Re: XYZprinting Open Source NFC key calculator online: www.nfckey.xyz

docromano wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:
johnboyjr wrote:

Can any one give me step by step how to use a NTAG213 sticker with my android phone thanks

I cannot explain to you how to use the Anroid application because I do not have a NFC enabled phone, but the steps are:

1: Get password by entering the UID in the NFCkey wen site
2: Enter the desired length in pages 10(0A), 11(0B) and 20(14) of tag
3: Enter the password from NFCket web page in page 43(2B) of tag
4: Enter Pack Code from NFCkey web page in page 44(2C) of tag
5: Write tag with Ardoid.

@Bozotclown1970

Thanks for that answer, I had the same question. Still I cant figure it out on a Davinci Mini:

1. The pack code is only 2 bytes, instead of four on all the other pages. Is that correct ?
2. On an empty Tag, do I really only need pages 10,11,20,43 and 44 ? Because looking at the big thread, there´s much more stuff on the tag:

PAGE    DESCRIPTION
00        First part of the UID of the NFC Chip
01        Second part of the UID of the NFC Chip
02        First two bytes are a checksum generated from the serial number. The second two bytes are the lock bytes.
03        The capability container of the chip. Same for all.
04        Always 01 03 A0 0C.
05        Always 34 03 00 FE.
06        Always empty.
07        Always empty.
08        First byte is alway 5A. Second byte is the Material, which is also stated in the spools serial number. Third byte is the color of the filament. Last byte is always 00.
09        First two bytes are always 00. Last three bytes are part of the spools serial number when converted to ASCII.
10        Total capacity on the Spool. This has to be the same as Page 11.
11        Total capacity on the Spool. This has to be the same as Page 10.
12        Almost always D2 00 2D 00.
13        First two bytes are almost always 54 48. Last two bytes belong to the spools serial number when converted to ASCII.
14        All bytes belong to the spool serial number when converted to ASCII.
15        Always empty.
16        Always empty.
17        Always 34 00 00 00.
18        Always empty.
19        Always empty.
20        Remaining capacity on the Spool
21        First two bytes hash the count on Page 20. Last byte is always 54.
22        First two bytes hash the count on Page 20. Last byte is always CE.
23        First two bytes hash the count on Page 20. Last byte is always 76.
24        Always empty.
25        Always empty.
26        Always empty.
27        Always empty.
28        Always empty.
29        Always empty.
30        Always empty.
31        Always empty.
32        Always empty.
34        Always empty.
35        Always empty.
36        Always empty.
37        Always empty.
38        Always empty.
39        Always empty.
40        Always 00 00 00 BD.
41        These are configuration bytes, please see the official datasheet of the NTAG213 for informations.
42        These are configuration bytes, please see the official datasheet of the NTAG213 for informations.
43        Contains the password of the tag.
44        First two bytes are the PACK number. The last two bytes are the RFUI.

You probably also need to do pages 8, 9, 12, 13, 14 & 17 (I always do)
You might have to do 21-23 but it depends on your printer firmware whether these pages are actually checked.  They aren't always (I always do too)
41 & 42 are also important and may need changing too - you may be able to just copy the values from your old original card.

102 (edited by docromano 2018-01-02 19:47:17)

cgrillo wrote:

41 & 42 are also important and may need changing too - you may be able to just copy the values from your old original card.

Thx !

Thought about that but then again...PW and Pack wont fit to the different UID so I would have to create them new. And that´s where I am lost - how to enter the Pack code into 42 ?

/edit

and I tried to use the data generated by the NTAG Edit tool v1.2 that is published here somewhere. No luck, Ntag is not even recognized.

docromano wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

Thx !

Thought about that but then again...PW and Pack wont fit to the different UID so I would have to create them new. And that´s where I am lost - how to enter the Pack code into 42 ?

/edit

and I tried to use the data generated by the NTAG Edit tool v1.2 that is published here somewhere. No luck, Ntag is not even recognized.

This isn't really the thread for these issues.
Find an appropriate thread (or start a new one) and post the card data (all of it) and someone will look at what is missing.

My  Firmware  is 2.27.anyone know how to  Change Firmware to Older Version?
besides,I run your Key codes in VC++6.0,but i do not know what number should add in

986827589 wrote:

My  Firmware  is 2.27.anyone know how to  Change Firmware to Older Version?
besides,I run your Key codes in VC++6.0,but i do not know what number should add in

Maybe you should read - before posting!

Ok everyone, I was working with a member with issues using paper tags. I will post his resolution, but I have ask him to post a message stating his problem and the resolution so he can get the credit. Again, this is not my fix I am just passing it along for anyone interested.

Hi, WORKING!!!

I downgraded the software to one from an old post 2.1.4.2 and it is now printing using one of the stickers!

Hi all.
I bought a nfc tags from e-bay and I tried to use them with my Da Vinci Junior 1.0 but it always say: not supportive  spool.
I generate the key, add it to my keys and change 08,14,15,16,17,43,44 rows.

I have an original nfc key and it works (when I reset it I had to change the color of the spool to work, this will be a problem in future, because as I red in the forums I had to change the ID of the chip or I have to use different colors every time)

So can you help me to fix this issue with the NFC tags I've bought ?

vvasilev wrote:

Hi all.
I bought a nfc tags from e-bay and I tried to use them with my Da Vinci Junior 1.0 but it always say: not supportive  spool.
I generate the key, add it to my keys and change 08,14,15,16,17,43,44 rows.

I have an original nfc key and it works (when I reset it I had to change the color of the spool to work, this will be a problem in future, because as I red in the forums I had to change the ID of the chip or I have to use different colors every time)

So can you help me to fix this issue with the NFC tags I've bought ?

If you can dump out all the data from the card - we can have a look.

Hello, new to the forum.  I see that the thread is still lively so I hope someone can help me.
I am trying to get the card from my original starter filament that I, unfortunately let it run to 0 length, to work again.  I purchased some third party filament and spooled it on the same spool because the other spool was too large to fit in my Da Vinci Jr 1.0w running 2.3.7 software.  I mostly understand the mechanics of using the https://nfckey.xyz/ website to put in my card UID and received the PACK and KEY but I cannot seem to authenticate to the card in order to change the data.  I know some say that if you run the spool dry, the card is dead.  Making sure that is still the case as well.

I used the RFID NFC Tool and it looks like the UID of my card is 04 b4 66 5E F2 D4 4F 80 and I received the key of 8D CB A4 CD and PACK of E6 68.

Is there a step by step instruction on how to do this?  I have check several youtube videos and links within this forum to no avail.  I am sure it is out there.  I assume I am failing at the initial creating key part as I only see maybe 4 or 5 pages instead of the 7 or so I see other post.

Trying to make the bread, just need some guidance.

Thanks

Okay, I tried something different when I used the website. At first, I input the UID on the website and the tag pages auto populated wrong information and also the wrong key and PACK.  I input the tag pages and that seemed to provide the correct results in both UID field and the key/Pack combo.  Created the new key in the app and authenticated successfully.  Received: Key masked behind page =>0x2B B9 30 84 7b

Page data starting from 0x00
04 B4 66 5E
F2 D4 4F 80
E9 48 00 00
E1 10 12 00

Does this seem right to any?  The outputs Ive seen from others show page numbers is brackets and are a lot more than I see here.

If this is correct, what is the next stage?  Do I start writing information to the page as described in this and other threads or do I need to do something else?

Thanks

Update from yesterday:  I was able to authenticate and even write to the tag and I wrote the values that I have received from the many threads here but I put the tag to my machine and it gives me the unidentified spool note.  I remember seeing somewhere that a user could only get it to see the spool correctly if it had the spool length and remaining tag set to 100 vs the 2 or 300m everyone is apparently using.  Can anyone tell me the correct sequence for the 100m length so I can try this?  I found it once before but clicking multiple links and a lot of searching and I lost that specific post.  Not sure it will fix it and I have done a lot of changes to the tag I fear it will be unusable regardless, just something I want to try.

Thanks

112 (edited by vvasilev 2018-01-16 09:36:08)

Hi all.
In no reason i connected my printer Da vinci jr1 to my laptop and it had a fw upgrade to version 2.2.7
As I red it cannot be downgraded.
Do you know can I use an NFC stickers to cheat it ?
because now I tried but I still got unidentified spool  ?
I can give you all the data from the nfc sticker.

EDIT:
as I can see i cannot write the pack.
I write 2c with the pack I've got, it said :write successful,but it still shows 00 00 after I reread.
I set the key to 2b and I added it to the key list, so it reads the key.

You are in luck, FW version 2.2.7 was the last version you could downgrade which will then allow you to modify your tags again. Read forum and you will find the thread that explains how to downgrade.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

You are in luck, FW version 2.2.7 was the last version you could downgrade which will then allow you to modify your tags again. Read forum and you will find the thread that explains how to downgrade.

I believe that you CANNOT downgrade firmware if you are currently 2.2.7.

Source:
http://www.soliforum.com/post/128824/#p128824
2.5.2 Facts for the Jr
- If you are running a firmware on or above 2.2.7 you cannot downgrade or use reseted NFC Tags.

I stand corrected, you cannot downgrade any firmware higher than 2.2.6.

any ideas how to fix this and use 3-rd party spools ?

You can purchase some paper tags and print your heart out using them. They are on Ebay and cost about .10 USD.

I've got paper tags. But can't make them work.
I always got unidentified spool.
As I said earlier I generate password and pack, write all the settings I need, fealds: 08,14,0a,0b,15,16,17, 2B (pass) and 2C (PACK), but I still have the error.
I saw that after writing the settings, and read it again the pack still stay 00 00 , dosn't matter I've change it. I tried this on 2 different paper NTAGs. I also take the information from fields 10,11,20 of the old original chip and write them down to the new nfc.

Your tag shoud look similar to following. This is a paper tag I updated and it works.

http://soliforum.com/i/?zTB1K1D.jpg

What are you using to update the tags?

I use RFID NFC tool for android.
I don't have an nfc reader for my laptop, so this is the only option I have.
i'll check all the settings again and see if they mach with yours.

it's working with your data.
I just have to see now what is the temperature of the white spool witch is in your chip.
Thank you so much.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

You can purchase some paper tags and print your heart out using them. They are on Ebay and cost about .10 USD.

Is there a thread or post, or link that does not require reading 200 other posts, most of which are people going "derrrrr" like me here,. that is just a grocery list of items and instructions to make this happen? To get the info ON the tags?  I don't see it anywhere.

I had a Jr 1.0 with the latest firmware, and have donated it to my small Local Public Library.

I have an old Samsung J7 with NFC enabled on the phone. and thats it...  I want to help the Library get OFF XYZ PLA. 

I also have a Jr. pro now, so therefore i really am on a mission for others.

So,. Now what? Don't flame me for being blunt here.  I respect all the past work and time into this. I am also willing to pay for some info, product, or instruction.  I don't have to thank my mechanic for his 20 years of experience that guided him to my repairs. I just give him money.

Back a bit I read someone used the analogy of give a man a fish / teach a man to fish. I am ready to learn,but i am also starving to get my Local Library OFF XYZ brand PLA.  They would like to print some TPU and Wood PLA this spring.

I am a teacher and a fisherman, and there is a big difference twixt giving a man a fish, teaching a man to fish, and telling a man, "there's the lake- good luck".

If anyone has doubts about my ethos of DIY and sharing- google my name "billpealer" + Arduino,   and you will see all my videos and posts, giving hungry people fish, and teaching those with full bellies how to fish.  Telling a starving man to learn to fish, is an insult and in humane.

So,. philosophy lesson aside,.  Anyone willing to PM me the tools, and techniques to get dummy tags going?? I will gladly pay it forward.  Anyone needing prop special effects,. and uses Arduino,.  I have already paid it forward, my code, and demonstrations are public. And my haste at answering questions and providing insight is plain to see on my Youtube videos.

thanks and to preempt- I am sorry

billpealer wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Is there a thread or post, or link that does not require reading 200 other posts, most of which are people going "derrrrr" like me here,. that is just a grocery list of items and instructions to make this happen? To get the info ON the tags?  I don't see it anywhere.

I had a Jr 1.0 with the latest firmware, and have donated it to my small Local Public Library.

I have an old Samsung J7 with NFC enabled on the phone. and thats it...  I want to help the Library get OFF XYZ PLA. 

I also have a Jr. pro now, so therefore i really am on a mission for others.

So,. Now what? Don't flame me for being blunt here.  I respect all the past work and time into this. I am also willing to pay for some info, product, or instruction.  I don't have to thank my mechanic for his 20 years of experience that guided him to my repairs. I just give him money.

Back a bit I read someone used the analogy of give a man a fish / teach a man to fish. I am ready to learn,but i am also starving to get my Local Library OFF XYZ brand PLA.  They would like to print some TPU and Wood PLA this spring.

I am a teacher and a fisherman, and there is a big difference twixt giving a man a fish, teaching a man to fish, and telling a man, "there's the lake- good luck".

If anyone has doubts about my ethos of DIY and sharing- google my name "billpealer" + Arduino,   and you will see all my videos and posts, giving hungry people fish, and teaching those with full bellies how to fish.  Telling a starving man to learn to fish, is an insult and in humane.

So,. philosophy lesson aside,.  Anyone willing to PM me the tools, and techniques to get dummy tags going?? I will gladly pay it forward.  Anyone needing prop special effects,. and uses Arduino,.  I have already paid it forward, my code, and demonstrations are public. And my haste at answering questions and providing insight is plain to see on my Youtube videos.

thanks and to preempt- I am sorry

Part of the issue is there is no standard of entry. Some use phone apps which there are several and they differ in method. Then some use programmers that are connected to a PC and that is an entire different animal. My suggestion would be search for tag programming in the search function and it might narrow down things. Or find one of the people actually doing it with your preferred method either phone or PC and PM them. The questions are getting just as lost as the answers here in the general forums.

Also what version is the firmware in your machine? Above a certain version you cannot use hacked tags was the last I read here.

Again it would be best to PM some of the people in the beginning of the thread to see what device they are using and if they are using phone then see if they can get you going. I think most are just using this to reset the length and not so much the temps. I would advise staying away from wood as well. It will clog your extruder unless you have a .05 or larger. It is not really intended for .04 and smaller openings. The tiny pieces of wood in the filament are just too large.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

https://nfckey.xyz/
link does not work .. I'm in a panic

petstep wrote:

https://nfckey.xyz/
link does not work .. I'm in a panic

Works fine for me!!