1 (edited by Boobs Dylan 2015-01-17 14:56:06)

Topic: First Print Fail - Print Shifted Midway Through

Just got my Press Thursday and attempted my first print (ever) last night.  I was trying to print the wizard found here:  "hxxp://solidoodles.com/models/view/294".  Everything was going great until about halfway through the print it completely shifted towards the door(please see the attached picture).  Any ideas?

Also, has anyone else experienced horrible grinding sound when clicking the home button on one of the axes?

Post's attachments

20150117_092141.jpg
20150117_092141.jpg 1.81 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: First Print Fail - Print Shifted Midway Through

that sounds similar to the problems I was having. http://www.soliforum.com/topic/9184/pre … -beginner/ - both the shifting and grinding/skipping.  I followed the calibration instructions posted here http://www.soliforum.com/topic/9236/pre … tructions/ and it's solved the shifting and grinding.

Still having other issues, but at least not that one. smile

It's just one of the design flaws with this printer, the cables going to the extruder hang down and get it the way. Print with the top cover open and try to use some rubber bands and tie wraps on the cables. You need that cable up and out of the way.

Or just sell the printer, would guess lots will be on ebay right next to mine soon.

That sound is the extruder cable in the way hanging up the servo motors.

Thanks for the help.  I will try the above suggestions and report back.

Printing with the top cover open seemed to fix the issue.  Unfortunately my next print failed due to the print itself moving around during the printing process.  I did apply a little bit of glue using a glue stick but it must not have been enough.