Re: DaVinci Junior cartridge reset

as you can tell I'm trying to find out myself lol how far did you take it
thanks for your help and time

Sorry if I'm being a typical noob.

I've managed to get my password and connect to start writing to the pages. I've written to the pages using the guide on instructables and messed around with different keys for colours but I get "Unidentified Spool" each time I test it. I'm on firmware 2.2.7 on a Davinci Jr. Is this the problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

petelyneey wrote:

Sorry if I'm being a typical noob.

I've managed to get my password and connect to start writing to the pages. I've written to the pages using the guide on instructables and messed around with different keys for colours but I get "Unidentified Spool" each time I test it. I'm on firmware 2.2.7 on a Davinci Jr. Is this the problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

The problem is that Jr firmwares over 2.2.0 will not accept a "refilled" card.
It remembers the card uid and the previous length and will reject it if the length increases.
Your best bet is to swap tags with someone or buy an EMUTAG.
If you swap tags then ensure you "refill" it before putting it in the printer.

I have a unopened XYZ filament and a mini, do I need to reset the filament counter before using the spool?

1,305 (edited by cgrillo 2017-01-20 08:35:37)

opl1 wrote:

I have a unopened XYZ filament and a mini, do I need to reset the filament counter before using the spool?

You don't NEED to, as it will be set to 200m (hopefully).
You COULD, however, set it to 300m then you can use that filament and then can print another 100m of 3rd party filament.

http://soliforum.com/i/?ufvGZc0.jpg
Just to confirm, and because I'm happy : emutag works perfectly with Mini W wink

http://soliforum.com/i/?EASEuFj.jpg
Ready for printing til the end of the world wink

1,308 (edited by cgrillo 2017-01-20 11:27:08)

silentman wrote:

Just to confirm, and because I'm happy : emutag works perfectly with Mini W wink

Excellent - glad it works ok for you too smile

Did you use the instructable?

I updated the instructable with more info about battery life on the first page.
http://www.instructables.com/id/EMUTAG- … -Printers/

cgrillo wrote:
silentman wrote:

Excellent - glad it works ok for you too smile

Good Job ! Whithout you and the other's working on this "problem" we where like "chickens facing a carburetor" lol !

Advise for people : keep your machine far from Internet...

silentman wrote:

Nice, still waiting for my emutag to arrive.

Questions: Is it to large to fit inside the center of the filament roll? Or could we design some emutag-holder and still be able to fit a filament roll on the regular filament holder? If not, anyone recommend any special standalone holder (printable). And the last and most important question, the glass the right bottom corner of your picture... WTF? Something floating in the orange juice? Or is it a candle or something?

1,311 (edited by silentman 2017-01-20 17:50:52)

kallt_kaffe wrote:
silentman wrote:

Nice, still waiting for my emutag to arrive.

Questions: Is it to large to fit inside the center of the filament roll? Or could we design some emutag-holder and still be able to fit a filament roll on the regular filament holder? If not, anyone recommend any special standalone holder (printable). And the last and most important question, the glass the right bottom corner of your picture... WTF? Something floating in the orange juice? Or is it a candle or something?

I will remove the sensor out of the roll, it seems more simple... It's a candle lol !

silentman wrote:

I will remove the sensor out of the roll, it seems more simple...

I was thinking that perhaps you cold fold the nfc-sensor/spool-holder back in and put the emutag on it (there are multiple options here, velcro could be one, a printable specially designed holder could be another) and the use a standalone spool holder. For example this one: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:943563

kallt_kaffe wrote:
silentman wrote:

I was thinking that perhaps you cold fold the nfc-sensor/spool-holder back in and put the emutag on it (there are multiple options here, velcro could be one, a printable specially designed holder could be another) and the use a standalone spool holder. For example this one: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:943563

Outch no !!! But thanks for the information wink I prefer put out the receiver and keep my roll as usual... The filament will roll free. Just my mind... Every idea is good to move the world smile

http://soliforum.com/i/?ESrMryJ.jpg
That's all folks ! receiver and emutag take place behind the filament roll

Quick way to block XYZWare with your firewall.

From the command prompt, cut and paste the following 3 lines, one at the time pressing enter at the end of
each paste (right-click to copy and paste in the command prompt window)

netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="XYZWare Client"

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="XYZWare Client" dir=in action=block program="C:\Program Files (x86)\XYZware\xyz.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="XYZWare Client" dir=out action=block program="C:\Program Files (x86)\XYZware\xyz.exe" enable=yes

"Fr"
Une façon rapide de bloquer XYZWare avec votre pare-feu.

À partir de l'invite de commande, coupez et collez les 3 lignes suivantes, une à la fois en appuyant sur entrer à la fin de
Chaque pâte (clic droit pour copier et coller dans la fenêtre d'invite de commande)

I think I got the solution by controlling the NFC reader board...
I am going to test it tonight and if it works I will share it here...

charlesmillhollin wrote:
cgrillo wrote:
charlesmillhollin wrote:

I noticed the eBay page went down to purchase the key. I would really like to reset this. I have everything setup on the printer to work but can't get the key to reset it. Could someone please help? Thanks

We do it for free smile
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15817/da … -requests/

Thank you so much!! I just posted my information on the page at around 6pm today (it shows it on my screenshot) I would really love it if I could get a key from this! Thank you so much!

Wait. so someone did figure out how to do it? if you guys can do it for free, then why not tell us HOW you guys are doing it so we can try it ourselves? Then we dont have to wait for a response and everything.

GeneralAa_ron wrote:
charlesmillhollin wrote:

Thank you so much!! I just posted my information on the page at around 6pm today (it shows it on my screenshot) I would really love it if I could get a key from this! Thank you so much!

Wait. so someone did figure out how to do it? if you guys can do it for free, then why not tell us HOW you guys are doing it so we can try it ourselves? Then we dont have to wait for a response and everything.

You CAN do it yourself but it requires a lot of hardware.

GeneralAa_ron wrote:
charlesmillhollin wrote:

1,320 (edited by cgrillo 2017-01-25 09:31:29)

opl1 wrote:
GeneralAa_ron wrote:
charlesmillhollin wrote:

Actually, all that is required is a logic sniffer if you want to get the password for your own card..  These are easily available on Ebay.
There is a link floating around on how to wire it all up too, it's easy enough to search for.
It does require you to open up the printer mind you - as you need to connect clips/wires to the small NFC reader board.

If you want to get the password for ANY card - then an emutag is required and if you can read specifications on the emutag correctly and have an arduino to write to it,  then you don't even need the logic sniffer.  Again - there are detail in other posts.

GeneralAa_ron wrote:

Eveything is explained in the threads, just take time to read... Happy printing wink

1,322 (edited by kallt_kaffe 2017-01-25 20:05:37)

silentman wrote:
kallt_kaffe wrote:
silentman wrote:

Outch no !!! But thanks for the information wink I prefer put out the receiver and keep my roll as usual... The filament will roll free. Just my mind... Every idea is good to move the world smile

Got my emutag today and did two small test prints with it. Since I have eleven rolls of XYZprinting filament (10 of which already have their nfc tags mounted on the rolls) I will not remove the sensor from the spool holder at this point. I had some velcro-tape already and put one part on the underside of the spoolholder/nfc-sensor and the other on the emutag. If I detach the emutag the original filaments spools can still be used.

http://soliforum.com/i/?UIk7WdP.jpg

When/If I run out of XYZprinting filament I may consider another solution.

I use this app to write to the emutag: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … leselector
I've stored two prepared textfiles on my phone, one for 300m and one for 200m. Now I just need to load one of them, replace uid, password, pack with a new ones, change the serial number and then write it to the emutag whenever I reaches zero. I used 300m for the tests today. Looks a bit weird on the mini but it worked. Windows version said 300m/200m and MacOS version said 300m/0m.

Glad the EMUTAG is working for you.

cgrillo wrote:

And now I've ordered glow-in-dark filament, filament that changes color with temperature and another one that changes color when exposed to UV-light. smile

kallt_kaffe wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

And now I've ordered glow-in-dark filament, filament that changes color with temperature and another one that changes color when exposed to UV-light. smile

Keep in mind. These types of filament are extremely hard on the extruder nozzle.