Re: Solidoodle Business Ethics

wardjr wrote:

WOW!
What we do know is their business practices suck.  No one here is arguing that fact.
We know they filed for bankruptcy but that only means financial restructuring by court order.  It doesn't mean they are out of business.

Do you know where (in what court) they filed for bankruptcy?  I looked around but couldn't find the case.

I didn't know there was an actual filing. I would guess it would be in Brooklyn. Possibly Rhode Island, depending on where they incorporated.

Solidoodle 4-Mostly stock running off headless Raspberry Pi with Octoprint

I looked in the Eastern District of New York (Brooklyn) and Delaware but didn't find anything under then name Solidoodle.  But I don't know details about company's incorporation.

vivi wrote:

As to why I'm not contributing here but help people elsewhere, well because of shit like above.

I just finished treading these posts, and I really can't believe there are people that think like this.

This forum has bee around for a long time, way before Solidoodle ran into it current financial problems, which led to their apparent demise.  I found my way here, like most everyone else when I had a problem.  Also like most early adopters, I was aware that this industry is still in the garage/hobby stage, and if I wanted quick answers a forum is a better source than actual support from the company.  And this forum didn't disappoint.

Because I was welcomed here, I stayed here, and have been a (sometimes) contributor.  This is the case with most of us here. 

What you, vivi, fail to understand, is that this forum is by the users, for the users.  Everybody contributes in their own way, but we don't look at it as a business.  If someone who makes a living from their printer wants our help, we'll help, and we ask for nothing in return, but if you think that is wrong, well then...

...GET OFF THE FUCKING BUS.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.