101 (edited by satman49 2014-01-24 03:08:52)

Re: Solidoodle2-marlin firmware update thread

ok thanks i'll keep trying
update: in RH after connecting says same ole thing.It looked like it updated per the info but to no avail.
UMM do I have to run the sketch too after that? I did and it compiled but get an error on upload : AVR:  cant find tinyusb , something like that

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

102 (edited by adrian 2014-01-24 05:37:14)

have you selected the right board in arduino - and you dont 'run' the sketch, just compile it, as you can't upload to the board through the arduino ide (which is what pressing play does...) .

So just shift-'tick icon' (or verify) to reveal where it compiles the .hex file... Then you copy the temp file to the hidbootloader file, and do the bootloader jumper, power up, install the firmware via the application, remove the jumper, restart again, and then connect in RH...

Scroll back up in RH to find the following at the top; and check the date (it will obviously be based on when you compiled it wink )

16:28:23.638 : echo: External Reset
16:28:23.638 : Marlin 1.0.0
16:28:23.638 : echo: Last Updated: Jan 13 2014 12:24:26 | Author: Adrian/Lawsy/Rincewind/Tealvince
16:28:23.638 : Compiled: Jan 13 2014
16:28:23.638 : echo: Free Memory: 2894  PlannerBufferBytes: 1232

adrian wrote:

So just shift-'tick icon' (or verify) to reveal where it compiles the .hex file... Then you copy the temp file to the hidbootloader file, and do the bootloader jumper, power up, install the firmware via the application, remove the jumper, restart again, and then connect in RH...

To think Solidoodle had the nerve to describe their new motherboard as easy to use.

This is what I am getting after following instructions on SD wiki,I don't what I am supposed to see in the command window,it looked like it did something.As you see tho in RH log  it didn't.

Post's attachments

command.jpg 188.59 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

rh.jpg
rh.jpg 165.67 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

Looks like its loaded the firmware fine to me... turn on the heater at set it to 280 or whatever is higher than what you had...

well, happy to report , it must be working. Got up  300C. .Just odd in RH  log it doesn't show I did.

I ordered an SD2 last week. Will it have the most recent version of the firmware or will I need to update to the most recent update. (2013-08-09?)

^^ the factory does not keep with the updated f/w everyone on the forums talks about, you do not 'need' to update it.

Since i couldn't find the answer anywhere else I have to ask here.

I'm trying to modify the software for the use of a E3D hotend.

The problem is, i have a SD4 with the Board-Revision E.

Which board do i have to choose in the source-code. I think it should be '// 81 = Printrboard (AT90USB1286)'

So far it's ok.

But what do i have to choose in Arduino under 'tools'/'Board'?

So far I always get this error

/pins.h:1086:2: error: #error Oops! Make sure you have 'Teensy++ 2.0' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.

found the necessary link for Teensy

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

After installing it into my Arduino Folder i could choose the Teensy 2.0 Board under tools/Board.

But i have to say, it is quite a bit confusing with all the different source-codes that are floating around.

I took flawsys source and checked it with the latest sd-source and I changed the following things:

#define SOLIDOODLE_VERSION 3 //{SD Patch}
#define MOTHERBOARD 81 //{SD Patch}
#define POWER_SUPPLY 2
#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 340 //{SD Patch}
#define BED_MAXTEMP 150 //{SD Patch}

follow this:

http://wiki.solidoodle.com/update-firmware

Sounds like your using an Arduino version that does not have the at90usb1286 built in.

Chuck Bittner is a quadriplegic gamer who is petitioning the major console developers to include internal button remapping in all console games. You can help.
Sign Chuck Bittners petition

Running a Solidoodle 2 with the Printrboard Rev e, and a E3D hot end.  Purchased a Reprap smart controller, and un-commented the define within the Marlin config.h (having downloaded the firmware from the above "update firmware" site). 

It then refused to compile with a "BLEN_C not defined" error.  Looking through the pins.h, the Printrboard section didn't have the "ultipanel" or "newpanel".  Found a thread where someone had put up the pins.h including this area, but the pin settings for the rest of the definitions in this section (for the "81" motherboard) were different.

It did compile, just got to try and flash the firmware now (my network failed just as I was looking for the instructions), so should be interesting to see what comes out.

The Reprap LCD controller came with a "teensylu" adapter, which consisted of a pair of ribbon cables which plugged into the back of the controller, then to a pair of sockets which connect up to the "EXP1" and "ICSP" pins on the edge of the Printrboard.  Well, they do when you solder them in.  wink

I am thinking that this may work, may fail dismally, may fail spectacularly, or may require a whole bunch of different pin settings.  How do I determine what pin signals are being received by the board (other than the tried and true engineering mechanism of "suck it and see"?

And is it likely to go spectacularly and horribly wrong, or just be a bit of a fizzer?

As it happens, a bit of a fizzer is what was ended up with. 

New firmware loaded up ok, rebuilt printer, plugged in, fired up and......not much.  LCD screen lit, but blank.  Turning encoder and pressing causes LCD screen flicker, and that's about it. 

Going to fire up through RH and see what it tells me about the SD card (if anything).

Found later Marlin, activated options, got same "BLEN_C" error, so left it.

Hello,

Anyone can tell me if I can use the pre-configured version of the Arduino IDE for my solidoodle 4?
And if so, with the option Sanguino W / ATmega644P like on solidoodle 3?

i'm obviously going to have to learn alot more about arduinos and everything because i'm lost even afterreading the thread. is there an easy way to update the sd3 firmware?

Manx wrote:

i'm obviously going to have to learn alot more about arduinos and everything because i'm lost even afterreading the thread. is there an easy way to update the sd3 firmware?

Yep, just tell us what board you have.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

117 (edited by Manx 2015-03-20 18:14:23)

i believe i have the sanquino w/ATmega644P its the original board for the sd3 i purchased back in february 2013

i was able to figure out what i have which is the martin 1.0.0 by lawsy dated 2012-08-14

The firmware you'll want is this.
https://github.com/ozadr1an/Solidoodle- … in_v1_beta
Download the latest version of arduino and use it to open and upload the firmware listed above.
If you need step by step let us know but it is covered in the WIKI.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

i found that last night but i'm obviously not understanding something i have arduino 1.6.1 but where do i find the file i need to use? arduino  says i can only load file extensions for it and i can't seem to find files with the right extensions

You want to open the Marlin.ino file from the Marlin folder that is bundled in the link I posted.

ok finally found it made the change to solidoodle_version 3

but got a noteBinary sketch size 59,002 bytes (of a 63,488 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync() :not in sync: resp=0xd7 (in orange text)

so i'm hoping thats right

You still have something not quite right.  You shouldn't be getting any errors do you have the correct board selected in tools>board?
In configuration.h have you saved your changes with the correct number assigned for your board?

123 (edited by Manx 2015-03-21 16:34:38)

i was finally able to get it to go had to use a lower version of arduino it seems the 1.6.1 version doesn't have the sanguino  board in it this change looks to have taken it shows its was last updated march 21 2015 and that it was compiled today

i greased the shafts with white lithium grease and running my second print today which looks successful so i'm hoping that it got it right no major screwups at this point

If you want to use the newer version of arduino it is just a matter of relocating the hardware folder from the older version to the hardware folder for the newer version.

thanksyou for the advice i'll give that a try this afternoon after i have my latest print finish