Re: New printer Monoprice ultimate maker

Tin Falcon wrote:

But, we are veering completely off course for this thread... this is supposed to be about Tin Falcon's new toy...

Nice sentiment  but Carl and Me He enjoy debating every topic!!!

Sorry about that. But I'm really glad you are considering try the tl-smoother out on your ultimate, that is my original intention.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

carl_m1968 wrote:

Well I stand corrected then. Guess my 20 years as a tech with a 98% repair rate in a market where schematics are unheard of has all been a dream. The fact you used an iphone pretty much makes any experiment you did fact. So I will never doubt anything you say or post again.

I have no problem with you doubt everything I post, it is called critical thinking, very important property for anyone to become scientist. But when something we don't fully understood shows up, we design experiment to test it instead of conclude it is impossible. Actually when placebo effect first discovered, some people conclude it is impossible and others design double blind experiment to test it out.

I still can not confirm the tl-smoother improve print quality for the same reason, I can not experimentally reproduce it. But I still leave my mind open, the benefit may depend on machine, step driver, tl-smoother diode of choice.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

78 (edited by Tin Falcon 2018-11-25 21:24:24)

considering

researching, pondering,viewing,,taking into account, decision pending .......

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

considering

researching pondering .......

I found something wired. my ultimate did not came with motor damper, all my MonoPrice Maker select v2 and plus came with motor damper. Did your ultimate came with motor damper? Just want to make sure mine is not taken by whoever open the box.

I found something wired. my ultimate did not came with motor damper, all my MonoPrice Maker select v2 and plus came with motor damper. Did your ultimate came with motor damper? Just want to make sure mine is not taken by whoever open the box.

I think you meant weird and no the Ultimate maker does not come standard with these it is a popular and simple mod .it is recommended mod on the MP wiki for reducing noise. .

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed

Tin Falcon wrote:

I think you meant weird and no the Ultimate maker does not come standard with these it is a popular and simple mod .it is recommended mod on the MP wiki for reducing noise. .

Yes, I meant weird. And thanks for the confirmation. It is still weird though, I thought it should be included on this high end model not the low end model.

Sorry guys Ted Nugent and I have the same sources of hearing loss,

Guns, Rock Music, woman in bed with me screaming while I give her an orgasm. 

3D Printer nope not on the list. 

Todd

Ps I still can hear a gas valve open on a boiler or furnace.

Please continue I'm enjoying your debate.

Just purchaced in December '18 Flsun Cube...yet to print.

I thought it should be included on this high end model not the low end model.

one would think and there is no wifi option on this model either not that that is a big deal .

IIRC the dampers are not expensive or difficult to install

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Stepper-V … B07413FLKZ

yizhou.he wrote:

Yes, I meant weird. And thanks for the confirmation. It is still weird though, I thought it should be included on this high end model not the low end model.

you think this is a "high end" printer??? really??

lol lol lol lol lol lol

you have no idea what a high end printer really is.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

heartless wrote:
yizhou.he wrote:

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Heartless you forget he buys only what he needs to get by and do the job and is not above buying clones and knockoffs if it saves him a buck or two. Paying more than $500 for a printer would be unthinkable to him. Even though we know a highend model will usually be in the $1000 plus range and top of the line could reach $4000 plus.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

heartless wrote:
yizhou.he wrote:

lol lol lol lol lol lol

high and low are relative terms, ultimate is relative higher end in MonoPrice printer line when compared with V2 and plus.

For all high end printer that I have idea with, those 3d print human organ/tissue is high end printer, those 3d print metal are middle class and those print resin or plastic are all low end, regardless the price.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Heartless you forget he buys only what he needs to get by and do the job and is not above buying clones and knockoffs if it saves him a buck or two. Paying more than $500 for a printer would be unthinkable to him. Even though we know a highend model will usually be in the $1000 plus range and top of the line could reach $4000 plus.

lol, Carl, you overestimate me. I set my bar to $200 instead of $500 (shipping included), of all my printer, only two of my CR-10S exceed the bar by $3 and $5, but they well worth the extra money.

88 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-12-08 04:30:40)

OK, I finally put Marlin on my MonoPrice Maker Ultimate, the major benefit is I can finally adjust motor current now. This Printer is way nosier than V2 and plus without motor current adjustment. Since the frame is so stable, I want to make it print faster, the the noise is off chart!

In Marlin Settings - Driver strength - the default setting is 1200, I was able to get it work at 500, but to be balanced with quiet and torque, I set them to 800, with tl-smoother, it is quiet enough at 800. This is eeprom setting so make sure you save it before reboot.

It still generate some noise when it do fast back-forth infills at high speed, but that is mechanic noise, the frame is stable, and unlike the high frequency motor noise, the mechanic noise don't go very far. I'm very happy with it now.

I ordered a bondtech from printedsolid black Friday. I stopped in the store . they apparently do not stock the d6 conversion kit but were willing to order one and ship it. I received it last Saturday.  And installed it .
easy install. it is a little different in that the you can not just shove the filament in  like the old one or the aero you actually have to feed it by turning the nylon gear.