Topic: Update problem with FreeLSS 1.26

Hi
I have just updated to version 1.26 and if i click on "check for Update" the software shuts down ... Why does that happen?
Thank you all for your responses.
Gilberto

Re: Update problem with FreeLSS 1.26

Hello

I have a same problem, with update from v1.11 to v 1.26.

Update doesn't work.
When I click on update button, it will download update to /update/freelss-1-26
and then install update to /opt/freelss-1-26, there is freelss executable and lib folder
That's all.
But my old version freelss executable is located in /home/pi/freelss/src and is still old version 1.11
And If I try to run freelss exe from /opt/freelss-1-26/  then I got segmentanion fault

Can somebody help me with that?

Gilberto and proxy,

I have just PM'd you both.

- Uriah

I'm also having this problem. When I try to run the program as a root through the terminal I get a segmentation fault.

Hey Joe, I had the same problems.  Here's how I got to 1.26 by trying a combination of things already on the forum:
Forget stretch, there seem to be some incompatible libraries used.  Go here http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/ download raspbian-2017-07-05 which is the final version of raspbian jessie.  Install and do as before to get v1.11 running.  Update to v1.26 but it still wont be working yet.  Then downgraded kernel to ver. 4.4.50 by using:

sudo rpi-update 52241088c1da59a359110d39c1875cda56496764

type:

ldd /usr/local/bin/freelss 

This is a long list of freelss libraries.  look for => not found eg. libpng12.so.0   Need to install missing libraries- I had 4 missing.  There is a tool.  Type:

sudo apt-get install apt-file
sudo apt-file update

we can use apt-file to search for missing libaries eg.

apt-file search libjpeg.so.8

gave me the library name libjpeg8.  When you have all your missing library names use apt-get install eg.

sudo apt-get install libjpeg8 libopencv-core2.4 libopencv-calib3d2.4 libopencv-imgproc2.4

browse to the install location of v1.26 and run:

cd /opt/freelss-1-26
sudo ./freelss

I haven't yet figured out how to get freelss to auto start as sudo - the script provided doesn't give freelss full write access so it can't edit the config files.  But its definitely v1.26 running on my machine.  Hope this helps

Analogmonster,

Thanks for that info.  I've been having weird calibration problems with my Atlas3D, so I downloaded stretch, and installed FreeLss from GitHub.  It wouldn't upgrade either.

I'll give your method a try.  Thanks for figuring that out.

-Kevin

7 (edited by n2ri 2018-03-05 08:26:50)

is there a way to use win7 64bit to run scanner with old ver PI?
my Lenovo T61 series win XPsp3 went and too costly to fix so moved up to my W500 series running win7 64bit for now may add xp 32bit for older stuff I use when swapping HDD data over and revive my SD2.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri,

The connection to the Pi is either over the network or via the Pi itself, so any OS will work.

- Uriah

analogmonster wrote:

Hey Joe, I had the same problems.  Here's how I got to 1.26 by trying a combination of things already on the forum:
Forget stretch, there seem to be some incompatible libraries used.  Go here http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/ download raspbian-2017-07-05 which is the final version of raspbian jessie.  Install and do as before to get v1.11 running.  Update to v1.26 but it still wont be working yet.  Then downgraded kernel to ver. 4.4.50 by using:

type:

This is a long list of freelss libraries.  look for => not found eg. libpng12.so.0   Need to install missing libraries- I had 4 missing.  There is a tool.  Type:

sudo apt-file update

gave me the library name libjpeg8.  When you have all your missing library names use apt-get install eg.

sudo apt-get install libjpeg8 libopencv-core2.4 libopencv-calib3d2.4 libopencv-imgproc2.4

cd /opt/freelss-1-26
sudo ./freelss

I haven't yet figured out how to get freelss to auto start as sudo - the script provided doesn't give freelss full write access so it can't edit the config files.  But its definitely v1.26 running on my machine.  Hope this helps

Thank you for your help,
I'm not too savvy when it comes to coding. I've found the three libraries that have errors but I don't know how to install them. Any advice? (Libjpeg.so.8, libmicrohttpd.so.10, and libcryto.so.1.0.0)

hairu526 where are you? no posts for 3 months now. still need help logging into scanner as nothing does it anymore. last time I did was over a year and half ago. all I get is a few flickers of the pi LEDs and time outs no matter if direct connect or WIFI.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri wrote:

hairu526 where are you? no posts for 3 months now. still need help logging into scanner as nothing does it anymore. last time I did was over a year and half ago. all I get is a few flickers of the pi LEDs and time outs no matter if direct connect or WIFI.

What is the current on your power supply for the Pi?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:

What is the current on your power supply for the Pi?

dont know exactly as no way to test but I also tried new PS he sent me long ago with no change

13 (edited by n2ri 2018-06-11 17:18:11)

analogmonster wrote:

type:

sudo apt-file update

cd /opt/freelss-1-26
sudo ./freelss

there are 2 newer zip files on that site now and it took me an hour with high speed internet to download latest one 2018-04-18-raspbian-stretch.zip as its near 2GB yeah why so big for such a tiny pi? is it everything due to him leaving the scanner project?

its an image file that wont fit on a CD or most older SD cards so how can pi read it? with tiny memory

14 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-06-11 17:44:17)

n2ri wrote:
analogmonster wrote:

type:

sudo apt-file update

cd /opt/freelss-1-26
sudo ./freelss

there are 2 newer zip files on that site now and it took me an hour with high speed internet to download latest one 2018-04-18-raspbian-stretch.zip as its near 2GB yeah why so big for such a tiny pi? is it everything due to him leaving the scanner project?

its an image file that wont fit on a CD or most older SD cards so how can pi read it? with tiny memory

It's the entire OS and files the Pi needs to boot, and run. It is an image file that you use a program such as Etcher to write to an SDcard. This would be the image file I was talking about in the other thread. Minimum cards size would be 4GB.

carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:
analogmonster wrote:

type:

sudo apt-file update

cd /opt/freelss-1-26
sudo ./freelss

It's the entire OS and files the Pi needs to boot, and run. It is an image file that you use a program such as Etcher to write to an SDcard. This would be the image file I was talking about in the other thread. Minimum cards size would be 4GB.

cool will it work still on the old pi B like mine? or do some of those files only work on pi2/3?

16 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-06-11 18:00:52)

n2ri wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:

cool will it work still on the old pi B like mine? or do some of those files only work on pi2/3?

I would assume it would be backwards compatible unless it is noted on the site somewhere the hardware has been upgraded. The worse it will do is not work. Everything stays on the card so once the card is removed nothing remains of that OS. I could technically send you my card for Pi that runs NanoDLP on DUV printers and your Pi would boot and load up NanoDLP and the Linux OS it runs on.

Oh and while we are on the topic of the card, Because it holds and runs the OS from the card it is absolutely necessary for the card to be a Class 10 card. Anything else is too slow. This could also be part of your slow boot issue.

17 (edited by n2ri 2018-06-11 18:19:20)

carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

I would assume it would be backwards compatible unless it is noted on the site somewhere the hardware has been upgraded. The worse it will do is not work. Everything stays on the card so once the card is removed nothing remains of that OS. I could technically send you my card for Pi that runs NanoDLP on DUV printers and your Pi would boot and load up NanoDLP and the Linux OS it runs on.

Oh and while we are on the topic of the card, Because it holds and runs the OS from the card it is absolutely necessary for the card to be a Class 10 card. Anything else is too slow. This could also be part of your slow boot issue.

yes its the card that came with scanner and 8gb. thanks so much Carl!

when I put the SD card in my PC it asks if I want to format it? as it sees nothing

n2ri wrote:

when I put the SD card in my PC it asks if I want to format it? as it sees nothing

Did you use etcher and and point it to the zip file and the Sdcard?

etcher?

https://etcher.io/

It is a program that takes the image file as a zip file and then writes it to the sdcard while creating the correct directory structure and so on that Raspian and the OS for the Scanner to operate. It is what is used to write these types of image files to the Sdcards that drive a Pi.

looks like that wont even work on win xp os

gotta load all this to my other laptop and do latter its win 7 64bit

n2ri wrote:

gotta load all this to my other laptop and do latter its win 7 64bit

Also note as I added to the other post, your card SDcard must be a CLASS 10 card. If it is anything else it will not be fast enough.

well another wasted effort seems. the LED lights on pi are from end yellow, green, green, red, green. red seems power, the single green after it seems internet traffic and the others also seem to indicate internet as red is on when powered and the others blink while connecting and seem to show its online but my PC browser cant find it or connect just time out. WIFI dont change it when saving password etc with USB as it says. pi seems to save it but no interface to PC. antivirus/firewall dont even respond so not bothering them. never found why it only trys using IE browser by default as its not default on any of my PCs. pasting address in other browsers has same effect time outs. that flashing of SD takes like near 30mins is that normal?