1,326 (edited by CoolArts 2017-01-26 00:30:11)

Re: DaVinci Junior cartridge reset

cgrillo wrote:

I updated the instructable with more info about battery life on the first page.
http://www.instructables.com/id/EMUTAG- … -Printers/

Take into consideration that you can feed emutag from 3.3 < 5.5v without batteries

http://soliforum.com/i/?Qkvzb5d.jpg

EmuTag_com wrote:

Emutag FAQ
WARNING! The power terminals on the programming slot connect directly in parallel with the batteries. The batteries must be removed before connecting a programmer providing external power. Powering the Emulator with batteries inserted will cause a high current flow through the batteries, which can make them explode or catch fire.

You can simply feed it with an arduino nano for 3 bucks (Arduino Nano Clone), 2 pin cables, usb cable, and a simply AC to USB from any HD, smartphone or whatever.
You don't even have to upload any sketch to the nano, just connect cables to ground and 5v of the arduino and EMU, and the usb cable to AC current.

Regards!.

XYZ Junior/Mini Passwords Thread
If you are in a hurry and need your password NOW, or if it takes me too long for you, you can read the posts from 1851. I'm not going to be as effective as Bozo or Cgrillo, but you can give a try with me. If PASSWORDS thread follow it's current flow: asking for repeated passwords, not returning or false PACKS... I will end up with it as others before me.

mathew_orman wrote:

I think I got the solution by controlling the NFC reader board...
I am going to test it tonight and if it works I will share it here...

Any news with your test?. I was thinking to create something like an emutag with an arduino with a wifi&sd shield and create something like a cabled SD, to be able to control nfc & send the files via wifi keeping the Junior out of the internet, and with no modifications on the printer itself.

But... controlling the reader board or the antenna itself would be easier, quicker and great too.

If you are in a hurry and need your password NOW, or if it takes me too long for you, you can read the posts from 1851. I'm not going to be as effective as Bozo or Cgrillo, but you can give a try with me. If PASSWORDS thread follow it's current flow: asking for repeated passwords, not returning or false PACKS... I will end up with it as others before me.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Keep in mind. These types of filament are extremely hard on the extruder nozzle.

Why? Source? Is it so different from regular PLA?

Bozotclown1970 wrote:
kallt_kaffe wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

Glad the EMUTAG is working for you.

And now I've ordered glow-in-dark filament, filament that changes color with temperature and another one that changes color when exposed to UV-light. smile

Keep in mind. These types of filament are extremely hard on the extruder nozzle.

I've used all 3 of these types in my Jr - so far with no issues.

I printed quite a bit of the glow in the dark and I just replaced my extruder because the stringing was so bad I couldn't print. I did not replace it with a XYZ extruder so I can just replace the tip now.

Prints are coming out better than ever now.

http://www.soliforum.com/post/131552/#p131552

1,331 (edited by CoolArts 2017-01-27 15:18:24)

CoolArts wrote:

... and create something like a cabled SD, to be able to  send the files via wifi keeping the Junior out of the internet, and with no modifications on the printer itself

Wasted time, found this on amazon in second hand section for just 17,52€, so now i will be able to directly send the files from 3wTemp.app to the printer, great! wink (at least this is what i'm expecting).

1 or 2 left in offer
http://soliforum.com/i/?JqrkhiD.png

CoolArts wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

... and create something like a cabled SD, to be able to  send the files via wifi keeping the Junior out of the internet, and with no modifications on the printer itself

Wasted time, found this on amazon in second hand section for just 17,52€, so now i will be able to directly send the files from 3wTemp.app to the printer, great! wink (at least this is what i expect).

1 or 2 left in offer

That is really a very nice looking product, BUT does it allow uploads? I may look into one of these myself even if I use it in my camera. Thanks for the tip.

I can confirm that Toshiba Flashair W03 8GB is working in Da Vinci 1.0 JR. In it's original configuration it works like a it's own wifi network but it's possible to re-configure it to work as a wifi client, this is how I use it. I can now move my files from my PC to the printer. Very conveniently.

1,334 (edited by cgrillo 2017-01-27 09:37:02)

CoolArts wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

I updated the instructable with more info about battery life on the first page.
http://www.instructables.com/id/EMUTAG- … -Printers/

Take into consideration that you can feed emutag from 3.3 < 5.5v without batteries

EmuTag_com wrote:

Emutag FAQ
WARNING! The power terminals on the programming slot connect directly in parallel with the batteries. The batteries must be removed before connecting a programmer providing external power. Powering the Emulator with batteries inserted will cause a high current flow through the batteries, which can make them explode or catch fire.

You can simply feed it with an arduino nano for 3 bucks (Arduino Nano Clone), 2 pin cables, usb cable, and a simply AC to USB from any HD, smartphone or whatever.
You don't even have to upload any sketch to the nano, just connect cables to ground and 5v of the arduino and EMU, and the usb cable to AC current.

Regards!.

Yes, you can always feed it from any clean 5v source.
BUT, as soon as you remove the power the EMUTAG will reset.  Unless you know what length was remaining etc , then you won't be able to use that Card UID again, so you'll have to move on to the next one.
Do this enough times and you'll run out of Card UIDs to use.

Obviously not  a problem for those people with printer firmwares that don't care about the card being "refilled"

1,335 (edited by CoolArts 2017-01-27 12:37:23)

If i finally end buying an emutag, i will try to create a simple sketch to save and restore emutag data. But EMUTAG NTAG213 is out of stock, and it's not on my sights at time.

Regards!.

CoolArts wrote:

If i finally end buying an emutag, i will try to create a simple sketch to save and restore emutag data. But EMUTAG NTAG213 is out of stock, and it's not on my sights at time.

Regards!.

As per the instructable...

instructable wrote:

If it is showing as out of stock but other versions are there then just send him a message and he'll sort you out - I think it's just a case of re-flashing the unit.

1,337 (edited by CoolArts 2017-01-27 18:22:44)

holdoff wrote:

I can confirm that Toshiba Flashair W03 8GB is working in Da Vinci 1.0 JR. In it's original configuration it works like a it's own wifi network but it's possible to re-configure it to work as a wifi client, this is how I use it. I can now move my files from my PC to the printer. Very conveniently.

Great News!, that's what i was expecting. Thank you very much for your confirmation.

@cgrillo: i was really thinking in those cases where you need to print a more than 8 hours model. I think i've read that batteries will be drained in about 8 hours of print.
This takes me to another question, does the emutag will reset always when batteries drain, loosing a usable UID?.
If yes, can you replace the batteries one by one to prevent current data state loose of the NTAG in the EMUTAG?

Regards!.

CoolArts wrote:

This takes me to another question, does the emutag will reset always when batteries drain, loosing a usable UID?.

As I understand, yes.

If yes, can you replace the batteries one by one to prevent current data state loose of the NTAG in the EMUTAG?

Most likely not. I'm pretty sure the batteries are connected in serial getting a total of 4.5v. When tag was received it only hade a tiny bit of paper with the label "Pull" under one of the three batteries.

If you want to replace batteries without loosing data you can read the contents of the card before removing the batteries and then write them back later. I backed up my contents that way before testing out the password sniffer function. If using an external power source it would probably be a good idea to backup the contents of the card after each print.

kallt_kaffe wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

As I understand, yes.

Just tried it, and it's definitely yes.
Took one battery out for about a second and it was reset.

cgrillo wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

can you replace the batteries one by one to prevent current data state loose of the NTAG in the EMUTAG?

Just tried it, and it's definitely yes.
Took one battery out for about a second and it was reset.

Thank you very much for testing it out. I thought that since you can feed it from a 3.3v source, maybe just 2 batteries will be enought to keep it running a short period of time, perhaps just the time needed to replace them 1 by 1. But as test tell us it's not possible.

Thanks again for testing out.
Regards!

So I recently just got a Mini and realized how expensive XYZ filament is.  I've been browsing around different ways to get around it and the emutag sees to be a very viable option,.

I read someone mentioning somewhere in this thread about using an android to write to the emutag.  I was to be buy an emutag will I have to get an arduino as well?  Or can I get by with just an NFC compatible android phone?

Also, the way I understand it is that you can change the NFC chips that have been used with your printer because your printer recognizes them and that they've been changed.  Doesn't this same thing happened everytime you write to the emutag?  Or am I missing something here?

Thanks!

contagon wrote:

So I recently just got a Mini and realized how expensive XYZ filament is.  I've been browsing around different ways to get around it and the emutag sees to be a very viable option,.

I read someone mentioning somewhere in this thread about using an android to write to the emutag.  I was to be buy an emutag will I have to get an arduino as well?  Or can I get by with just an NFC compatible android phone?

An NFC-compatible android phone and some free apps are all you need.

Also, the way I understand it is that you can change the NFC chips that have been used with your printer because your printer recognizes them and that they've been changed.  Doesn't this same thing happened everytime you write to the emutag?  Or am I missing something here?

It seems like the printer stores the UID and remaining filament in it's internal flash memory so while you can reset an NFC-tag the printer will recognize the UID and realize the the remaining length has been increased and stop you from using it.

You've got two options:
1. Swap empty NFC-tags with someone and reset them _before_ using them in your printer. That way your printer will see a tag with an UID that it has not seen before and treat it like a brand new tag.
2. Buy an Emutag and program it with known UID-password-pack combinations that has not been used by your printer before. There's a growing list of known combinations in another thread. This works because on the emutag you can change UID, something that is not possible on a real tag.

You've got two options:
1. Swap empty NFC-tags with someone and reset them _before_ using them in your printer. That way your printer will see a tag with an UID that it has not seen before and treat it like a brand new tag.
2. Buy an Emutag and program it with known UID-password-pack combinations that has not been used by your printer before. There's a growing list of known combinations in another thread. This works because on the emutag you can change UID, something that is not possible on a real tag.

Perfect.  That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you.  Does this app work?  Any others you guys would recommend? Any other alternate places I can buy an Emutag?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … leselector

contagon wrote:

Perfect.  That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you.  Does this app work?  Any others you guys would recommend? Any other alternate places I can buy an Emutag?

Yes, that is the app I am using. With the emutag in unlocked mode you can read and write the entire 45 pages.

Here's an example of a 200m clear blue roll that I use as a template (the 300m setting mostly refuses to print with the MacOS version of XYZware).

04719C00
8A3E4D80
E1101200
0103A00C
340300FE
5A505500
0036374E
400D0300
400D0300
D2002D00
400D0300
081F3154
50B1E0CE
52E74F76
000000BD
B974F06D
F46A0000

The last two pages are the Password and PACK. The UID, password and PACK above are real values from the nfc-tag that came with my printer so this is a fully working template that can be used (once). When it's empty, just replace UID, Password and PACK with a new combo from the CSV-file in the password thread and reset the emutag. And don't worry about byte 4 in page 0, you can enter anything there, the emutag will calculate the correct value for that byte no matter what you write to it.

If you want to use the password sniffer mode on the emutag you also need this app (because the above app does not allow writing to page 45): https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … d.rfidtool

Write 0x000000E0 to page 0x2d (page 45) to enable password sniffer timeout mode and 0x000000F0 to disable it. In password sniffer timeout mode it will overwrite the password (page 43) with the password that the printer sends when it tries to unlock the card. The printer will get a timeout. You can then unlock the card (with the switch) and read the password in page 43. That way you can prepare a card with any UID and get the printer to tell you it's password.

contagon wrote:

You've got two options:

If the ebay page shows it as out of stock - just message him.

I have a Mini Maker. I let a tag run down to zero. It shows 0.0%, started a new print and it's printing. Is this normal?

No, but if it works let it go.  smile

Howsit, all.

First off, well done on all the effort on this over the last 2 years. Lot of interesting ideas and thoughts.
Took me a few days to read through all 54 pages of comments lol.
I'm an owner of a Mini W.

I am going to jump in and see what I can figure out.
I've got logic analyzers, arduinos ect to use as well as PN512 dev kit, and st95hf dev kit and a vast selection of NFC cards.
I have developed code before for devices that use NFC Ultralight C so will be up and running in no time.

CoolArts wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Wasted time, found this on amazon in second hand section for just 17,52€, so now i will be able to directly send the files from 3wTemp.app to the printer, great! wink (at least this is what i'm expecting).

1 or 2 left in offer

Just wanted to say thank you for the information on this. I received mine and have configured it for read/write and it works like a champ.

1,350 (edited by CoolArts 2017-02-06 23:08:14)

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Just wanted to say thank you for the information on this. I received mine and have configured it for read/write and it works like a champ.

I'm still waiting mine sad(, tomorrow is the day!!

No need to thank mate!, soliforum members are always welcomed for me
Regards!.