Re: Android App for resetting/writing blank ntags

GEK wrote:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1362022

discgolfer72 wrote:

does anyone have a link to the 3d printable tag that you can stick the  ntag213 stickers to  my searchfu on thingiverse is failing me

lol that's it  thanks

NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.20   

has some secret to install because I can not install on any android phones.

103 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-06-17 03:46:41)

hollp wrote:

NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.20   

It's an APK. Download it to your phone or tablet. Thenou just need to go into your security settings and set it to allow installs from unknown sources. Then just click the APK and it should ask if you want to install it with Android installer. You would say yes.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
hollp wrote:

NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.20   

It's an APK. Download it to your phone or tablet. Thenou just need to go into your security settings and set it to allow installs from unknown sources. Then just click the APK and it should ask if you want to install it with Android installer. You would say yes.

the biggest problem that he installs most at the time of opening the program he gives an error and closes. this happens on Android 7 and 8. I do not know what to do to open the program.

hollp wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
hollp wrote:

NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.20   

Just tried it on my Moto Z2 and it works fine. You might want to make sure that you have no apps in the background. Also disable anti-virus just to make sure it is not a problem.

the biggest problem that he installs most at the time of opening the program he gives an error and closes. this happens on Android 7 and 8. I do not know what to do to open the program.

Hello,
Just want to tell thanks for this specially madman907 , I was going to sell my Jr,
and today I create a new tag 300m 210° and works like any original smile

Again thanks!

107 (edited by thatkinglouie 2018-06-20 14:53:19)

newbie here and I didn't know the full extent of how locked in I would be when I bought a da vinci mini W smh....then again I did only pay 100$ brand new in box locally (guess I should've known better). so from my understanding from the tons and tons of info here (head is still spinning). theoretically I should be able to buy 3rd party filament, buy blank NFC213 tags, write them using this app and compatible NFC phone and I should be able to use 3rd party filament? I'm not sure how to check from what firmware the printer is on but I imagine it's on the newest firmware. so that means I won't be able to reset or refill anything? in all honesty just making new tags seems a hell of a lot easier. so I just set how many meters and the temp and create new tag? if it's that's simple, much respect to all the devs that helped reverse engineer these printers.

thatkinglouie wrote:

newbie here and I didn't know the full extent of how locked in I would be when I bought a da vinci mini W smh....then again I did only pay 100$ brand new in box locally (guess I should've known better). so from my understanding from the tons and tons of info here (head is still spinning). theoretically I should be able to buy 3rd party filament, buy blank NFC213 tags, write them using this app and compatible NFC phone and I should be able to use 3rd party filament? I'm not sure how to check from what firmware the printer is on but I imagine it's on the newest firmware. so that means I won't be able to reset or refill anything? in all honesty just making new tags seems a hell of a lot easier. so I just set how many meters and the temp and create new tag? if it's that's simple, much respect to all the devs that helped reverse engineer these printers.

If your firmware is 2.2.7 or above you will not be able to use this method.

109 (edited by thatkinglouie 2018-06-20 16:26:48)

carl_m1968 wrote:
thatkinglouie wrote:

not even making new tags? so what are my options or am I SOL? how do I check the firmware? currently using the Mac version of xyzware and to reiterate I want to program new tags and not try to reset or refill anything

thatkinglouie wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
thatkinglouie wrote:

not even making new tags? so what are my options or am I SOL? how do I check the firmware? currently using the Mac version of xyzware and to reiterate I want to program new tags and not try to reset or refill anything

Firmware version should be shown on the screen when the machine starts. As for your options just read the many threads here. I go the information about the firmware version in this thread a few pages back. You might want to start from page one and read through the thread. Could be a reason the unit was so cheap. Maybe seller new about this block and just wanted to dump it.

111 (edited by thatkinglouie 2018-06-20 21:06:17)

carl_m1968 wrote:
thatkinglouie wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

Firmware version should be shown on the screen when the machine starts. As for your options just read the many threads here. I go the information about the firmware version in this thread a few pages back. You might want to start from page one and read through the thread. Could be a reason the unit was so cheap. Maybe seller new about this block and just wanted to dump it.

I have a da vinci mini (wireless) there's no screen and this is the info of the machine.

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 3.51.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 3.51.16 PM.png 69.38 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Your version is 1.0.8

carl_m1968 wrote:

Your version is 1.0.8

hmmm I see other users saying they can create new tags with the app

thatkinglouie wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

Your version is 1.0.8

hmmm I see other users saying they can create new tags with the app

Your version is below the version I said would be an issue. Just make sure it is never allowed to upgrade or you will get the firmware that will break it.

The mini has always been "crippled", it's only the early Jr's (f/w below 2.2.6) that can use reset tags.

Paper tags can be used in ALL printers that use the NFC tags.

116 (edited by thatkinglouie 2018-06-21 15:47:40)

cgrillo wrote:

The mini has always been "crippled", it's only the early Jr's (f/w below 2.2.6) that can use reset tags.

thanks for the response. I knew off the bat that I couldn't reset after a bit of reading. my main question was whether if I could program new paper tags. I kinda want to upgrade the firmware or  new paper tags limited to certain firmwares as well?

thatkinglouie wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

thanks for the response. I knew off the bat that I couldn't reset after a bit of reading. my main question was whether if I could program new paper tags. I kinda want to upgrade the firmware or  new paper tags limited to certain firmwares as well?

Although, this is a better and permanent solution
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16626/da … d-cycling/

Thank you all for your research and development, i have a da vinci mini w and i was so close to throwing it away cause i couldn't print and nfc tags are stupid( just my opinion) but got it working thanks to this fourm and post

So ive just gotten new ntag213 and tried to input what I thought was correct, my printer sees 9999m of filement but it does not see if its PLA please helphttp://soliforum.com/i/?iNqNRHe.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?MxZOT0W.jpg

I have the Mini W+ (its black if that makes a difference.. all the ones I see on youtube are orange?) and have tried several tags with both app version 1.10 and 1.20 and every time I get an error and xyzprint tells me to please insert genuine filament... I have triple checked I am using ntag213.. I have not removed the tag from the reader... I've tried every combination of settings available...

Anyone have any idea what it is I am doing wrong here?....

strave.vane wrote:

I have the Mini W+ (its black if that makes a difference.. all the ones I see on youtube are orange?) and have tried several tags with both app version 1.10 and 1.20 and every time I get an error and xyzprint tells me to please insert genuine filament... I have triple checked I am using ntag213.. I have not removed the tag from the reader... I've tried every combination of settings available...

Anyone have any idea what it is I am doing wrong here?....

Try the app-version in the first post. Choose 200m and 180 deg. Use a sticker the printer hasnt seen before and give it a go. Check back if its still not working. Post your printers firmware version also.

Try the app-version in the first post. Choose 200m and 180 deg. Use a sticker the printer hasnt seen before and give it a go. Check back if its still not working. Post your printers firmware version also.

I dont know my firmware because no matter what I do I can't get xyzware to connect to my printer... tho xyzmake and print work just fine tho I dont see anywhere that will tell me any info on my printer...

I did get it to work tho by going in and blocking all three .exe's in windows firewall (xyzmaker.exe, xyzprint.exe, and xyzware.exe) and after making a new tag with app v1.10 it printed a small 2 minute test piece I had... so either my printer calls home to check serials or it was just an extreme coincidence and every other tag I tried was bad? and the one i happened to try after I killed its internet access was good I dont know.. I haven't made another one yet because its working now and i dont want to jinx it... lol Ill see out what happens in 200m

Thank you!!

Many Thank! i try to find so many way to run with better filament

I suspect that the latest printer firmware for mini checks filament serial number against their database before print. It recognized my new tags made from android app, but when it starts printing it would just stop and tell me to install genuine filament. Later I just turn off my wifi and it works again tongue And just blocking xyz website common domains in /etc/hosts is not enough.

Owns a DaVinci mini

zheli wrote:

I suspect that the latest printer firmware for mini checks filament serial number against their database before print. It recognized my new tags made from android app, but when it starts printing it would just stop and tell me to install genuine filament. Later I just turn off my wifi and it works again tongue And just blocking xyz website common domains in /etc/hosts is not enough.

It will remember any spool that has been loaded and was marked as empty by the machine. You cannot reuse such a serial number until the internal count reaches 100 and the first one gets pushed out of memory then you can go back and use that number again..