1 (edited by greenRobot 2016-02-06 21:21:59)

Topic: Solidoodle Business Ethics

No help desk at support.solidoodle.com
The help desk configured at this address is no longer available.

Like many of you,I ordered stuff from their site, they took my money, never sent me the order. never got a refund.
the press printer never worked correctly it basically defective. was a completely fraudulent product.

In the end solidoodle just takes your money and sells you garbage they know does not work. 
This is called a scam. The pattern is almost like a ponzie scheme.

Anyone here have any additional information? on what the legal side looks like for all the customers that got
robbed  by these criminals?

Isnt this called fraud ? So they take peoples money and there is no way to reach them.
no phone numbers, cant reach any person, all email attempts dont work.

Can anyone living in N.Y , confirm if the storage space where the office is claimed address is legit ?

Is there not any legal justice for everyone that has been ripped off?
Don't people go to prison for stealing ? Justice anyone , or do we all consider this ok?

I understand they are a start-up but there is a very clear line when a companies actions
start breaking the law.

If they can no longer operate as a business. then they should be transparent about it.
And immediately stop accepting credit card transactions. They cant full fill.
charging unsuspecting customers and then never delivering is a crime.

For me I will never do business with solidoodle. where is the business ethics in all this.

Re: Solidoodle Business Ethics

If you have not received your printer ask your credit card company to reverse the charge

SD2 - mirror bed - e3d v6 - extruder cooling fan - no enclosure.

greenRobot wrote:

Like many of you, they took my money, never sent me the order. never got a refund.
Printer never worked correctly it was a completely fraudulent product.
solidoodle just takes your money and sells you garbage they know does not work.

Aside from the "legality" or "illegality" of it all, what I don't understand is where you, personally fit into this.  In one sentence you say, "they took my money, never sent me the order", then in the next sentence you said the "printer never worked correctly". 

So which one is it?

Did you get a printer but are unhappy with the way it works, or never got the printer and want a refund??

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

4 (edited by carl_m1968 2016-02-06 18:22:23)

pirvan wrote:
greenRobot wrote:

Like many of you, they took my money, never sent me the order. never got a refund.
Printer never worked correctly it was a completely fraudulent product.
solidoodle just takes your money and sells you garbage they know does not work.

Aside from the "legality" or "illegality" of it all, what I don't understand is where you, personally fit into this.  In one sentence you say, "they took my money, never sent me the order", then in the next sentence you said the "printer never worked correctly". 

Did you get a printer but are unhappy with the way it works, or never got the printer and want a refund??

I was going to ask about the contradiction myself. Maybe they needed a part and never considered open source?
So which one is it?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

5 (edited by greenRobot 2016-02-06 21:53:39)

pirvan, Thanks for your reply, Sorry my english is not my native touge.

There is no doubt that what is happening to solidoodle is a business tragedy.
However, The point I am trying to make. is that we all know they are in a crises. its obvious but it does not automatically provide them with a justification to steal from people.

In my case i was swindled by solidoodle early on more than once.
Since I wanted them to succeed I didnt mind paying the premiums their business model added into their costs.
In general I thought solidoodle was amazing. I own 3 myself, In the beginning like many people here, I purchased a printer and when it did arrive it was broken.
I understood the technology was new, its not like I dont know what I was getting into.

No the printer was broken. ( no working ) paid good money for what was portrayed as a working 3d printer.
Yes conflict in the expected outcome in my purchase based on what was advertised.

I naturally attempted many times to contact them to tell them about this defect which for a beginning company like is common no big deal just get a replacement. and fix the out of order situation right?

Since I paid for their warranty which stated repairs or fixes, this sound fair.
well the result is they simply ignore you and what few response you manage to get out of them they end up never delivering. My conclusion is well its a scam then.

Its been so long now waiting for a response, I am a tinker, Iall just hack it now. I concluded I was swindled.Fine.I can accept that. But not happily.

But when I looked around the web and found many other people who where swindled too, one cant help but feel anger.
And the best I can do now is to help others avoid what happen to me.

I order many things from their website such as parts/abs which never received .
If you read the threads you will find that many people have experienced the same.

Anyway I am done with solidooldle they are thieves and liers.

I opened this thread because I am wondering what everyone else thinks.
And by the way this is not about using open source, or calling the credit card company.
I will back a company using open source , I support that business model anytime.
And credit card company wise, now I have to go down that path clearly.

This is about what is right and what is wrong. From a business ethics stand point.
Thousands of people have been basically scammed.
As I said, if solidoodle is going bankrupt, many startups do.
If solidoodle can no longer operate normal business operations.

They should:
Stop accepting credit card transactions.ASAP
Be transparent enough to communicate to the customer base, through social media ,what is going on.
hell maybe crowd sourcing can even pull them out of their mess. but once trust is violated like this.I doubt it.

Currently they do not answer emails or phone calls if you place in order they will charge your credit card.
and they will never send the purchased items.

Bottom Line.
When people give you their hard earned money in exchange for a product or service.
And then you as a business fail to take care of the customer. your business deserves to fail.
it is the principle.

And it is looks like like solidoodle is going to fail or already has.
Goodbye shitty solidoodle printers. with shitty customer service and false claims.
feel sorry for them but to a very small small point now.

Clearly what they are doing is illegal and fraudulent.
I say legality, lol Sarcam never translates well as they say : ) .

But the statement stands. yes what business rule allows for all this ? where is the business sense.
based on penal codes in N.Y they are easily in violation of many sections.

Forget about me, Solidoodle has not officially responded to the thousands of people who expected a shipment they never fulfilled it.
so can we classify this a legal or illegal are they getting away with it, how does this work exactly. 

As for where "I personally stand in this"  I will not do business again with them. I share my story.
-I will warn others so they dont get ripped off.

And I opened this thread in the effort to stimulate discussion so others can find some context.

like everyone here I m passionately addicted to 3d printing and the amazing things going for it.
mass society wise the economic positive impact is huge, essentially bringing even more wealth to the general stock
of human life improvements with that of the internet for example.

when you have a 3d printer you suddenly inherently have more wealth as a result.
wealth is not necessarily always economic, a 3d printer multiplies your opportunity to solve
issues in your life and in the world. it has an enormous return ratio.

I think its ethically and morally wrong to steal from DIY communities.
People who buy low cost 3d printers open source or not, are tinkers DIYers,creative hackers.
Engineers, progress is made by this kind of culture.

So bringing the business ethics "legality" and "illegality" of it all back to the table.

sorry for my English.

What do you think about all this ?

Your rant got a bit long there, but I think everyone agrees with you that Solidoodle cut corners from the start and has not handled things all that well.  If you paid for something and it was not rendered to you, then you are entitled to a refund.  If the company does not provide a refund they are doing something illegal.  Enforcing this depends on your situation.  Contact Solidoodle, your credit card company or paypal.  Save any communications you have with solidoodle as evidence of the fact that they are noncompliant.  Good luck.

Solidoodle started by offering a $500 preassembled printer* in 2012, which no one else at the time was doing, and maybe you still can't do better today than an SD2 from 2012 in the preassembled category, in my opinion.  Since 2012, the competition from other 3D printer startups and maybe their outsourcing of the SD Press made things very difficult for Solidoodle.  From here, it looks like Solidoodle is going under.

*some proportion of these printers worked out of the box.  other didn't.  but the design was highly amenable to modification and thus spawned this community.

SD2 Sanguinololu 1.3a atmega1284p, wood platform, lawsy's carriages, braided fishing line, pallet wood overhead spool mount, carboard/magnet enclosure, glass bed, E3D v6, bed levelling knobs, extended z-stop, 25A DC-DC SSR for bed heater, everything fixed to the SD2 frame, marlin firmware with some adjustments and extra failsafes enabled.  I'll never give up on you, little printer that could(n't)!

this topic did not need started as its been a topic for over a year as you alreay know here http://www.soliforum.com/topic/12450/qu … e-company/

and they are not a 'startup' only their last big screwup was sorta one that they duped people to buy into 6 months b4 ready to ship and since have continued that way even with products NOT made in Chine but in their own shop. they been making 3D printers low cost for many years and sold thousands and had much better customer service once upon a time B4 the big bad Panda bear got them ;^P and the last year or so many 3D printer makers have also bit the dust and left customers/investers high and dry with nary a Sympathy card. they also learned long ago how to ignor customers on their facebook site and web sites.

lesson 1. in any Business that grows fast. it dies faster once it makes a few bad mistakes. and one that most small companies make is NOT incorporating so that disgruntled Wives etc dont snuff it out b4 it takes off. another is getting China as a partner, then anything owner/management does to scam potential and current customers with promises you never fulfill no matter whos fault it is then treat employees like Tampons when you have used them up.

these 'mistakes' sum up like 90% of the affore mentioned 3D printer makers. most just dont care to cleanup whats left over and stop the bleeding of more customers once TSHTF

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

8 (edited by vivi 2016-02-17 09:39:31)

Hi greenRobot. I think you asked for my opinion in this thread here: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/12450/qu … ny/page/6/

So here it is:

Legally speaking there are several options to protect the consumer from the US. Refund/chargeback aside, there are two other options that would put Solidoodle Inc. on its knees and prevent such things from happening in the future and browsing the forum I see it has already been mentioned before, so I blame most users in this forum and the whole solidoodle community as much as I blame the company.
Contacting Better Business Bureau is one option I see finally some people have went to but there are a handful of other government agencies which could be notified of these illegal activities be sending a consumer complaint letter to each. I haven't because I'm not from US.
eg. http://www.ag.ny.gov/bureau/consumer-frauds-bureau

Solidoodle has always been a makerbot-wannable company that leeched off of crowdsourcing money and pretending to be a startup and also leeching off of the open source community by taking open source material and turning them closed source /commercial after slight modifications. I don't know if there's a word which defines such behavior of close sourcing modified open source and not giving anything back but all I can say it disgusts me. They seem to have finally released some of the firmware open source source code which they were legally obliged to by the oprne source GPL license in the first place.

And I blame this forum for so many more people who wasted money/time needlessly. All was needed was to have a large warning linking to a forum/blog post about the shady situation on Solidoodle. I once mentioned that even keeping the name Soliforum and associating with Solidoodle inc. is a bad idea, but at least you could put a disclaimer about the current situation. But no, that thread with the post from former employee is not even stickied.

On top of that every time Solidoodle would screw up some users would come along and suggest to fix the issue with the poor product. Helping for free is great and all and I do that too but most of you crossed the line even here, fixing broken products by Solidoodle instead of letting costumers complain to Solidoodle and make it clear to them that most of their customers are not satisfied, which resulted in them continuing to provide the same shitty products and service and even getting worse. Because every single time they screwed up you guys tried cleaning up their mess. You made newcomers feel like this is the nature of 3d printers which clearly isn't the case. This much loyalty doesn't make any sense.

Why am I here? I just wanted to check if Solidoodle is finally officially dead and noticed your post. I'm perfectly happy helping people with their mostly printer-agnostic questions at Stack Exchange. I help people with their printers at SE, but best way to help people with Solidoodle is to tell them to get their money and buy something else. I believed that years ago and still do. I guess some of you will finally agree with me and to those who still disagree with all this I don't have anything else to say...

Ok, I think a few people need to take a step back and actually understand what this forum community is & is not... it is clearly stated in the Forum News & Announcements in a stickied post: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/2041/sol … uidelines/ (Very first forum topic, very first post - if you take the time to actually read things...)

of specific note:

What is SoliForum?

SoliForum is an independent community created to share ideas and creations that others can reproduce and improve on.

What SoliForum is NOT

SoliForum is not owned or operated by Solidoodle, and as such is not an official forum.

Blaming the community members here for what is happening with Solidoodle, the company, is just plain WRONG!

It should also be noted that many here HAVE suggested folks try to get their money back for unfulfilled purchases via charge-backs on CCs and through the banking the institutions that purchases were made through, and have also suggested NOT attempting to purchase anything else from Solidoodle.

For those that did actually receive their printers and do not wish to try returning them and ending up with nothing (including no refund), the kind members here have attempted to help those folks get those printers up and running satisfactorily.

I have not seen anyone in this community praise Solidoodle, or recommend purchasing one of these machines - in fact, usually the opposite is true. What I have seen is people that are willing to help if you already have one and want to get it operating as well as possible.

And for the record, if I see someone asking about Solidoodle, say on one of the Facebook groups I belong to, I do tell them of the current problems with the company, and recommend they look elsewhere. As much as I like our SD4s, I will not recommend any of the SD printers as a "new" purchase. Buying used, however, is different.

As for the forum name? It was created years ago - before all of the problems started... trying to change it would be a royal PITA to say the least.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

10 (edited by AZERATE 2016-02-18 18:40:27)

Well said, Heartless.

The thought of changing the name of Soliforum creates many issues. First of all, this site is a staple for 3DP online communities. Second, this site is owned and operated by one generous man. Third, nothing is stopping anyone from opening their own site to host discussions. By that logic, with such successful threads like Filastruder, XYZ, and Atlas, this should be called Solifilastruderxyzatlasandsuch.com. That hopefully will never happen smile

At this time, I would like to thank all members of this community.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

11 (edited by vivi 2016-02-18 17:51:51)

AZERATE wrote:

By that logic, with such successful threads like Filastruder, XYZ, and Atlas, this should be called Solifilastruderxyzatlasandsuch.com.

WTF even, Azerate? By "what logic"?
There are dozens of 3d printer forums and general home manufacturing forums (3d printer, CNC, etc.) with short and simple names.

heartless wrote:

Blaming the community members here for what is happening with Solidoodle, the company, is just plain WRONG!

Nobody is blaming the community for what is happening *in the company*, nor do you need to tell me that Soliforum is not an official forum.
What I am blaming *some* of the members here for is suggesting for newcomers to fix their essentially broken product instead of getting a refund time and time again and indirectly contributing to the Solidoodle inc. becoming what they are today because they didn't get as much negative feedback as they could have. And I'm also blaming this forum for not making a clear sticky, announcement or similar any visitor could see about the current situation with Solidoodle.
I was very clear on what I meant, but here's a reprhasing.

Solidoodle has always been aware of customer dissatisfaction to the point that long response times from customer service have been attributed to the volume of complaints they had to deal with.    Now of course, lack of response is due to no one being home.  People who have been here awhile are reluctant to advise getting a refund, because that has often proven to be more difficult than just fixing the printer.  Customers have requested refunds, sent the printer back, and ended up with no refund, and no printer to fix instead.

The best recommendation has been chargebacks because that seems to be the one thing that will prompt an immediate response.  That's more for printers never received rather than broken printers.

vivi wrote:

What I am blaming *some* of the members here for is suggesting for newcomers to fix their essentially broken product.

That comes with the territory when it comes to this tech. Learn it or find another hobby/production facility that knows how to print. This statement is not meant to offend...everyone starts somewhere and this forum has had no shortage of veterans volunteering their time.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

14 (edited by vivi 2016-02-18 18:53:35)

Well that is simply not true. The idea that you need to understand everything about your 3d printer to be able to use it might be true for Solidoodle and few other companies but it's not universally true. And this is the problem I'm talking about, some of you make such statements and some other people who are newcomers believe it to be the case and give up the idea of getting a better pritner because they think it is the "nature" of 3d printers and others will have the same issues.

Even if it was true, there's a line which needs to be crossed. Quickly dying underpowered PSUs, poor/weak mechanical parts, undersized heating elements,  badly calibrated machines fresh from the factory... all these are not the nature of 3d printers, these are the nature of shitty brands which should be avoided.

People tend to do their homework before buying a product, and in the case of a Solidoodle, folks would invariably come to this site; and it is VERY CLEAR even to the unitiated that Solidoodle products have some issues.  Many are issues of normal calibrations, steps/mm, and other settings that need to be understood and tweaked by the user.  Other issues have been more major and require refitting and rebuilding.

If after you have read the feedback from this forum and decided to purchase a Solidoodle product, then you were well aware of the issues.  What Ian and the other members have stated above is correct...at this point in time you are better off fixing it and having a printer that works (and will usually work very well) versus chasing a refund that you will probably never receive.

As far as "understanding everything about your printer" being the nature of the tech at the moment, please enlighten the rest of us as to which printers prove this to be untrue...I have a friend with a $30,000 Stratasys that has been down for repairs for the last 3 weeks.  Someday the tech will get there...

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

16 (edited by vivi 2016-02-18 20:10:48)

IronMan wrote:

People tend to do their homework before buying a product, and in the case of a Solidoodle, folks would invariably come to this site; and it is VERY CLEAR even to the unitiated that Solidoodle products have some issues.  Many are issues of normal calibrations, steps/mm, and other settings that need to be understood and tweaked by the user.  Other issues have been more major and require refitting and rebuilding.

If after you have read the feedback from this forum and decided to purchase a Solidoodle product, then you were well aware of the issues.

This is a forum, not a Q&A or a manual, which means there is a huge amount of information, some of it is contradicting opinions and some of it is useless posts. Nobody finds and scans a whole forum before buying a product, nor has time to. Even if anyone in their right mind did,  as I've already stated there's a lot of contradicting views and info like even in this thread and also as I mentioned some people actually encouraged to get this printer because "it is a learning experience" or similar.

What Ian and the other members have stated above is correct...at this point in time you are better off fixing it and having a printer that works (and will usually work very well) versus chasing a refund that you will probably never receive.

I have already commented on this. Saying it is impossible to receive a refund for a broken product is so not true. You are free to believe it, but it doesn't make it true and you're hurting others by convincing them it's futile.

As far as "understanding everything about your printer" being the nature of the tech at the moment, please enlighten the rest of us as to which printers prove this to be untrue...I have a friend with a $30,000 Stratasys that has been down for repairs for the last 3 weeks.  Someday the tech will get there...

Do not attempt to sound like you're speaking on behalf of everyone else. I don't care if your friend has a $30,000 printer which needs repair, that doesn't prove anything I said wrong, because I never said there are printers which are maintenance free or never get damaged, no product in the world is 100% reliable, but there's a difference between a flat tire and trying to drive a turd.

Me wrote:

Quickly dying underpowered PSUs, poor/weak mechanical parts, undersized heating elements,  badly calibrated machines fresh from the factory... all these are not the nature of 3d printers, these are the nature of shitty brands which should be avoided.

I don't have to repeat myself.

Vivi,
you are obviously unaware of the hundreds of 3D printer manufactures as well as forums that have come and gone world wide the past 3-4 years. even the big brand names like Makerbot have fel aprt many times and let their own forums go. hence many more brands posting on this forum now and Brad and his team have even made pages to acomidate them as well as other languages. there are even more current 3D printer makers dropping like flys as we speak. and lots of other sources for reviews etc of said companies both good and bad. these manufacturers dont care to engage in debates here or anyplace as that leads to even more litigation which is not why they are in business. they delete any objectionable posts on their own sites they operate/d to save face. hopefully the name of this forum draws more victims of Solidoodles ill fate so we can help them salvage as much as possible of their dreams of having their own 3D printer running.

I have watched many youtube videos to support what I have said, one just last night about the failing ibox Nano SLA which was 16mins long a very un-biased review stating how he loved their proof of consept and hoped they could improve its areas falling short on delivery like very poor repeatability in finished prints (like %10 good quality results of same model, and tiny build surface besides the usual issue with SLA printers run at ultra fine detail layers lloonnggggg build times like a tiny model that would take 15mins on an SD2 runs 4.5 hours on the ibox Nano then it may be useless when finished wasting time and material which is more costly than ABS filament btw.

this forum has had many topics on Solidoodles problems the last year and we dont need any more as this is not Solidoodles complaints dept. maybe try their partners in China if NY is not answering ;^)

Mitch

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

WOW!
So to clarify, you blame us (moderators) for not creating a sticky in regards to Solidoodles Financial Situation?
And although many users have had no real issues with their particular machine or difficulty in interacting with Solidoodle, we (the moderators) should advise to all users that Solidoodle is a poor company to deal with?
Further more you are suggesting that we create a separate topic and STICKY it that states a company is out of business when we have no official statement from the company to that affect?

What we do know is their business practices suck.  No one here is arguing that fact.
We know they filed for bankruptcy but that only means financial restructuring by court order.  It doesn't mean they are out of business.

What your telling us is some day when you have a business that is struggling, you'd like some forum to highlight your failures and discourage people from doing business with you?  Maybe you'd also like that forum to choose not to help users that got stuck with a non supported product also.

What this community is:  A great group of smart individuals with a common interest trying to help each other out.  Regardless of the cause of the problem or issue a user is having, we help each other out.

Maybe it's time you looked in the mirror and ask what you can do to help make the community better.  I assure you, blaming us for your anger towards Solidoodle is NOT the right approach.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

vivi wrote:
IronMan wrote:

If after you have read the feedback from this forum and decided to purchase a Solidoodle product, then you were well aware of the issues.

This is a forum, not a Q&A or a manual, which means there is a huge amount of information, some of it is contradicting opinions and some of it is useless posts. Nobody finds and scans a whole forum before buying a product, nor has time to. Even if anyone in their right mind did,  as I've already stated there's a lot of contradicting views and info like even in this thread and also as I mentioned some people actually encouraged to get this printer because "it is a learning experience" or similar.

What Ian and the other members have stated above is correct...at this point in time you are better off fixing it and having a printer that works (and will usually work very well) versus chasing a refund that you will probably never receive.

I have already commented on this. Saying it is impossible to receive a refund for a broken product is so not true. You are free to believe it, but it doesn't make it true and you're hurting others by convincing them it's futile.

Do not attempt to sound like you're speaking on behalf of everyone else. I don't care if your friend has a $30,000 printer which needs repair, that doesn't prove anything I said wrong, because I never said there are printers which are maintenance free or never get damaged, no product in the world is 100% reliable, but there's a difference between a flat tire and trying to drive a turd.

Me wrote:

Quickly dying underpowered PSUs, poor/weak mechanical parts, undersized heating elements,  badly calibrated machines fresh from the factory... all these are not the nature of 3d printers, these are the nature of shitty brands which should be avoided.

I don't have to repeat myself.

I'll be very clear and concise since I don't have any more time to waste with your posts...Find another hobby!

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

20 (edited by vivi 2016-02-18 20:45:55)

I undertsand if you don't want to waste time discussing this even if you still disagree, actually I'm glad you did because it was really going nowhere.

But I'll be less concise and say this:
Maybe you missed this part or something, but I've said in this thread that I help people with their 3d printing questions elsewhere. I don't find 3d printers difficult to use and mainting personally, but my post was requested by the OP, this isn't about me. And 3d printing isn't a hobby to me. My main source of income is another job, but I offer 3d printing for profit.

21 (edited by vivi 2016-02-18 20:53:06)

wardjr wrote:

WOW!
So to clarify, you blame us (moderators) for not creating a sticky in regards to Solidoodles Financial Situation?

Yes. Of course.

And although many users have had no real issues with their particular machine or difficulty in interacting with Solidoodle, we (the moderators) should advise to all users that Solidoodle is a poor company to deal with?

No, just sticky the thread where Solinonymous posted, as well as several other disappointed customers. You found it worth to sticky the "Solidoodle Review Compilation" thread which hasn't been posted to since 2013 but not that?

Further more you are suggesting that we create a separate topic and STICKY it that states a company is out of business when we have no official statement from the company to that affect?

No. But if I were you I would make the sticky accessible as an "announcement" clickable anywhere in the forum.

n2ri wrote:

Vivi,
you are obviously unaware of the hundreds of 3D printer manufactures as well as forums that have come and gone world wide the past 3-4 years.

No, you have the wrong assumptions.

I have watched many youtube videos to support what I have said

Wow, what a source you have. But I agree with you, so whatever.

his forum has had many topics on Solidoodles problems the last year and we dont need any more as this is not Solidoodles complaints dept. maybe try their partners in China if NY is not answering ;^)

Mitch what do you have against China, seriously? you have too many posts about China being the problem. It's not, old Solidoodles have a proud "Made in USA" on their back, they are still poorly assembled.

this guy sounds very much like another dude that used to be on here a couple years ago under multiple names. if 3D printing is not his job, nor hobby but extra money... WTH is it to him other than just rambling to annoy others enjoyment of it.

http://soliforum.com/i/?Z8RaLnJ.jpg

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

25 (edited by vivi 2016-02-18 21:13:57)

I'm posting here because I've been asked to post my opinion: http://www.soliforum.com/post/116001/
This thread is not about "enjoyment of 3d printing" but a specific question by the OP who asked my opinion.

As to why I'm not contributing here but help people elsewhere, well because of shit like above.