Re: Davinci Jr Repetier Port

as well as keypad and lights smile

102 (edited by luc 2017-09-15 09:30:26)

Y end stop is pin 73 for board, pin 110 on MCU

Paging carl_m1968

carl_m1968 wrote:

There is only one method to find pins. That is to trace the traces by sight and by measurement. So anyone that owns one of these machines can help. Just do it with the power off and be aware of ESD.

We've got the majority of pins mapped, but I could use your help with the voltage comparator being used for the heater switch.

Pin 33 of the LPC1115 Microcontroller (U17) is attached to Pin3 and Pin6 of U9 (TSSOP8 package LM2903)
The NTC Thermristor appears to also be attached to U17's Pin33 (through R59 100Ω)
Pin 1 of U9 is attached (through R358 27Ω) to Q8's gate which controls the Heater circuit to ground

I'm uploading a close up of the voltage comparator circuit for you here

https://i.imgur.com/prcAia6.jpg

104 (edited by pyr0ball 2017-09-15 16:54:14)

You know, worst case, we could run a jumper wire from an unused IO pin on the ATSAM to Q8 and bypass the M0 entirely...

Of course, we'd have to do the same for the NTC as well, possibly the fans

Admire what you guys can do. I have no idea how to trace pin or how these pins are named. Only have some basic electric knowledge. Will it be helpful to compare how duet wifi board achieve these function?
Also will it be helpful to obtain high resolution scan of the board so that we can label the trace in different color?
http://soliforum.com/i/?IZhubbC.jpg

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

yizhou.he wrote:

Admire what you guys can do. I have no idea how to trace pin or how these pins are named. Only have some basic electric knowledge. Will it be helpful to compare how duet wifi board achieve these function?
Also will it be helpful to obtain high resolution scan of the board so that we can label the trace in different color?

I can do the visual traces, but building a schematic diagram would be more useful for the engineers.

If I remember correctly, DuetWifi does not use the additional microcontroller that this board has, which means either we need to figure out how that micro is controlled, or it needs a hardware bypass for the functions assigned to the micro

107 (edited by yizhou.he 2017-09-15 21:57:27)

Does this make any sense?I have no idea exactly what they means, but googled some where mentioned LPC1115 Microcontroller can be used for JTAG. This might explain the function of U2. But I can not think of any reason why they want to use this approach, only data communication heavy part on the hot-end board is the auto-leveling. The other part is the NFC reader, which have no reason to reduce pin.

Reduced pin count JTAG (IEEE 1149.7)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JTAG#Redu … _1149.7.29

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

U17 is communicating with U2 via serial interface, not JTAG. My guess is that they needed more I/O pins than the ATSAM has for the NFC as well as the other additional modules that could be installed on higher end boards, like WiFi

That's extract what JTAG do, it is kind of serial interface but not extract.The two pin interface is designed so that multiple chips can be connected in a star topology. one pin transfer serial data and the other pin send clock singal decide which device get the serial data, the star topology can explain your pin map confict--multple device hooked up to one pin:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reduced pin count JTAG (IEEE 1149.7)
Reduced pin count JTAG uses only two wires, a clock wire and a data wire. This is defined as part of the IEEE 1149.7 standard.[7] The connector pins are

TMSC (Test Serial Data)
TCKC (Test Clock)

It is called cJTAG for compact JTAG.

Example of JTAG with reduced pin count
The two wire interface reduced pressure on the number of pins, and devices can be connected in a star topology. [8] The star topology enables some parts of the system to be powered down, while others can still be accessed over JTAG; a daisy chain requires all JTAG interfaces to be powered. Other two-wire interfaces exist, such as Serial Wire Debug.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a6/Example_of_reduced_pin_count_JTAG_interface.svg/610px-Example_of_reduced_pin_count_JTAG_interface.svg.png

Communications model[edit]
In JTAG, devices expose one or more test access ports (TAPs). The picture above shows three TAPs, which might be individual chips or might be modules inside one chip. A daisy chain of TAPs is called a scan chain, or (loosely) a target. Scan chains can be arbitrarily long, but in practice twenty TAPs is unusually long.[citation needed]

To use JTAG, a host is connected to the target's JTAG signals (TMS, TCK, TDI, TDO, etc.) through some kind of JTAG adapter, which may need to handle issues like level shifting and galvanic isolation. The adapter connects to the host using some interface such as USB, PCI, Ethernet, and so forth.

110 (edited by pyr0ball 2017-09-16 05:13:36)

That's not what's being used. This is simple serial interface (TXD and RXD) which doesn't use a clock sync pin or anything like that. As far as I'm aware, Arduino doesn't have any JTAG interface whatsoever. It's got SPI, I2C, "serial" and a couple of other types of interface, but it definitely does not have JTAG.

In order to sniff the serial traffic properly I just need to solder in a header and set up a serial sniffer circuit

http://www.xappsoftware.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Screen-shot-2012-01-26-at-21.23.57.png

ok, i have no idea what i'm talking about, just read something about people use LPC1115 for JTAG chip, and i thought functionally it make sense here. just keep this in mind in case you have trouble to understand the data you sniffed out.

So M0 is actually focused on Temp control and monitoring when M4 is dedicated to printer itself, which is good for safety as M0 should not crash easily as dedicated to temperature

But someething bother me: when I wipe M4 Fw andpower on, the extruder is self heating, do you have same behavior?
I had to connect a fan instead of extruder to avoid damage on my printer when debuging pins by soft

luc wrote:

So M0 is actually focused on Temp control and monitoring when M4 is dedicated to printer itself, which is good for safety as M0 should not crash easily as dedicated to temperature

But someething bother me: when I wipe M4 Fw andpower on, the extruder is self heating, do you have same behavior?
I had to connect a fan instead of extruder to avoid damage on my printer when debuging pins by soft

No when I'm saying "M0" it's in reference to the cortex-m0 microcontroller, U17

yes me too and you mentioned M0 and Sam M4 communicated using serial
So I misunderstood ?

Ah no you understood and I didn't in that context. I believe the uncontrollable heating is caused by the fact that the heating circuit being controlled by a voltage comparator circuit which is monitored by U17. Without reference voltage supplied by U17, the comparator circuit can't do its job which explains the heater behavior

Alright, so I'm getting ready to start work on getting all the pins in a nice clean table, what pins are there left to be discovered and mapped?

Planning on submitting a Marlin version once everything is documented.

does marlin support M4 ? I never saw it

Check out Marlin4Due

119 (edited by pyr0ball 2017-09-18 05:10:37)

megatron wrote:

Alright, so I'm getting ready to start work on getting all the pins in a nice clean table, what pins are there left to be discovered and mapped?

Planning on submitting a Marlin version once everything is documented.

We're missing the relationship between the main ATSAM (U2) and the Cortex-M0 (U17) which is handling the NTC sampling as well as the heater output PWM. The other functions attached to U17 appear to be non-essential.

Alternatively, a hardware rework could be performed to attach U2 directly to the heater's mosfet (Q8), but that's not exactly for the faint of heart, and certainly wouldn't be a mainstream option.

I'm gonna be putting together the serial sniffer tomorrow to see if I can capture anything useful between them

120 (edited by luc 2017-09-18 05:18:06)

due is sam3x8e, jr is sam4e8e not same mcu
there is no arduino support for sam4e8e as far I know, and so even less for marlin , I ported marlin4due for davinci duo, so I am aware of it wink
today only duet3d support sam4e8e and it is not arduino based but use asf and not compatible with arduino functions used in marlin or repetier

luc wrote:

due is sam3x8e, jr is sam4e8e not same mcu
there is no arduino support for sam4e8e as far I know, and so even less for marlin , I ported marlin4due for davinci duo, so I am aware of it wink
today only duet3d support sam4e8e and it is not arduino based but use asf and not compatible with arduino functions used in marlin or repetier

Ah darn, spaced on that little fact. I'm about 3 beers in so I'll poke around tomorrow.

if there is serial header available for the M0, I would be interresting to see if it can be flashed it would allow more flexibilty

i thought repetiter firmware dc42 is ardino based, it support duetwifi and duetethernet which use sam4e8e,
https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/ … uctions.md

dc42 duet3d is reprap fw not repetier fw

luc wrote:

if there is serial header available for the M0, I would be interresting to see if it can be flashed it would allow more flexibilty

J115 has serial connection to the traces connecting U2 and U17, so it's on both. Of those chips. I don't think that header is suitable for flashing