Re: Android App for resetting/writing blank ntags

strange, I have signed the apk file. Maybe something went wrong, I need to check.

I will add color and filament type next release.

Folks, do not get hung up on the color, it is the temperature that is critical. All the color does is tells the printer what temperature to print at.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Folks, do not get hung up on the color, it is the temperature that is critical. All the color does is tells the printer what temperature to print at.

Not wanting to be a jerk here, but that statement kind of contradicts itself.

If the color tells the printer what temp to print at then would not one want to be concerned about the color?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

79 (edited by Bozotclown1970 2018-04-10 12:58:23)

As my statement says, the color is converted to temperature! There are many colors, but only 4 temperatures. There was no contradiction.

madman907 wrote:

Thanks to all the information floating around this forum, we are able to reset and create new valid ntag-labels for use in our dongled printers using various ways.
However, I personally felt a little uncomfortable using the famous nfc tools app to manipulate the tags. So I created a little android app that helped me with the process. I noticed some people have trouble going through the steps (which become pretty error-prone when it comes to creating valid tags from blanks), I decided to share it here, hope it helps some people out.
Yes, its not looking nice (not the android/ui guy) but it did the job for me so far, especially for creating new tags.

What's needed?
- An NFC-enabled android phone/tablet with at least Android 4.4 (I guess)
- Cheap blank nfc213 paper tags if you want create new tags.

No soldering or other tinkering required. Start the app, place it on a blank, choose temp/length, push the button, tape the tag to the printers' nfc reader, happy printing.

Here is one of many tutorials out there that guide you through the steps of installing an apk to your phone:
https://www.maketecheasier.com/install- … he-market/

The apps source is also attached (AGPL licensed), so feel free to use and abuse it. Maybe someone can create a fork which is more feature rich and  better looking, I'm lacking time atm.

I'd like to thank all the users sharing information here, especially nilezon for reverse engineering the pass/pack code, which is also used in this app (in a very ugly way :-/).

Screenshots:
http://soliforum.com/i/?wbE5Mt5.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?lCJuape.jpg

Have fun!

This procedure and app is for the Da Vinci Jr 1.0W? Firmware 2.2.9?
Is there the possibility of being able to clone an original nfctag several times?
Sorry my inlges, but I'm from Buenos Aires Argentina and I do not speak English.
Thank you very much

It should work for Da Vinci Jr 1.0W Firmware 2.2.9, it does not clone an original nfctag. Every NFC tag can be used for one spool because the machine remembers the tag id (it can remember 108 tag id). So clone an original nfctag several times is a bad idea. This app can program new NFC tag to work with Da Vinci Jr or miniMaker.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

So if I have an original nfctag that is empty I can reprogram that to work as a new roll using what settings works best?

190 degrees, 200m and tick Random UID? Do I need anything else selected?

tylerrice wrote:

So if I have an original nfctag that is empty I can reprogram that to work as a new roll using what settings works best?

You cannot use a tag that the machine has seen before. It remember the ID and until you use enough tags to roll out the older numbers you cannot use them again.

carl_m1968 wrote:
tylerrice wrote:

You cannot use a tag that the machine has seen before. It remember the ID and until you use enough tags to roll out the older numbers you cannot use them again.

Ahh ok easy, I was hoping random UID would change it to make it look like a new tag. I'll get to ordering some new paper tags.

Thanks

It works like charm with my da vinci mini (w).

Thanks a lot.

Could you add option for higher temperature to use PETG ?

balbarius wrote:

Thanks a lot.

The stock hot end cannot handle the Temps needed for PETG. They would damage the hotend.

carl_m1968 wrote:
balbarius wrote:

Thanks a lot.

The stock hot end cannot handle the Temps needed for PETG. They would damage the hotend.

I read on amazon xzy printer comparison chart that da vinci mini can print with PETG since 2018 1Q .
https://www.amazon.com/Vinci-mini-Wirel … dpSrc=srch

That PETG might be a kind of modified one for low temperature.

balbarius wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
balbarius wrote:

Thanks a lot.

I read on amazon xzy printer comparison chart that da vinci mini can print with PETG since 2018 1Q .
https://www.amazon.com/Vinci-mini-Wirel … dpSrc=srch

That PETG might be a kind of modified one for low temperature.

None of the materials that XYZ supplies are standard. They are all lower temp versions of whatever they claim they are. By lower temp I mean 15 to 30 degrees depending on the material. Normal PETG requires around 255. The highest the XYZ hotends can go are 235.

Perhaps somebody could help me understand the NFC Reset flow since information is all over the place with different printers and firmware versions.

I was given an XYZ Da Vinci Jr 1.0 recently, because it was only $80, as a present.
I flashed the firmware to 2.2.4 from 2.2.6.
I printed kr15_uk's NFC Reader 2020 in order to relocate everything, as well as a 2020 Spool Holder to allow for other filament.

Trying to fully understand whether I can continually reset this original NFC tag with the apps or if I will need to buy something else in order to use other filaments.

Thanks.

Reseting the original will most likely not work with recent firmwares. Safest bet would be to buy cheap blank nfc213 stickers from ebay or amazon, write to them with this app and throw them away when empty.
These stickers cost around 50c each... Scan this thread for instructions and faqs.

Confrigid wrote:

Perhaps somebody could help me understand the NFC Reset flow since information is all over the place with different printers and firmware versions.

I was given an XYZ Da Vinci Jr 1.0 recently, because it was only $80, as a present.
I flashed the firmware to 2.2.4 from 2.2.6.
I printed kr15_uk's NFC Reader 2020 in order to relocate everything, as well as a 2020 Spool Holder to allow for other filament.

Trying to fully understand whether I can continually reset this original NFC tag with the apps or if I will need to buy something else in order to use other filaments.

Thanks.

If you have 2.2.6, then I think you will be able to reset your original tags.
I think the firmware was restricted from 2.2.7
Give it a try - you have nothing to lose.

cgrillo wrote:

If you have 2.2.6, then I think you will be able to reset your original tags.
I think the firmware was restricted from 2.2.7
Give it a try - you have nothing to lose.

Yeah, I downgraded to 2.2.4 and I have been resetting the one that came with the printer and it's working fine, I was just worried that it would eventually "run out" of the initial 100m of filament even though it has been reset.
Everything seems to be working well so far though.

Prints have been turning out really nice so far and I'm much happier now that I'm not locked into buying xyz filament.

does anyone have a link to the 3d printable tag that you can stick the  ntag213 stickers to  my searchfu on thingiverse is failing me

Here is new version!

Working as usual with EmuTag, original Tags and blank Tags (Paper Tags).

Whats new:
- added selection of filament material
- added selection of filament color

for EmuTag only
- added more valid UID/signatures

NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.20

http://soliforum.com/i/?DikSelv.png    http://soliforum.com/i/?gY39DeR.png

Post's attachments

NTAG_Refill_Tool_v1.20.zip 2.6 mb, 127 downloads since 2018-06-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

95 (edited by discgolfer72 2018-06-04 03:27:29)

modfreakz wrote:

Here is new version!

Working as usual with EmuTag, original Tags and blank Tags (Paper Tags).

Whats new:
- added selection of filament material
- added selection of filament color

for EmuTag only
- added more valid UID/signatures

NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.20

http://soliforum.com/i/?DikSelv.png    http://soliforum.com/i/?gY39DeR.png

previous version  worked great  but the new version wont let me select  size  and only let me select  temperature after playing around with the different  types/colors

im using ntag stickers

edit ……
well went ahead and tried to program a tag and it works and auto set it to 300    , just does not give a length option until after I program the tag

I am using NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.10, with a XYZ Junior 1.0  Firmware 2.2.0 - Samsung Note 4 Android.

I purchased a batch of NTAG213 stickers and successfully programmed them.  I was able to use the tag info function on the printer and confirm they were "full" with 200m or 300m as programmed.

I used one 200m tag to 107m remaining, and wanted to switch temp.  I tried another tag (that was previously recognized) and it was not "unrecognized".  Then went thru all 10 that I programmed, all are no longer recognized. 

I can put back the 107M remaining tag and it works fine, but all of the others are unrecognized.  I tried programming a fresh tag and it's refused as well.

Any ideas???

Is the UID on all 10 TAGs the same? Clones?

On the tag you used to 107m, you may have to also have to increment the last byte on page 09 by one in order for it to work. On your version of the firmware you should not have any issues except possibly have to increment  last byte on page 09.

That may have been my problem.  I selected the random serial number option and re-generated the tags.  They seem to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

- Gary

modfreakz wrote:

Is the UID on all 10 TAGs the same? Clones?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1362022

discgolfer72 wrote:

does anyone have a link to the 3d printable tag that you can stick the  ntag213 stickers to  my searchfu on thingiverse is failing me