Topic: kisslicer blows for SD2

not EVEN close to working correct for an SD2 as default settings say. plus when exported to gcode model is not in center as while slicing but completely off platform in front left corner and has errors in sliced gcode making it un-printable. and I have found no way to  change/add settings since the few tat are available are not even named same as they are in Repateir host, Slic3r etc. it may as well be for a printer made in China. useless totally. yeah it will 'attempt' slicing stl files that Slic3r cant but it dont really make anything usable by a 3D printer. much less an SD2 as it states.

NEXT, please! (maybe the name is dyslexic for 'Keep It Stupid, Simpleton') looks nice on the cover but...

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Re: kisslicer blows for SD2

Hmmm.... I love the KISSlicer for my SD2. It was not that hard to transfer settings from slic3r. And, I did have to learn the KISS way of slicing. But, the advantage was a wonderful tool path for the entire print and the best supports I've seen so far.

SD2 Expert stock, ABS fume fan,
XYZ DaVinci 1.0 stock ABS, Simplify3D
QUBD Two-Up PLA, new 3D printed X gantry, Y idler, flex z coupler, extruder mount, E3D Lite

ggunners wrote:

Hmmm.... I love the KISSlicer for my SD2.

THIS!!!

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

Kisslicer is one of the better ones. You just need to research it some more. I'm going to post some of my settings for PLA in the correct thread so you can get a start from there.

it has no interface graphic view in RH like Slic3r, Cura etc so have to slice blind in seperate app then load and pray it prints right

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

You need to fix your settings then. It works great once you have the settings right. It has a great graphic view. I prefer it actually because it makes it somewhat transparent. When you import the gcode into RH it shows the sliced model just like slic3r so I don't know what you are talking about. There are some issues and limitations like anything else, but it's my preferred slicer ATM. Maybe do more research before you go blasting software you clearly don't know how to use.

it wont work on my versions of RH

8 (edited by metaldrgn 2015-09-15 04:48:01)

n2ri wrote:

it wont work on my versions of RH

You probably need to add some printer gcode to it. I'll post mine when I get home.

Update :
Sorry forgot about it. I'm sure you can search for it though.

9 (edited by metaldrgn 2015-09-16 02:21:25)

Here it is:

http://soliforum.com/i/?BsJXXnf.jpg

Some of it's cut out(I don't use the M140 part), but it's:

; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90
; Home
G28
; Heated bed control
M140 S<BED>
; Relative E
M83

10 (edited by n2ri 2015-09-16 13:30:35)

for SD2 with ABS are these correct for that? I run bed at 90c and extruder at 195c on mine if that matters. main thing was parts dont center correctly and some perimeters get left out leaving it unmanifold even though KISS says not. seems it only reads thicker walls

and where do you find this menu?

Check the box on the bottom right. I can post my ABS settings later. I don't use ABS often because I don't like the stuff so they may not be optimal but it's a start.

v1.0.9.7 has no box like this

and when open in RH v95f there are no settings config available for KISS slicer

so thats what I mean about very poor interface between it and RH/printer. plus UN-useable gcodes after slicing

15 (edited by n2ri 2015-09-16 16:43:09)

also the place your in should be blank if no model is loaded to be sliced I think, otherwise instructions for installing KISS in RH would tell to enter this info.

16 (edited by metaldrgn 2015-09-16 16:56:42)

First of all you are using an outdated version. If nothing else get 1.1 to start with. There are newer versions though. Regardless there still should be a check box to show the settings on the bottom right. I think I started with 1.1 but there should still be a box for it. Do you not see any settings?

Post a screenshot of what you are seeing in the program because you're losing me.

Correct, you can't use it in RH. It's a separate program. Yes it has no interface with RH. That means nothing though. All you do is slice it, review it, save, drag/drop the gcode file into RH and final review/print it.

How is the gcode unusable?

nope nor any box lower right. if open KISS stand alone top tool bar has a settings similar to that blue color though and all the text boxes yours show are empty if no item is loaded. but in RH no KISS config/settings shown it seems to just shrotcut to app through RH viewer.

I dont use slicers separate from RH. hence my OP here

if I use KISS to make gcode it loads model off build platform towards front left with only a corner showing in RH also it will be missing parts

http://soliforum.com/i/?nrzpaTS.jpg

also from their web site "The FREE version has all the features needed for the hobbyist who uses a single-head machine.  The PRO version essentially adds multi-head and multi-model printing."

so likely same for other features

21 (edited by metaldrgn 2015-09-17 04:45:15)

Please upgrade to v1.1.0 first.

Then, add those settings I mentioned and let me know how that works for you for starters.

22 (edited by n2ri 2015-09-17 06:15:13)

not if it wont interface in RH. got other slicers that do fine that way. also that version is no longer on download page either. just 2 newer one and one is beta

Well good luck then.

24 (edited by ysb 2015-09-18 11:51:29)

tss ... kisslicer is one of the best if not the best slicer.... we are now with the 1.5 beta 2.22 ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3evahzu5gfel … FeGZa?dl=0 )

the author finish to squezze some bugs to let go the 1.5 stable

Re: KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

by bgcop » 01 Sep 2015, 12:55

Hello friends,

I write to Jonathan because i have some worry of Kisslicer development. Jontahan respond ->

It's not abandoned, in fact I have done a bunch of work with it, but all the recent work is alpha level (DLP-style printers, 3-axis CNC mill, and a few other smaller features). It will take some work to clean it up so others can use it. My plan right now is to just try to solidify the 1.5 version for a release, without any of the super new features, just fixing the bugs I have found. Unfortunately this is taking *much* longer than I hoped.

So, yeah, not abandoned, but no visible progress at the moment, sorry!

thanks for emailing,
Jonathan

Great news!

Thank you
Jonathan

but as usual, some model are better sliced by one slicer than another ... but for fine details, kisslicer is 95% of time ahead of anything... (less now than slic3r 1.2.9 is out .. )

first as the other said : stop using completely outdated buggy version of RH (0.95 ? really ? when the 1.5.6 is out ?)

i use kissclicer since i have my SD2 and there is no problem at all... BUT i never try to use it right from RH.

my method is : open kisslicer, generate GCODE, load gcode in RH , compare visually Gcode with the result from slic3r.. take the better of the two ... one or two more click than a direct usage in RH.. not difficult (but i'm sure you can use it right from RH.. i just never try...)

it's the same for Slic3er as you can't use the top function (like modifier meshes ) direct from RH

i let the two slicers in the backgroung and load the gcode in RH to see the result when i want to use all the functionality...

i use the same start and end gcode than in my sclic3r config

i get the pro version (when it was in promo) only for the "Oversample resolution" function only but you can really live without it

see the last up to date manual ( http://3ntr.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/ … 080215.pdf )

ysb wrote:

first as the other said : stop using completely outdated buggy version of RH (0.95 ? really ? when the 1.5.6 is out ?)

still using V0.95F myself wink