1 (edited by nilezon 2017-11-22 20:15:54)

Topic: XYZprinting Open Source NFC key calculator online: www.nfckey.xyz

As some of you may know, I have spent a few hours and $$$ the last couple of weeks to figure out how those NFC keys really work.
Now I have finally cracked the algorithm, and I am sharing it freely:

www.nfckey.xyz

Credit to everyone who researched this device and helped along the way.

Edit:
Algorithm is freely available at GitHub!

Re: XYZprinting Open Source NFC key calculator online: www.nfckey.xyz

WOW! Great domain name!

Nice work! But I think it will be helpful to provide some link on the website helping people understand what is UID and how to get them and what you can do with the password. I think most people looked the website already know, but newbie always happens

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I don’t closely follow the issues surrounding this topic.  That being said, the OP requested I make this a STICKY to help others save money.  It only seems fair that I put this out there for others to voice their opinions and possibly help me understand the issue better.

@OP-the proper way to request a STICKY would be here for all to see.  Not by reporting your own post.  Save that for actual Soliforum rule violations.

Thank you

wardjr

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

4 (edited by mjf55 2017-11-18 17:08:41)

WOW does not properly show what you did.  NO ONE thought it was possible.  I tried 2 different UIDs that I knew ( I know, a real extensive test ) and they both worked. 
Congratulations on a job well done.  Every One should make a small donation. 
Now to finish the job with using the cheap tags and this DRM is fully busted.

Even though I do not need it, ( I have the daVinci Tag Manager ), I have made a small donation.

mjf55 wrote:

WOW does not properly show what you did.  NO ONE thought it was possible.  I tried 2 different UIDs that I knew ( I know, a real extensive test ) and they both worked. 
Congratulations on a job well done.  Every One should make a small donation. 
Now to finish the job with using the cheap tags and this DRM is fully busted.

Even though I do not need it, ( I have the daVinci Tag Manager ), I have made a small donation.

Donations not working for me.  are you ... ?  If so, I will donate directly

Thank you! I know, but it is hard to describe how much time I really put into this :-)
Yes, the e-mail is correct. I tested the donation link now without any issues. What problem did you have?

6 (edited by mjf55 2017-11-17 21:51:19)

nilezon wrote:

Thank you! I know, but it is hard to describe how much time I really put into this :-)
Yes, the e-mail is correct. I tested the donation link now without any issues. What problem did you have?

EDIT: image no longer needed.  Just enter amount without decimal point ( at least thats what I did (Im US based))

wardjr wrote:

I don’t closely follow the issues surrounding this topic.  That being said, the OP requested I make this a STICKY to help others save money.  It only seems fair that I put this out there for others to voice their opinions and possibly help me understand the issue better.

@OP-the proper way to request a STICKY would be here for all to see.  Not by reporting your own post.  Save that for actual Soliforum rule violations.

Thank you

wardjr

There's a thread with 126 pages with people requesting passwords and paying to get them. I reverse engineered the printer and created a tool to do this instantly and for free.
Now anyone with a XYZ printer can buy cheap NTAG13 stickers from Alibaba/eBay and stick them to any filament roll.
Sticky or not, I hope people find it useful.

mjf55 wrote:
nilezon wrote:

here:

You're from Sweden (precis som jag), so maybe you should use comma instead of period as a decimal separator?
What if you type the amount without decimals?

9 (edited by mjf55 2017-11-17 21:50:06)

nilezon wrote:
mjf55 wrote:
nilezon wrote:

here:

You're from Sweden (precis som jag), so maybe you should use comma instead of period as a decimal separator?

Im in the US.  thats just what popped up.  I'll give it a try, but already donated directly.

Yeah, no decimal point worked.

mjf55 wrote:
nilezon wrote:
mjf55 wrote:

here:

Im in the US.  thats just what popped up.  I'll give it a try, but already donated directly.

Yeah, no decimal point worked.

Good to know. And big thank you!

So with some confusion as to the actual way to request a sticky, I propose that his thread be a sticky, as it solves an issue that NO ONE has been able to solve.  That is sticky worthiness ( at least in my opinion ).

nilezon wrote:

As some of you may know, I have spent a few hours and $$$ the last couple of weeks to figure out how those NFC keys really work.
Now I have finally cracked the algorithm, and I am sharing it freely:

www.nfckey.xyz

Credit to everyone who researched this device and helped along the way.

Nice work man! Reverse engineering at its best smile

Not sure you guys want to make this so public. Seems XYZ could take some legal action against you for doing this since it cuts into their profits.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Not sure you guys want to make this so public. Seems XYZ could take some legal action against you for doing this since it cuts into their profits.

No worries. This is fully legal in Sweden.

15 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-11-18 01:46:29)

nilezon wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

No worries. This is fully legal in Sweden.

Sweden is not the only country in the world though and this if used in other countries will fall under the laws of those countries. But hey what do I know? Just trying to say don't be surprised if XYZ tries to get legal with you through other countries where your clients are using this at.

Like I said you are hurting their bottom line. 

They sale the printers at rock bottom prices in hopes to make money of their overprice filament. Good work either way, this will really stick it to them and maybe teach them proprietary is not the way to go in this age if you want to stay a thriving business.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

How much worse is this than the thread with 500 UID/ passwords and Pack codes.  My guess is they might think it is not worth the legal fees, even if they have an in house firm

But,  I'm no lawyer and I did not sleep in a holiday inn.

Hmm, in that case, I think my previous suggestion is actually a bad idea. I looked nilezon website. There is no much information is actually illegal there besides mentioned Xyzprinting and their filament in the page. I personally think it is a bad idea and taking unnecessarily risk. I would recommend remove Xyzprinting from the website and re-brand the website as string conversion tools.  Post the guide and instruction on forums instead of the website.

Still, don't go to China, the law interpretation is very "Intelligent" in China, bugs and back doors in law never stop judders to make right decision there.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

yizhou.he wrote:

Hmm, in that case, I think my previous suggestion is actually a bad idea. I looked nilezon website. There is no much information is actually illegal there besides mentioned Xyzprinting and their filament in the page. I personally think it is a bad idea and taking unnecessarily risk. I would recommend remove Xyzprinting from the website and re-brand the website as string conversion tools.  Post the guide and instruction on forums instead of the website.

Still, don't go to China, the law interpretation is very "Intelligent" in China, bugs and back doors in law never stop judders to make right decision there.

Web site re-branded.
Thanks for the advice.

So I know this is a lot to ask, but for us EMUTAG and ntag213 sticker users, can you add a list of all the UID's with their passwords? Because unless I'm doing this thing wrong, then every time a spool becomes empty or invalid for whatever reason you have to change the UID and password, and digging through the forums in order to do this is really time consuming and somewhat difficult.

origamiboy360 wrote:

So I know this is a lot to ask, but for us EMUTAG and ntag213 sticker users, can you add a list of all the UID's with their passwords? Because unless I'm doing this thing wrong, then every time a spool becomes empty or invalid for whatever reason you have to change the UID and password, and digging through the forums in order to do this is really time consuming and somewhat difficult.

You can use the website, enter any made UID and it will generate password and pack cose.  Remember, UIDs are 7 bytes, start with 04 and end with either 80 or 81.

You can also install my davinvi tag manager linked in another thread. It has over 400 valid UID/PW/Pack codes in a database.

21 (edited by cgrillo 2017-11-20 17:55:30)

mjf55 wrote:
origamiboy360 wrote:

You can use the website, enter any made UID and it will generate password and pack cose.  Remember, UIDs are 7 bytes, start with 04 and end with either 80 or 81.

You can also install my davinvi tag manager linked in another thread. It has over 400 valid UID/PW/Pack codes in a database.

Yes, there is no need for a csv file with card no's etc to be distributed.
Just use Nielzon's web site and make up a card number.
Do it a few times and keep the numbers as backups (just in case)...

The nfckey.xyz page is updated with real time client side calculation (javascript) and the algorithm is freely available at github!

nilezon wrote:

The nfckey.xyz page is updated with real time client side calculation (javascript) and the algorithm is freely available at github!

Thank you very much.  smile

nilezon wrote:

Batch input possible? input a list of UID (up to 110) and output list of matched UID and password. Or some file format that NFC writer can open or import?

Random UID generator possible? generate a list of non-repetitive UID (up to 110) and output list of matched UID and password. Or some file format that NFC writer can open or import?

25 (edited by nilezon 2017-11-22 21:56:57)

yizhou.he wrote:
nilezon wrote:

Batch input possible? input a list of UID (up to 110) and output list of matched UID and password. Or some file format that NFC writer can open or import?

Random UID generator possible? generate a list of non-repetitive UID (up to 110) and output list of matched UID and password. Or some file format that NFC writer can open or import?

Not currently, but it would be easy to build.
Anyone could do it now that the algorithm is open sourced.

Edit:
You can do this with the javascript console in Firefox/Chrome/IE:
Go to nfckey.xyz. Press F12. In javascript console, type:

[ "04010203040580", "04111111111180", "04333333333380" ].forEach(function (u) { console.log(u+';'+nfcKey.getKey(u)+';'+nfcKey.getPack(u)); });