Re: Question about the Solidoodle company

Heres a mirror of soliprint http://www.soliforum.com/downloads/soli … v1.3.0.exe

127 (edited by jagowilson 2016-02-04 19:10:36)

Has anyone mirrored all of the appropriate firmware for the machines? As well as all schematics and so on. Not sure the licensing of it, but if we can ensure it stays alive on Soliwiki we should. Once they stop paying the server bill it's all gone, forever, if no one saves it. not certain if archive.is and archive.org archive ZIP and EXE files.

I'm busy right now but if someone makes a post with a link to all appropriate content I will at least have it on a few hard drives of my own to propagate back around again.

I think I ripped their whole site not long ago, I'll check in the next couple days.

Thanks!

I can rehost it, elmoret if you want.

Does anyone know where I can get an SD3 motherboard?  I have been trying to get one from Solidoodle for the last three months without success.  I"m out over $220 and can't get the company to even respond.  I assume they are out of money and closing doors.

astouder wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get an SD3 motherboard?  I have been trying to get one from Solidoodle for the last three months without success.  I"m out over $220 and can't get the company to even respond.  I assume they are out of money and closing doors.

Pick up a RAMPS 1.4, RUMBA, RAMBo, Azteeg, really anything will work with an SD3. You don't need to drop the huge cash for their motherboard, even if they were open I would not recommend their board as a replacement.

vivi, exactly on point, would love to hear your thoughts.

In the age of kickstarters and crowd sourcing , where almost anything is possible.

Its companies like solidoodle that fu*&k it up for everyone else.
By providing poor customer support and failure taking care of the paying customer.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/13641/so … les-money/

Woe, things that happen when you take a six month break due to huge move (thanks asshat landlord) And here i was loving the fact that the SD3 surrived the move, with minimal tuning and recalibration required, and thanks to this forum, i knew every damn thing i needed to do to get it going again with minimal effort.  <3 for you all here, and lets keep on printing

SD3, Mk6 head, Lawsy Carrages. Direct drive. enclosure. Rep Host/cura. Rocking on Ubuntu.

135 (edited by paramite12 2016-02-20 20:10:05)

Wow, I have been gone for a while and I had no idea that solidoodle turned to complete crap in the mean time. I own a SD3 (I got it soon after it first launched since I preordered it) and it has worked great ever since I got it. I have since heavily modified it to the point where it's pretty much just a custom printer. That's what I liked about it, the modability.

And btw, if anyone here has a broken printer and doesn't know what to do, don't panic because this community can offer far more help than any solidoodle official support ever would. 3D printers are simple and with a little effort you can swap out any part on the machine with something better.

Hi

I just received my solidoodle press. Awesome! Can't find the software anywhere. Almost seems as though Solidoodle no longer exists. Please help! I have 2 very disappointed kids who have been waiting a month for their awesome 3D printer....

It's floating around here somewhere.  I'll see if I can get it posted here for you.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

phunny96 wrote:
waydo wrote:
elmoret wrote:

Looks like they shopped paying their ZenDesk support account:

http://support.solidoodle.com

Yeah, all I want is to be able to download the PC version of SoliPrint for a new machine and now I can't even do that. Ugh.

Is there somewhere else to download?

I can email you the download files if you need it. However, If you go and purchase simplify3d software its expensive but its the best software ive every used. Plus, the soliprint software has cut out the ability to fine tune prints. that in mind as others will tell you slice3r and other free software are available.

Would you mind emailing me the file? Just got my Press today and didn't know they had gone out of business..... [email protected]

Let me know