Re: DaVinci Junior cartridge reset

Hi everyone, I'm a bit of a newb at 3d printing so please forgive me if I'm looking for answers on the wrong thread.

Basically my da vinci Jr clear blue filament has just run empty despite having quite a bit left on the spool which prompted me to look into resetting the nfc chip. From what I've gathered I can't use this empty chip now but I do have a new spool that I can use so who do I contact about the keys?

Thanks in advance, M

mattchu wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm a bit of a newb at 3d printing so please forgive me if I'm looking for answers on the wrong thread.

Basically my da vinci Jr clear blue filament has just run empty despite having quite a bit left on the spool which prompted me to look into resetting the nfc chip. From what I've gathered I can't use this empty chip now but I do have a new spool that I can use so who do I contact about the keys?

Thanks in advance, M

It depends on what printer and firmware you have.

1,378 (edited by mattchu 2017-05-14 20:04:57)

Thanks for the reply. It's a da vinci Jr 1.0, I think it's never been updated (not by myself at least) but I will check ASAP.

Edit: my current printer firmware is on 2.3.1

mattchu wrote:

Thanks for the reply. It's a da vinci Jr 1.0, I think it's never been updated (not by myself at least) but I will check ASAP.

Edit: my current printer firmware is on 2.3.1

Your printer won't accept cards that it has seen previously being refilled - so a password is useless to you  unless you want it for tag swapping purposes.
The card may be locked - there is no way of telling without trying the password unfortunately.

I have a couple of new spools at hand. Would it work on my current firmware though?

1,381 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-05-15 00:03:16)

mattchu wrote:

I have a couple of new spools at hand. Would it work on my current firmware though?

As long as the new spools have not been read by the printer they can be used. Once the printer sees a spool it remembers the spools ID and last not amount.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Okay cool. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. So my next move should be to unlock one of the new filament chips then I can reset it as and when I need to?

1,383 (edited by Bozotclown1970 2017-05-15 01:12:19)

mattchu wrote:

Okay cool. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. So my next move should be to unlock one of the new filament chips then I can reset it as and when I need to?

Not sure what you are saying here. You can reset it as long as it has not been placed in your printer. Once any tag has been read by the printer, you can no longer modify it.

If you do want to modify it prior to placing it in the printer. You can change it's length to 300m instead of 200m. You can find that information in the threads. Always make sure that you have a copy of the original data before you change any tag.

Hello, I would like to ask a question about my DiVanci Jr Spool issues.  I have a DiVanci Jr. with firmware 2.3.3.  My xyzware is version 2.1.21.1.  I have purchased 4 spools (I have used them all at least once).  And I have the original that came with the printer.  My printer does not have WiFi.  One of my spools came up lame (unidentified spool error after first use).  Is there any thing I can do to reset my chips so I don't have to purchase from XYZ any more?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BealzaBob wrote:

Hello, I would like to ask a question about my DiVanci Jr Spool issues.  I have a DiVanci Jr. with firmware 2.3.3.  My xyzware is version 2.1.21.1.  I have purchased 4 spools (I have used them all at least once).  And I have the original that came with the printer.  My printer does not have WiFi.  One of my spools came up lame (unidentified spool error after first use).  Is there any thing I can do to reset my chips so I don't have to purchase from XYZ any more?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi,
Unfortunately your firmware is too recent to accept your own hacked/refilled chips.
If a new chip comes up as "unidentified" then I'd send it back to where you bought it from.

To use hacked/refilled chips you can either tag swap to get a "new- to you" chip or get an emutag

cgrillo wrote:

If a new chip comes up as "unidentified" then I'd send it back to where you bought it from.

This just happened to me.  Had to send it back.  I wonder how often this is happening.............

mjf55 wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

This just happened to me.  Had to send it back.  I wonder how often this is happening.............

Unfortunately we are seeing this more and more.

"If a new chip comes up as "unidentified" then I'd send it back to where you bought it from."

Unfortunately, it worked when I bought it over a year ago but when I went to use it again, it was out of warranty and XYZ refuses to replace it unless I pay for shipping.  I've paid for it to be shipped once and won't pay again.  This is the first I've heard of "emutag".  I need to look it up to see if it will help me.

If you have a JR or a Mini it will work for you.

Hi all!

I am attempting to write to page 45 on my emutag, but don't have an android phone to use (so can't use the fabled Mifare ++ app).  Are there any windows apps that are up to the task?  I have googled for one, but haven't as yet been successful.  I have three apps that can read/write data, and two apps that can write the UID/password/PACK.

Cheers!

bikingstig wrote:

Hi all!

I am attempting to write to page 45 on my emutag, but don't have an android phone to use (so can't use the fabled Mifare ++ app).  Are there any windows apps that are up to the task?  I have googled for one, but haven't as yet been successful.  I have three apps that can read/write data, and two apps that can write the UID/password/PACK.

Cheers!

I have a few questions.

1. What type of printer do you have?
2. What is the firmware version?
3. What hardware are you going to use to update the tag with?
4. Are you trying to update a standard XYZ tag?

Thanks for your reply!

I have an XYZ junior on 2.2.7 (darn it), and have constructed my own RFID tag write using a MEGA 2560 with a PN532 breakout board.

I have been using RFID tools based on the RFID learns kit source code to edit tags.

So far I have been editing original XYZ tags (several hundred by now!), and have acquired an emutag.

I can very successfully use the emutag for everyday tag emulation (what it's designed for I guess), though am looking to exploit the emutag's further capabilities, namely password sniffing.  This requires writing to page 45 (02d) but so far I haven't found a windows based app that can do this.  I have used android emulators on my PC (eg. bluestack, nox, etc) but suspect this isn't going to cut it with my RFID setup and the Mifare ++ android app.

Sent you a PM

bikingstig wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

I have an XYZ junior on 2.2.7 (darn it), and have constructed my own RFID tag write using a MEGA 2560 with a PN532 breakout board.

I have been using RFID tools based on the RFID learns kit source code to edit tags.

So far I have been editing original XYZ tags (several hundred by now!), and have acquired an emutag.

I can very successfully use the emutag for everyday tag emulation (what it's designed for I guess), though am looking to exploit the emutag's further capabilities, namely password sniffing.  This requires writing to page 45 (02d) but so far I haven't found a windows based app that can do this.  I have used android emulators on my PC (eg. bluestack, nox, etc) but suspect this isn't going to cut it with my RFID setup and the Mifare ++ android app.

It's nice to see people making money on eBay from info they glean from this forum wink

Is there any were on these forums for posting request to do tag swaps?

woogerboy21 wrote:

Is there any were on these forums for posting request to do tag swaps?

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15907/da … -tag-swap/

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that a Windows 10 driver update won't sneak in a firmware upgrade on my printer.  I avoided the firmware update that defeated the reset hack by setting the Windows firewall to prevent anything XYZ related from accessing the internet.  But recently, Windows 10 has been trying to install a driver update, which keeps failing.  Just wondering if it's safe to temporarily let it update. 

Also, somewhat related, does anyone else get an OpenGL error on Windows 10?  Ever since upgrading to 10, I get an error stating that I only have Open GL 1.1, where the XYZ app requires 1.2.  I have the latest drivers for a GTX 1070 installed, so I'm pretty sure it's not using outdated drivers.

I've just been leery of updating anything for fear of something sneaking in a firmware update on the printer.

Thanks in advance.

NPCO543 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that a Windows 10 driver update won't sneak in a firmware upgrade on my printer.  I avoided the firmware update that defeated the reset hack by setting the Windows firewall to prevent anything XYZ related from accessing the internet.  But recently, Windows 10 has been trying to install a driver update, which keeps failing.  Just wondering if it's safe to temporarily let it update. 

Also, somewhat related, does anyone else get an OpenGL error on Windows 10?  Ever since upgrading to 10, I get an error stating that I only have Open GL 1.1, where the XYZ app requires 1.2.  I have the latest drivers for a GTX 1070 installed, so I'm pretty sure it's not using outdated drivers.

I've just been leery of updating anything for fear of something sneaking in a firmware update on the printer.

Thanks in advance.

The Open GL issue was a bad XYZ app build - the newer app works fine.
A driver update is just that, I doubt if they could sneak in a printer firmware update in with it - just turn your printer off..

1,399 (edited by NPCO543 2017-07-27 18:26:20)

cgrillo wrote:

The Open GL issue was a bad XYZ app build - the newer app works fine.
A driver update is just that, I doubt if they could sneak in a printer firmware update in with it - just turn your printer off..

Thanks, and the newer (and latest) version of the app doesn't include an updated firmware?  I just compared, and the latest version is about 15 megs larger than the one I had been using (version 2.1.4.2).  Like I said, I just want to make sure my firmware isn't updated to one that makes resetting the tags difficult/impossible.

hello,
plz i need the password
you can help me plz ?

http://soliforum.com/i/?qUS2NsI.png