Re: Android App for resetting/writing blank ntags

Ello all. New to this whole create new tag:) I have a davinci jr1.0... the big orange box haha. Anyway, a user has referred me to this thread. From what i am gathering, i can not reset paper tags because the printer stores the serial code in its memory for 100 uses?

Next item of business. My printer is currently printing at 216C according to the read out on the screen. Would i create a tag using 200m with 210C?

Which tags do i need to buy from amazon for the USA? i have seen alot of numbers thrown around.

Last 2 questions, i hope haha:)

My main goal is to just be able to use the last 200 feet or so of left over filiment. Once that is gone, i can remove the tag and allow my printer to read the chip in my new filiment since i paid for it, then once it is "gone" i can then replace the tag i created and use the left over?

If i wanted to use a third party filiment such as hatchbox or any other brand, how do you create tags for them? some have odd temp settings

thank you for taking the time to create the app, read my questions and respond to them. It is highly appreciated. My next goal is to be able to increase printer hheight to 10 inches somehow haha

thanks again

OMG IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WORKED.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WORKED FOR ME!

AHHHHHHH I AM SO FREAKING PUMPED AND EXCITED I'M RUNNING LAPS AROUND MY APARTMENT AND SCREAMING MY HEAD OFF!!!!!

THAN YOU SO SO SO SO FREAKING MUCH FOR THIS APP AND EVERYONE'S COMMENT'S.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://soliforum.com/i/?Lmh1IFA.jpg

Is there a way to do this without an Android phone? All I have are apple phones, I can get a Arduino or raspberry pi pretty cheap and an rfid reader but all the android phones are in the many hundreds of dollars which is beyond my budget.

motome wrote:

Is there a way to do this without an Android phone? All I have are apple phones, I can get a Arduino or raspberry pi pretty cheap and an rfid reader but all the android phones are in the many hundreds of dollars which is beyond my budget.

You can buy an Android phone or Android tablet on Ebay for under $100. It only needs to have wifi working and RFID.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Hello,

Thank you, your application is very good smile

Is it possible to have the choice to "remove a length" filament?

This is for the PLA 750g (250m), I would like to create a new TAG with 300m-50m = 250m

Thank you smile

Thanks a ton! Going to use it so I can use Amazon Basics pla on my da vinci mini w big_smile

Hello together,

are there improvements for using PETG? My da vinci mini w print original PETG with 224°C. I think about testing amazon basics PETG filament. Does anyone have experience, especially with regard to temperatures?

greeting KS

Hi All,

I'm currently using the NTAG Refill Tool to successfully create NFC tags for use on my Da Vinci Mini w+.  It is currently running firmware version 1.0.4, but the latest is 1.0.7.  Has anyone confirmed that firmware version 1.0.7 works with homemade NFC stickers?  I would like to upgrade but am afraid that it'll render my 3rd party filament useless.

Thanks!

Hello!

I have NTAG213 "paper" tags. I've tried several tags on 3 different android phones, with 3 different versions of NtagRefillTool and even with reeltool. All I get is:

http://soliforum.com/i/?iSj8DFZ.jpg

Other NFC tools show that the tags ARE being written with something. However, the filament is never recognized.
Any ideas? Thanks!

blobby1 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm currently using the NTAG Refill Tool to successfully create NFC tags for use on my Da Vinci Mini w+.  It is currently running firmware version 1.0.4, but the latest is 1.0.7.  Has anyone confirmed that firmware version 1.0.7 works with homemade NFC stickers?  I would like to upgrade but am afraid that it'll render my 3rd party filament useless.

Thanks!

I think it is possible to revert back to old firmware version now

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16879/da … ag-access/

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

monoamiga wrote:

Hello!

I have NTAG213 "paper" tags. I've tried several tags on 3 different android phones, with 3 different versions of NtagRefillTool and even with reeltool. All I get is:

http://soliforum.com/i/?iSj8DFZ.jpg

Other NFC tools show that the tags ARE being written with something. However, the filament is never recognized.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Have these tags already been used in your printer. If so, you are out of luck. The paper tags can only be used one time.

162 (edited by monoamiga 2018-10-29 18:20:06)

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Have these tags already been used in your printer. If so, you are out of luck. The paper tags can only be used one time.

No! These are brand new tags! Just bought them. Why does the tool say "EmuTAG" anyway??? It seems the NTAG Refill Tool works ONLY with EmuTAG (at least according to the alert it keeps displaying).

monoamiga wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:

No! These are brand new tags! Just bought them. Why does the tool say "EmuTAG" anyway??? It seems the NTAG Refill Tool works ONLY with EmuTAG (at least according to the alert it keeps displaying).

Are you using the correct tool? There is an actual EmuTAG that is an electronic tag emulator that has an appthat sets it up. Then there is also an app that resets the paper tags the value you want to use. Since you are not showing the title bar or the full app we have no way of knowing if you are using the correct app or not.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Are you using the correct tool? There is an actual EmuTAG that is an electronic tag emulator that has an app that sets it up. Then there is also an app that resets the paper tags the value you want to use. Since you are not showing the title bar or the full app we have no way of knowing if you are using the correct app or not.

I know what EmuTAG is and I believe I downloaded a correct software, but now I'm not sure anymore. This is what I've been trying to use:

https://my.hidrive.com/share/0g2q.7uge7#$/

165 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-10-30 21:18:37)

monoamiga wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

Are you using the correct tool? There is an actual EmuTAG that is an electronic tag emulator that has an app that sets it up. Then there is also an app that resets the paper tags the value you want to use. Since you are not showing the title bar or the full app we have no way of knowing if you are using the correct app or not.

I know what EmuTAG is and I believe I downloaded a correct software, but now I'm not sure anymore. This is what I've been trying to use:

https://my.hidrive.com/share/0g2q.7uge7#$/

Is that the the tool from the link at the bottom of the first post on the first page of this thread? Sorry I don't click strange links from share sites. The real app is attached to the first post on the first page as an APK you have to install on your phone or android device that has NFC hardware.

166 (edited by Bozotclown1970 2018-10-30 22:06:28)

Carl_m1968 is correct. We need to know what you are using to try and update the tags with, your phone or a nano?

This is what you need if you are trying to use a nano http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16946/fr … ank-ntags/

Just saw you are trying yo use your phone. It appears as you are not using the app from from this forum.

167 (edited by monoamiga 2018-10-31 12:44:54)

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

It appears as you are not using the app from from this forum.

This is not true, since I've found that app here, in this thread:

modfreakz wrote:

Here is new version!

Working as usual with EmuTag, original Tags and blank Tags (Paper Tags).

Whats new:
- added selection of filament material
- added selection of filament color

for EmuTag only
- added more valid UID/signatures

NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.20

http://soliforum.com/i/?DikSelv.png    http://soliforum.com/i/?gY39DeR.png

And yeah, sorry, my fault, it is not a link from the first post, but it is still from THIS thread. I thought it was the same app.

I'm trying to use an android phone to write blank NTAG213 paper tags, as I said in my original post:

monoamiga wrote:

I have NTAG213 "paper" tags. I've tried several tags on 3 different android phones, with 3 different versions of NtagRefillTool and even with reeltool.

I'm still missing something (?)...

I have tried the "Reeltool" from the first post as well. It also returns an error saying "transceive failed". The tags are blank, brand new, NTAG213. And it's not the phone, I've tried three different ones already with the same result.

Also:

modfreakz wrote:

Working as usual with EmuTag, original Tags and blank Tags (Paper Tags).

So why do I get a message saying "Not an EmuTAG or locked EmuTAG"??? Does the app work ONLY with EmuTAGs despite what modfreakz said?

Are you using the Generate or refill buttons? With the EMUTAGS you would also update the TAGID which you cannot do with paper tags. You must use the refill button.

169 (edited by allthings3dart 2018-11-01 18:19:45)

A couple of weeks ago I purchased 5 tags from ebay, they work fine. But today I downloaded the apk files from here (thank you :-)) stuck it in my phone and installed it. Just out of curiosity I got one of the tags that I purchased that had about 30 metres left on it and used the program I got from here, I clicked on the reset button and BAM! I now have another 300 metres haha lovely!
Big thanks to the geniuses here.

Nah the printer wasn't having it, telling me I need to use a proper XYZ reel. soddem thats what I say. Good news I have ordered some blank paper tags so that should keep me going for a while.

HI, with the paper tags you can use any 3rd party PLA filament, and may I recommend HTPAL from Proto Pasta, this stuff is STRONG! and you can even get filament that can smell like coffee or even bacon haha. You put the sticker on the reel, dead easy mate. Enjoy!

jinzou ningen wrote:

Hello everyone, I have some questions. Yesterday, my main 3d printer wanhao duplicator i3 broke and it will take a while to repair it, I have a spare xyz da vinci mini w I bought as second printer but I haven't used it much ahah. Well, I want to do  this sort of mod, and here the questions:
1. Besides the NTAG213 Tags Sticker, do I only need a nfc compatible smartphone, right?
Do these stickers work?
https://www.amazon.it/Fongwah-adesivi-N … &psc=1
https://www.amazon.it/10-NFC-Sticker-NT … ds=ntag213

the second ones cost less (2 euro difference, not much), will they work or I better to stay with the ones on the first link?

2. Once I have done the procedure with the phone, where I need to put the sticker? 

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, with these stickers, I will be able to use 3rd filaments, right? So I can use no-brand filaments I used with the wanhao i3, right? big_smile

4.My printer mounts the  firmware 1.9, in case it will update the firmware, do this method still work?
Thanks.

allthings3dart wrote:

HI, with the paper tags you can use any 3rd party PLA filament, and may I recommend HTPAL from Proto Pasta, this stuff is STRONG! and you can even get filament that can smell like coffee or even bacon haha. You put the sticker on the reel, dead easy mate. Enjoy!

jinzou ningen wrote:

Hello everyone, I have some questions. Yesterday, my main 3d printer wanhao duplicator i3 broke and it will take a while to repair it, I have a spare xyz da vinci mini w I bought as second printer but I haven't used it much ahah. Well, I want to do  this sort of mod, and here the questions:
1. Besides the NTAG213 Tags Sticker, do I only need a nfc compatible smartphone, right?
Do these stickers work?
https://www.amazon.it/Fongwah-adesivi-N … &psc=1
https://www.amazon.it/10-NFC-Sticker-NT … ds=ntag213

the second ones cost less (2 euro difference, not much), will they work or I better to stay with the ones on the first link?

2. Once I have done the procedure with the phone, where I need to put the sticker? 

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, with these stickers, I will be able to use 3rd filaments, right? So I can use no-brand filaments I used with the wanhao i3, right? big_smile

4.My printer mounts the  firmware 1.9, in case it will update the firmware, do this method still work?
Thanks.

You should shop around. Protopasta is way overpriced. If you have a Microcenter in your area, their house brand (Midland) is very good and is my go to brand at $15 per spool for PLA and $20 for PETG.

I thought microcenter in house brand is Inland. Midland is not a bad name though if they decided to change.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

yizhou.he wrote:

I thought microcenter in house brand is Inland. Midland is not a bad name though if they decided to change.

Thanks for the correction, it is Inland and as far as PETG and PLA go I have had no problems. Stay away from the stuff Frys sells called Shaxon though. It will clog as it is a a mix of materials.

I can confirm that Inland is good brand, and lots of positive feedback on facebook group too. I also like their filament box, very good to keep all small parts organized. It will be nice if there is not a whole on it, but still works for most tools and printed parts. Other brand filament I have to throw away the box, big waste.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Are you using the Generate or refill buttons? With the EMUTAGS you would also update the TAGID which you cannot do with paper tags. You must use the refill button.

Thanks!
Although I do not have the "refill" button! There's only "generate"... What's wrong?