26 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-06-11 21:34:00)

Re: Update problem with FreeLSS 1.26

n2ri wrote:

well another wasted effort seems. the LED lights on pi are from end yellow, green, green, red, green. red seems power, the single green after it seems internet traffic and the others also seem to indicate internet as red is on when powered and the others blink while connecting and seem to show its online but my PC browser cant find it or connect just time out. WIFI dont change it when saving password etc with USB as it says. pi seems to save it but no interface to PC. antivirus/firewall dont even respond so not bothering them. never found why it only trys using IE browser by default as its not default on any of my PCs. pasting address in other browsers has same effect time outs. that flashing of SD takes like near 30mins is that normal?

If you reimaged the SDcard then you then need to load the sdcard on to your PC and open the file that has your network credentials that I reference in another thread. A freshly imaged card should open on a PC and you should be able to browse it and open that file. Yes it does take while to flash.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

how do I tell if class 10? it has tiny i with a U around it also HC 1 or t

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:

well another wasted effort seems. the LED lights on pi are from end yellow, green, green, red, green. red seems power, the single green after it seems internet traffic and the others also seem to indicate internet as red is on when powered and the others blink while connecting and seem to show its online but my PC browser cant find it or connect just time out. WIFI dont change it when saving password etc with USB as it says. pi seems to save it but no interface to PC. antivirus/firewall dont even respond so not bothering them. never found why it only trys using IE browser by default as its not default on any of my PCs. pasting address in other browsers has same effect time outs. that flashing of SD takes like near 30mins is that normal?

If you reimaged the SDcard then you then need to load the sdcard on to your PC and open the file that has your network credentials that I reference in another thread. A freshly imaged card should open on a PC and you should be able to browse it and open that file. Yes it does take while to flash.

nope still wants to format as nothing shows on SD must need another program for these

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:

nope still wants to format as nothing shows on SD must need another program for these

Just close the box that asking if you want to format then open your file manager and you should be able to browse and open it from there. If not then the image file may be bad. When I create my SDcard for my Pi it is browsable in windows and yours should be no different.

also 'ATLAS3D_Windows.hta' still shows same data as b4 like its not from the scanner SD. that program also dont show designers logo at top like it does on my win7 64bit pc. but scanner didnt connect on that pc either. is there another start app for scanner?

it wont let me do 'open with" to chose like note pad etc

32 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-06-11 21:57:58)

n2ri wrote:

it wont let me do 'open with" to chose like note pad etc

Post a link to where you got the zip file. I will try flashing the image to my Pi sdcard when i get home in about an hour and see what it does for me. I should still be able to get something to run even though I do not have an actual scanner..

pc dont even show any space used in SD but it used over 5gb flashing

2nd file only one with download link http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbi … 018-04-19/

it verified ok too in etcher must be dif format than most pi files

it likely uses Python etc for 3D camera/laser functions

n2ri wrote:

If you look at the info file at the top of the list it says that is the firmware for the Pi. It should already have firmware. What you want is what is supposed to be on the SDcard.

What you need is this file. Just unpack it and copy it to the SDcard. Sounds to me your SDcard was blank from the beginning.

Post's attachments

freelss-master.zip 719.27 kb, 5 downloads since 2018-06-11 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:

If you look at the info file at the top of the list it says that is the firmware for the Pi. It should already have firmware. What you want is what is supposed to be on the SDcard.

What you need is this file. Just unpack it and copy it to the SDcard. Sounds to me your SDcard was blank from the beginning.

it was not blank as I ran the scanner about 2 years ago when new but havnt been able to lately. that zip has several files and folders in it. how do I put it on SD card? and what parts do I "flash to SD? as etcher was how I done last file but this is different. wish hairu hadnt abandon us like that 3 months ago. be nice to at least have a chance to use this $220 pile of plastic on my desk sold as a 3D scanner.

the readme file is sketchy at best with unknown characters in command lines etc. plus if format SD to upload files it only lights red power LED on board now so that other files must be flashed on SD card as the pi has no onboard memory other than SD card. so now gotta re-flash SD as this files readme says lastest ver of that needs installed before hand also seems to require connection in order to install this file/folder so still got the main hurdle to get started like since square 1. seems I am regressing instead of progressing

I have no way to use this old pi as self install as I have no keyboard, monitor, special software etc for programing a pi. I only had this pi given to me to use for this dumb scanner which did work sorta at 1st but needed mods to make it usable as intended. then 3D printer messed up and other things kept me from dealing with them til this year and no connection. I dont design the things and seems the person that did has flown the coop. these are the main reasons 3D printing (and other new tech) dont last long enough to make a dent in the world as nobody has the time or patience for frivolity of this magnitude. seems no innovation but schemers these days in Tech.

41 (edited by n2ri 2018-06-12 15:20:28)

maybe if your running Linux OS you can see these files on SD as its a form of that. but its not truly a PC format just like Mac is not. I have a spare HDD for this laptop with Linux on it but not easy to switch between

You know the Pi B has 1GB of onboard RAM. It is essentially a PC that runs Linux so it has to have RAM. It uses the SDcard as a hard drive and nothing more. Raspian is just a stripped down version of Linux modified just for the Rapberry Pi series.

I Have windows 10 only on my Alienware that is my main computer and it can read an SDcard that a PI uses with no issues. I can read the files, edit them with wordpad, and save them to the sdcard and the Pi can still read them as well. Sounds to me it might be time to try a new Pi. For the price they are now, by a few so you have spares.

well once you flash SD you cant load anything on it as PC dont see anything unless formatted. maybe USB can some how let pi grab it? I dont know how though.

the folder in zip file has no exc file so dont see how it can run anything or autostart its just a folder with text files and more folders. seems still missing whats needed to run scanner

n2ri wrote:

the folder in zip file has no exc file so dont see how it can run anything or autostart its just a folder with text files and more folders. seems still missing whats needed to run scanner

It is a java based app that opens in your browser when you plug the IP of the scanner into your browser. That is the way it SHOULD work.

but where and how do I install it? must be in pi some how as My son searched my router for devices and when I powered up scanner found a new address different from what start app had in browser yet when I tried that address it still failed to open/connect. need to know how to reinstall Atlas Scanner files that must have got formatted on SD card. as once raspian is flashed on the SD card there is no access to it by my PC running win xp nor win7.

also I am sure just slapping that Atlas file folder on SD or thumb drive it wont do a thing. and all the text that is in start app shows nothing about web address or starting any program and seems to only be in the start app file. so nothing is even trying to communicate between my PC and scanner. scanner just talks to router on a private line acts like by the LED lights flashing.

Have you thought about just starting from scratch as if you just bought and assembled it. Go back to the info page and instructions and start from there?

btw - if you can search the router for the addresses, add a DHCP reservation for that MAC address.  Then it will always be the same ip address

when trouble shooting I eventually had to connect usb keyboard and screen to the Pi to figure out how to get it working

Am trying to fix another raspberry pi based project and just got reminded of another couple of issues about raspberry pi boards...

1. plug in keyboard/mouse/network before booting.  It does not like hot plugged devices
2. make sure you have a good quality/class 10 sd card