Re: New filastruder user!

LamprosPat wrote:

Thank you for the interest. I woke up this morning and took the auger out. It came out by hand. This is what happened.
http://soliforum.com/i/?KVsbkZW.jpg

That was most likely your issue. Also at what temp are you extruding and with what material?

abs. I had it 200degrees but now I turned it down to 183. I am trying to produce some filament at the moment to print the filawinder's parts. very hard as it changes diameter while is coiling to the floor. weight friction..

now I am getting very slow flowrate... it used to be like triple faster. do you guys think that the auger is blocked again?

Possibly but it may be the way your extruder is setup. May I see a picture if the setup? Also good luck with getting the extuder to work without a filawinder I couldn't get it to work but I was making pla not abs

What I actually did was that I put the auger to the motor's coupling and I left a space like 3-4 mm before touch the back wall of the coupling. and then I screw the black thing that screws to the auger. That way it pushes the thrust bearing where needs to be with the pushing friction.

56 (edited by Voyex 2017-04-05 22:19:50)

LamprosPat wrote:

What I actually did was that I put the auger to the motor's coupling and I left a space like 3-4 mm before touch the back wall of the coupling. and then I screw the black thing that screws to the auger. That way it pushes the thrust bearing where needs to be with the pushing friction.

Black thing? The washers or the coupling around the auger near the thrust bearing (aka shaft collar)?

Exactly. Shaft collar is the word. Thank's

LamprosPat wrote:

abs. I had it 200degrees but now I turned it down to 183. I am trying to produce some filament at the moment to print the filawinder's parts. very hard as it changes diameter while is coiling to the floor. weight friction..

Higher temperatures will extrude faster, but with more diameter variance.

For best results if extruding to the floor, the Filastruder needs to be 4-5 feet off the ground, and the filament needs to have an unobstructed path to the ground.

When I set higher temperature the auger is getting blocked. I will put the heater as much to the front to see if that fixes the issue.

60 (edited by LamprosPat 2017-04-09 19:19:26)

I just want to say that the filastruder is up and running. I made a pretty decent batch of 1.55 abs filament colorized with blue add on at 7% I am now printing the second spool hub to set up the filawinder.

61 (edited by LamprosPat 2017-04-09 23:42:45)

Ok. Its time to mount it vertical and the barrel's hole is not lined up with the horizon so I cant fit the vertical mount. I tried to rotate the barrel with a pliers but I am afraid it will bend. Do you guys have a stl from a vertical mount with more clearance?

You can either unbolt the flange and turn the barrel 90 degrees, or you can try printing the attached stl.
It was available on Thingiverse a few months back, but now it seems to have been deleted.
If you can/do use the hopper adapter, you MUST glue it to the vertical chute, if not the hopper as well. A lesson I learned the hard way after 2 hoppers' worth of raw material dumped onto the basement floor. In a hard-to-reach area.

Post's attachments

hopper_adapter.stl 23.87 kb, 7 downloads since 2017-04-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Filastruder 2607 w/ Filawinder @1.75mm.
Dual-extruder MaxMicron Prusa Mendel: RAMPS 1.4 w/ Repetier Firmware+Full Graphic LCD Controller, stock hotends, 3Dator extruders w/ MK8 gears, insulated enclosure w/ 2 heat lamps, RPi 2B w/ Repetier Server.
0.1-0.2mm layer height, heated bed w/ PEI surface, inductive-sensor autolevel, 0.5mm to 0.2mm nozzle diameters.

Where does this adapter fits?

Between the top of the vertical chute and the bottom of the actual hopper. See the extra part with black cement around it?:
http://www.soliforum.com/post/134181/#p134181

Filastruder 2607 w/ Filawinder @1.75mm.
Dual-extruder MaxMicron Prusa Mendel: RAMPS 1.4 w/ Repetier Firmware+Full Graphic LCD Controller, stock hotends, 3Dator extruders w/ MK8 gears, insulated enclosure w/ 2 heat lamps, RPi 2B w/ Repetier Server.
0.1-0.2mm layer height, heated bed w/ PEI surface, inductive-sensor autolevel, 0.5mm to 0.2mm nozzle diameters.

65 (edited by LamprosPat 2017-04-11 15:04:13)

Can someone modify a stl for me?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:455026

this is the thing. I need to extend the shoot 4-5 cm but I cant see how to figuge it this out.

JeremyLGSiegfried wrote:

Between the top of the vertical chute and the bottom of the actual hopper. See the extra part with black cement around it?:
http://www.soliforum.com/post/134181/#p134181

I am afraid this wont work because th barrel is not 90 degrees to the side face. this is the main problem. I modified the part A of the thing above. just extrude it longer and the pellets doesn't pass that flat bottom.

I modified it. I am still working on it.

Hi. Why the pid controller drops down to even 160 celcius and going up to 190 when I have set it to 184? Do I need to set up the calibration everytime I power up or change the temperature? Long press "set"-"cntl" set to two and after ep8 let it blinking at at. That doesnt looks to help.

69 (edited by LamprosPat 2017-04-15 11:40:50)

Happy Easter. Any inputs for my comment above please?

I suspect your previously damaged thermocouple is causing those problems, temperature swings like that are not normal.

71 (edited by LamprosPat 2017-04-15 22:00:53)

I have on the mail some k type thermocouples. Thank's

Do I need to calibrate each time I start the machine and when I change the temperature?

No, you should only need to calibrate if some aspect of the machine changes (thermocouple, thermocouple placement, fan placement, insulation, etc).

Changing temperature or power cycling should not necessitate a PID autotune.

Thank's so much. I will post my setup as soon as possible.

Could you please post me a photo to see how to mount the thermistor properly? I use kapton tape. thank's.

75 (edited by jinxycob 2017-04-17 11:29:45)

Could you please post me a photo to see how to mount the thermistor properly? I use kapton tape. thank's.

wondering about that too but reckon the final position rest on how much tension used in tightening.
http://www.robotrebels.org/gallery/16_17_04_17_7_14_36.jpeg
  what i done wrap one layer round the nozzle, pieced the hole inserted the  tip all the way in.  then wrap strips round till its held firm!.