I bought as second printer but I haven't used it much ahah. Well, I want to do  this sort of mod, and here the questions:
1. Besides the NTAG213 Tags Sticker, do I only need a nfc compatible smartphone, right?
Do these stickers work?
https://www.amazon.it/Fongwah-adesivi-N … &psc=1
https://www.amazon.it/10-NFC-Sticker-NT … ds=ntag213

the second ones cost less (2 euro difference, not much), will they work or I better to stay with the ones on the first link?

2. Once I have done the procedure with the phone, where I need to put the sticker? 

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, with these stickers, I will be able to use 3rd filaments, right? So I can use no-brand filaments I used with the wanhao i3, right? big_smile

4.My printer mounts the  firmware 1.9, in case it will update the firmware, do this method still work?
Thanks.

1. yeah those look like they should work

2.You put them under the arm that holds the filament wheel.. I made a little tab that will clip into place and hold the sticker if you are interested There is a pic that shows where to place it...  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3014358

3. The sticker allows you to use any filament that will fit in the printer (1.75mm) and that has tempature settings within range of the printer... most pla will work

4. If you have the newer firmware you will need to block xyzmaker.exe xyzprint.exe and xyzware.exe in your firewall from accessing the internet as the new firmware will compare the tag to an internet database and see that it is a fake... but it will still work if it cannot access the internet...

strave.vane wrote:

2.You put them under the arm that holds the filament wheel.. I made a little tab that will clip into place and hold the sticker if you are interested There is a pic that shows where to place it...  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3014358

3. The sticker allows you to use any filament that will fit in the printer (1.75mm) and that has tempature settings within range of the printer... most pla will work

4. If you have the newer firmware you will need to block xyzmaker.exe xyzprint.exe and xyzware.exe in your firewall from accessing the internet as the new firmware will compare the tag to an internet database and see that it is a fake... but it will still work if it cannot access the internet...

Thanks for the answers, I have bought these, there are 20 of them.
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00BTK … &psc=1
As soon as they arrive (tuesday), I will try. With your tab, it is possible to change spool without remove the old sticker, right?

jinzou ningen wrote:
strave.vane wrote:

Thanks for the answers, I have bought these, there are 20 of them.
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00BTK … &psc=1
As soon as they arrive (tuesday), I will try. With your tab, it is possible to change spool without remove the old sticker, right?

Correct just leave it on there! oh and I forgot to mention that with the newest firmware the 300m option doesnt work... only the 200m option

I've been printing with a new TAG for a couple days now and I haven't noticed the printer trying to send anything "outbound" on my network (I have a real-time network monitor)...what does it send to XYZ?  How often does it send info to them? I have FW 2.3.5 and I have my tags set for 300m and they seem to be working fine...in the "print monitor" in XYZWare it shows that I've used 246m out of 200m, but it  hasn't stopped printing.  Should I rewrite my other tags for 200m?

spunone69 wrote:

I've been printing with a new TAG for a couple days now and I haven't noticed the printer trying to send anything "outbound" on my network (I have a real-time network monitor)...what does it send to XYZ?  How often does it send info to them? I have FW 2.3.5 and I have my tags set for 300m and they seem to be working fine...in the "print monitor" in XYZWare it shows that I've used 246m out of 200m, but it  hasn't stopped printing.  Should I rewrite my other tags for 200m?

we may not have the same firmware so if its working for you then great no need to change unless it tries updating I would suggest telling it no lol

as far as what info its sending back.. I honestly have no idea... I am just assuming that is what is happening because I tried every option of tags and non of them worked untill I blocked it in the firewall and then I tried another 200m tag and it worked... works every time now but still get an error of non genuine filament if I try 300.

I'll keep playing around with mine...if it changes I will post the issue.  Thanks for your response...I'm just happy its working and the entire "fix" cost about $25! (even cheaper if you just use the android app)

Is your printer the Jr WiFi version?  That may be how its sending info out...mine is just the USB version and has no network capabilities...

spunone69 wrote:

Is your printer the Jr WiFi version?  That may be how its sending info out...mine is just the USB version and has no network capabilities...

Mine is the wifi version but it is not connected to wifi.. it is connected via usb cable to my pc. I have not set up the wifi to it yet

136 (edited by jinzou ningen 2018-08-14 11:11:26)

Ok, the stickers arrived today and I tried to configure one of them... It was difficult first because the phone didn't recognize it (it's the first time I use these stickers), but then I was able... Well, I'm printing right now with the 300 m setting and a 3rd filament big_smile  I have a question.... Isn't the 1 kg filament spool heavy for the bracket? I'm scared it will break one day ahah
http://soliforum.com/i/?uxWSlW2.jpg

Well then there is another print project for you.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Hello,
so I have read it properly and I have a few questions, I have already lunch labels 213, own Da Vinci mini W (Version 1.2.3) wifi off, I have it on USB.
until the label arrives, can anyone use only 1X? can not delete, upload, and use again?
will I downgrade to the printer so I can use all (and original) labels again?
what else should I watch out for?
I was about 50 meters on my original label, but I was very active and I wanted to enlarge it and I probably destroyed it, can it be fixed? I have screens of about 63 meters (all lines) but no of those 50 :-(

Are you saying you rewrote your original tagl? If that's the case no it won't work untill you've used about 100 different tags and pushed that one out of its memory

140 (edited by cgrillo 2018-08-16 15:39:56)

strave.vane wrote:

Are you saying you rewrote your original tagl? If that's the case no it won't work untill you've used about 100 different tags and pushed that one out of its memory

That's not strictly correct - he won't be able to use it if it has a longer length remaining than when the printer last used it.
If it last saw it at 50m, then setting it to 49m should work.

cgrillo wrote:
strave.vane wrote:

That's not strictly correct - he won't be able to use it if it has a longer length remaining than when the printer last used it.
If it last saw it at 50m, then setting it to 49m should work.

not working,now tested 49m,40m (change only line 14-17) have  screen from cca 63 M all other line is the same.
the pity that I did not make a screen this time before I did it, it worked before.

but I have one more question, the labels are on their way, when they just have to set me up for a 300 meter, push the printer and let it go? I have bought 3x NOT original PLA, blue, red, black and still original orange, I'm asking because of the temperature, if I can only change the plate and the label 300 meters I do not have to notice? and then I'll give it another one, but if I need to change the temperature, I'll put one label on each color and change the discs and labels every time.
Thank you very much.

hi there the app is getting better and better great job to everybody involve. i would just like to know if the app says tag status locked is there a way to unlock the tag, to write to it again and swap with a friend to use in his machine.

RENIER wrote:

hi there the app is getting better and better great job to everybody involve. i would just like to know if the app says tag status locked is there a way to unlock the tag, to write to it again and swap with a friend to use in his machine.

I used the Ntag Edit Tool v1.30 for PC, in which I entered the required length, and I wrote rows 14-17 and then I transcribed the lines 14-17 on the label over the RFID NFC in my mobile, the other rows I have identical.

144 (edited by robyclash74 2018-08-18 10:22:22)

modfreakz thank so much for your software !

I have a question.
When I try to refill tag, nfc tag do't work anymore.
I tryed with 200m, 300m but printer say: "Undefined spool".

I also tryed to "generate tag" over existing tag. Same result "Undefined spool"

I consume many nfc tags...

Can this issue be solved by formatting nfc tag?

145 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-08-18 11:26:53)

robyclash74 wrote:

modfreakz thank so much for your software !

I have a question.
When I try to refill tag, nfc tag do't work anymore.
I tryed with 200m, 300m but printer say: "Undefined spool".

I also tryed to "generate tag" over existing tag. Same result "Undefined spool"

I consume many nfc tags...

Can this issue be solved by formatting nfc tag?

You can't reuse a tag.

Of course you could be spending $45+ for each spool a few cent tag allows you to use.

The machine remembers up to 100 tag serial numbers so once you reach 101 tags you could go back and reuse the very first tag you made assuming you save them.

To be sure, I want to ask, I have some confusion,
1) Does the new paper Nfc tag already have a serial number that the printer remembers? or is there the first serial number I enter for the first time through the application?
2) If I enter the serial number I can not change it anymore?
3) Can I enter 300Meter? (or more?) will not have a problem with the printer? (Da Vinci mini W)

PC applications already not have access to the net and i wait eagerly for labels to arrive.
thank you very much.

I have firmware 1.0.4 and I cannot use 300m only 200... and my understanding is the tag already has a serial Id that cannot be changed

The machine remembers up to 100 tag serial numbers so once you reach 101 tags you could go back and reuse the very first tag you made assuming you save them.

I didn't know.
But in addition to the serial port must also store how much wire has been consumed, otherwise I do not explain why doing the refill tag the printer no longer recognizes it.
However, it is clearer to me now.

Thanks

HI there I would just like to make sure. Does the machine remember the serial number or the uid code of the NFC card? As in previous articles it has been said the uid code of each card. i have one original 200m card that I have changed the serial number and length to 300m ones and got it to print again and now it would not do it again. I don’t know if it’s because the checksum does not add up or something else.

It remembers the UID and the length the spool was at when removed. If you try to use the same ID the amount on the spool has to be equal to or less than it was when it was removed. Also the newer firmware only allows 200m. It no longer supports 300m.