Re: New filastruder user!

Thank's. Anyone tried to improve the insulation?

That photo is a good example of what to do.

78 (edited by LamprosPat 2017-05-03 10:02:42)

I want to tell the story here so everyone that reads will be aware. So the thermocouples arrived and I replaced the broken one. The temperature couldn't stay at the place I wanted to again. So I went to the PID controller and tweak the settings to the factory settings and no problems at all. I produced like 2 kilogramms/5 pounds of 1.70 ABS. Te machine is running at 177.5 but I still can't get 1.75 filament. That is not a big problem I assure its the height of my setup that is pulling it. Posting photo.

79 (edited by LamprosPat 2017-05-03 09:00:23)

I bought this tent for hydroponics to protect my self from the fumes of the printer, of the filastruder and the dust that the cnc makes when I work with wood.

LamprosPat wrote:

I want to tell the story here so everyone that reads will be aware. So the thermocouples arrived and I replaced the broken one. The temperature couldn't stay at the place I wanted to again. So I went to the PID controller and tweak the settings to the factory settings and no problems at all. I produced like 2 kilogramms/5 pounds of 1.70 ABS. Te machine is running at 177.5 but I still can't get 1.75 filament. That is not a big problem I assure its the height of my setup that is pulling it. Posting photo.

Yes, the nozzles are intentionally undersized a bit. The reason for this is that some polymers exhibit more die swell than others. In addition filament diameter is a product of how much cooling is provided, room temperature, extrusion temperature, etc.

As a result it is better to provide a bit undersize, as it is easier to make a small hole larger than a large hole smaller. You can just set the slicer of your printer to 1.70mm. Or:

- Drill the nozzle out slightly
- Reduce extrusion temperature
- Increase cooling at the nozzle

Cool. Thank's

Have anyone used a stepper motor instead of a servo on the filawinder? Can this be possible? If yes what do I need to buy? . Also what is your set up on customs wilawinders? I think I need to bring in some 2 by 4.

83 (edited by LamprosPat 2017-06-14 10:36:14)

Can some one answer to my post above about the stepper motor on rails for coiling? What do I need. Can this be happen on the provided board itself with a stepper driver and a small stepper motor?? Also can I change the movement diameter from 1.75 to 170 to the servo before I put a stepper motor? I have upgraded the servo with a 20kg metal gear.