Re: Shipping Updates

What order are you on now?

So on average, you do about 3-4 kits a day..
That will make you hit #1400 on sunday/monday

Guessing a week to ship it, and im back home in just in time to recieve it big_smile
Happy time big_smile

What order are you on now?

1407. Things have slowed a bit as we had a batch of defective parts, but we've sorted that and should be back up to 30/week shortly.

All non-kit orders (a bucketload of E3Ds, kit enclosures, and melt filters from the sale yesterday) have been packaged and awaiting pickup on Monday. Moving focus back to kits, picking up on 1407.

Everything through 1423 shipped.

Up to 1435 now.

For those of us playing along at home..... this means that production has slowed to just over 2 and half shipping out per day. With the holidays I would not expect this to increase.

Any chance we could get a daily update on the current order number? Maybe an "order number counter" on the home page? smile

gijon wrote:

For those of us playing along at home..... this means that production has slowed to just over 2 and half shipping out per day. With the holidays I would not expect this to increase.

Any chance we could get a daily update on the current order number? Maybe an "order number counter" on the home page? smile

Definitely not gonna happen. Have patience! I've already been doing it more than the weekly planned.

Also, order numbers are not equal to number of units shipped. Sometimes orders are for accessories only, sometimes orders are for 10 kits. Honestly that's the problem with even weekly updates, people assume it is a linear queue and try to do all sorts of extrapolations from the data.

Something a lot of people don't know is I've been doing this part time while finishing my PhD - its been a lot of 16 hour days. Happily, I just successfully defended, and will be graduating in December. I'll be transitioning to full time Filastruder in the next few weeks.

And yes - things will stop over the holidays. It's time to take a break from those 16 hour days. smile

Yea for Doctor Tim.

Bob

I would imagine the 16 hour days are the short ones too. I just wanted to say be sure to take some time and enjoy this HUGE accomplishment, the holidays and Recuperate a bit man. I know the torture that defending a PHD can be and can't imagine the added stress of Holidays and running the Filastruder business would throw on it.  Anyway I hope you and yours enjoy the holidays and know that at least some of us out here understand the stresses in part.

Doctor,

Please accept my humblest apologies. I made several assumptions about the filastruder company that turned out to be incorrect. I had no idea you were running this operation by yourself, and while defending a dissertation! I apologize for the snarky post. I also did not take into account quantity orders or accessory-only orders.  I applaud your hard work and tireless efforts to fullfill orders and complete a doctorate simultaneously.

-gijon

No worries guys, and thank you for the kind words.

Yesterday I got caught up on non-kit orders placed over the holidays (25 packages shipped) and today got 10 kits shipped. Currently on order 1450. An additional 10 kits are nearly complete, and should be packed up tomorrow.

Yes the doctor is back in the house.

Thanks
Tim

Up through 1487 have shipped, a total of 45 packages this past weekend (many non-kit orders).
Roughly 70 orders outstanding, the oldest of which was placed just over 4 weeks ago.

So: still hitting quoted lead time. Won't be shipping kits again until Monday, as I am graduating this week.

elmoret wrote:

I am graduating this week

Congrats, Tim!  On the graduation AND hitting your quoted lead times consistently!

Congratulations on your achievement and graduation!

Also great job with filastruder. You're doing an excellent job!

On 1542. Taking off for the holidays from the 20th-2nd, but looking to get a dozen or so more kits out before then.

Currently, the oldest order was placed 4 weeks ago - still hitting those lead-times.

Back in town, attacking a week's worth of non-kit orders. Kit orders will happen over the weekend.

30 kits going out on Monday. Currently the oldest order is right around 5 weeks old (1611). Trying to stay on the promised lead time, but December was the biggest month yet in terms of sales, and I took some time off around the holidays. Good news is that I'm doing this full time now, so I should be able to close the lead time.

Caught up on non-kit orders now, will be doing kits this weekend - probably around 15 or so.

On order 1646 now. Should knock out through 1664 tomorrow.

74 (edited by henriquesv 2014-01-15 10:52:06)

Tim, I haven't heard from you for some time. You must be really busy.
Could you please tell me if the  Auger Barrel Recall for the Filastruder #742 has already been shipped?
Could you also please send its tracking number in PV?
Thank you.

Apologies! I'd lost track of your email. I will respond to it today.